Thought this was a Mustang forum?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Honestly I feel your pain. If I lived somewhere that got real winter I would be torn..
Although the more and more I think about it, maybe get that 2nd S550 winter beater? Snow tires, studded perhaps? Maybe a ski box? :dance:
The GT is just a toy I dont actually have any need for a car as I have a company supplied GMC 4x4 truck thats pretty nice. I just like fast good looking cars and want to have some fun at this stage of my life :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yeah, traffic from DC to VA is more tolerable since covid hit. I do drive my mustang at times, especially on the weekends.
I've been to LA a couple of times and you're right about the traffic.
I was fortunate enough to adjust my schedule so I could drive in at about 11:00-11:30 and drive home between 8:30-9:00.. most days.

Best thing about driving home later on in the evening from LA, there is always some going faster... ALWAYS.
Normal cruising for me is between 85-90 and I get passed by some dude in a KIA without fail.. I’ll play along and let him run roadblock for me.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I try to stay between 60-65 here. Occasionally I'll hit it and waze helps me with cops a lot.

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I try to stay between 60-65 here. Occasionally I'll hit it and waze helps me with cops a lot.
To quote my step dad when they came out to visit.

“Dude! You gotta be a f&$kin race car driver to live in California!”

And this coming from a life long trucker that use to pull doubles between New England & New York.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
As described before... I love cars. I engage in conversations about cars ALOT. I love old cars, new cars, turbos lifted , lowered , forced induction you name it.
But why would I ever come to a Mustang forum to talk about Honda’s? :cwl:
I literally come to Mustang forum to avoid talking about Honda’s and Toyota’s. If I wanted to I would be in a JDM forum, or any social media platform like IG.
Now funny memes or cat pictures I’m all in
1609720503669.jpeg

And full disclaimer: I got No issues at all with Honda’s or Toyota’s. My old lady has a brand new RAV4 that is pretty awesome and the 1st vehicle I bought when I moved to out to Cali was an 85 Honda Accord I bought for $100. Mobbed it everywhere, sold it years later for $500.. not a bad investment if you ask me. :like:
I had a 2006 Civic Si. Owned it since new and sold it last year. 13 years and over 240000 kilometres I put on it. Still had the original starter, alternator and AC with the original refrigerant.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I had a 2006 Civic Si. Owned it since new and sold it last year. 13 years and over 240000 kilometres I put on it. Still had the original starter, alternator and AC with the original refrigerant.
Hell Ya! I had to rebuild the trans in the Fusion a couple a years back, but that was it... and honestly I’m perfectly cool with that.
The 2006 Charger RT I traded in for it had 68k miles on it and was constantly breaking. That thing was beautiful, but what a POS.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hell Ya! I had to rebuild the trans in the Fusion a couple a years back, but that was it... and honestly I’m perfectly cool with that.
The 2006 Charger RT I traded in for it had 68k miles on it and was constantly breaking. That thing was beautiful, but what a POS.
I’m at 175k on my 13 Scion tC, original everything even clutch doesn’t slip. I changed brakes and tires both at 90k will do again at 180k

did full fluid change, and plugs at 100k will do again 200k

cant be happier with it, I get 32-34mpg on highway.I did 10k intervals on the cheap Toyota blend oil, at 100k changed to amsoil signature. Now I do 15k intervals, doesn’t drip or burn any oil

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I agree that neither of those precludes being a man. However....

Anybody who drives an automatic AND puts their car away for the winter can't be a man.
That's easy for somebody from Scottsdale to say. I guess I put my Mustang away for the winter. The tires aren't really suited to ice and snow and I don't have a compelling reason to buy a set of wheels with snow tires. I don't have any place I need to go and I have an SUV. If the streets are clear and dry, I may take the Mustang out. But, I don't usually just drive for the hell of it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That's easy for somebody from Scottsdale to say. I guess I put my Mustang away for the winter. The tires aren't really suited to ice and snow and I don't have a compelling reason to buy a set of wheels with snow tires. I don't have any place I need to go and I have an SUV. If the streets are clear and dry, I may take the Mustang out. But, I don't usually just drive for the hell of it.
If I can move to Scottsdale to be a man, so can anyone else.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If I can move to Scottsdale to be a man, so can anyone else.
No thanks. I have friends in Scottsdale. The last time I visited, the temperature was about 180 degrees and lava was belching out of open volcanos! :whew:
Seriously, the airport runway buckled from the heat.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No thanks. I have friends in Scottsdale. The last time I visited, the temperature was about 180 degrees and lava was belching out of open volcanos! :whew:
Seriously, the airport runway buckled from the heat.
I had to go out to Yuma every couple months for my old gig.. talk about heat holy hell... I despise winter moved across the country to get away from it.
AZ in the summer is definitely not for the faint of heart.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I had to go out to Yuma every couple months for my old gig.. talk about heat holy hell... I despise winter moved across the country to get away from it.
AZ in the summer is definitely not for the faint of heart.
Anyone who drives an automatic or a Camaro or stores their car for the winter or can't take the heat in Scottsdale isn't a man. Just say'n.

OP
OP
SloRyd

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Anyone who drives an automatic or a Camaro or stores their car for the winter or can't take the heat in Scottsdale isn't a man. Just say'n.
Can’t take the heat in Scottsdale? Has to be one the funniest things. yes I get it it’s hot as shit but also Scottsdale is literally the the nicest town in AZ.

that’s like saying “can’t take the heat in Calabasas” :cwl:

Now Camaros and autos I’m with you:like:

I don’t generally drive the Mustang in the 6 days of rain we get here, that’s not putting it away for the winter is it!?!:frown:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
hat’s like saying “can’t take the heat in Calabasas”
yeah try Ft. Sill OK or Wichita Falls TX. I am reminded of the experience every time I open the oven to check on the roast.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
yeah try Ft. Sill OK or Wichita Falls TX. I am reminded of the experience every time I open the oven to check on the roast.
Adding "opens an oven" to non-man list.
Sponsored