OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Is there an easy way to verify my ngauge is unmaried? Like checking something in the menu?
Sponsored

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
You'll be back soon... ;-)
For me, its the coyote. I genuinely dont like it. I know thats sacrilege. Ive owned a LOT of boosted cars, and a few pushrod v8s. That and the size of the car never let me feel like i was truly flying around curves (and that i was)

1. The coyote has to be revved out to make the car hustle. The lack of low end grunt really turned me off to it.I know a LOT of people that praise the coyote because its a high revving high hp NA v8, but for me I like the mopar style of lighting tires.

2. The coyote made me paranoid. its such a noisy engine, the 2k rattle, the bbq tick. Im ocd about engine noise on a good day and the coyote stressed me out.

I think if i were (will some day) to come back to the muslecar world it would be a scatpack charger. Inferior in most ways to the mustang but i had a smile on my face the entire time I drove it.

All that said someone is getting a mustang with EXCELLENT suspension since i didnt pull any of it off.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
For me, its the coyote. I genuinely dont like it. I know thats sacrilege. Ive owned a LOT of boosted cars, and a few pushrod v8s. That and the size of the car never let me feel like i was truly flying around curves (and that i was)

1. The coyote has to be revved out to make the car hustle. The lack of low end grunt really turned me off to it.I know a LOT of people that praise the coyote because its a high revving high hp NA v8, but for me I like the mopar style of lighting tires.

2. The coyote made me paranoid. its such a noisy engine, the 2k rattle, the bbq tick. Im ocd about engine noise on a good day and the coyote stressed me out.

I think if i were (will some day) to come back to the muslecar world it would be a scatpack charger. Inferior in most ways to the mustang but i had a smile on my face the entire time I drove it.

All that said someone is getting a mustang with EXCELLENT suspension since i didnt pull any of it off.
1. I think that's my main issue with NA in general, not having acceleration on demand. But the thing I've found with my EcoBoost that I'm not a fan of is trying to drive in parking lots without "releasing the turbo lag" I think I accumulate while driving slowly to find a nice spot to park. That said, I love taking curves with the 'Boost. So maybe experiences vary?

2. Someone else isn't fond of the V8's engine noise besides me? I'll admit I'm not a fan of the idle sound or the low RPM rumble, but once I get past that I think I'm okay with it. Active exhaust on my EcoBoost got me more prepared to be comfortable with a GT if I decide to get one shortly after I pay my EcoBoost off...after 2025.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
[Q
1. I think that's my main issue with NA in general, not having acceleration on demand. But the thing I've found with my EcoBoost that I'm not a fan of is trying to drive in parking lots without "releasing the turbo lag" I think I accumulate while driving slowly to find a nice spot to park. That said, I love taking curves with the 'Boost. So maybe experiences vary?

2. Someone else isn't fond of the V8's engine noise besides me? I'll admit I'm not a fan of the idle sound or the low RPM rumble, but once I get past that I think I'm okay with it. Active exhaust on my EcoBoost got me more prepared to be comfortable with a GT if I decide to get one shortly after I pay my EcoBoost off...after 2025.
Not liking the sound of a V8 should be illegal.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt

The exhaust note is fantastic. I’m mainly referring to the clatters, rattles, knocks and other nonsense.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line

You are complaining about engine noise? I own many Accords from I4 to V6 and I can say that they are also loud without a nice exhaust tone. Now wait until you get the driver door buzz. I had it on the last 2 Accords I had. They replaced wiring, head unit, amplifier and checked all grounds and they couldnt get it to stop. That was another reason why I got rid of it. I also got tired of the wheel hop and cabin rattles. While the 2.0t is a very powerful little engine I dont think the chassis was tune for it.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
You are complaining about engine noise? I own many Accords from I4 to V6 and I can say that they are also loud without a nice exhaust tone. Now wait until you get the driver door buzz. I had it on the last 2 Accords I had. They replaced wiring, head unit, amplifier and checked all grounds and they couldnt get it to stop. That was another reason why I got rid of it. I also got tired of the wheel hop and cabin rattles. While the 2.0t is a very powerful little engine I dont think the chassis was tune for it.
Just to clarify,

Im not talking about exhaust or anything like that. Im specifically talking about the 2k rattle that sounds like the thing has piston slap. The bbq tick that sounds vaguely like rod knock. There are at least 3 different noises in the coyote that are "normal" that would have me pulling the engine apart on another car. Engine may be fine, but it stresses me out.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Also on the note of wheel hop. The mustang was the worst car ive ever had for it. 99% certain wheel hop is why my clutch exploded when i launched the car.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Just to clarify,

Im not talking about exhaust or anything like that. Im specifically talking about the 2k rattle that sounds like the thing has piston slap. The bbq tick that sounds vaguely like rod knock. There are at least 3 different noises in the coyote that are "normal" that would have me pulling the engine apart on another car. Engine may be fine, but it stresses me out.
Thanks for clarifying. I should also clarify and should have worded it better...I find the volume of the idle and low RPM loud/unsettling to my ears. Like I said though, I think after spending some time with the EcoBoost active exhaust on Normal/Sport, I've become more open to having more noise to feel more connected to the road and my drive.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Is there an easy way to verify my ngauge is unmaried? Like checking something in the menu?
boot up your tuning device - plug into USB. It should say in device info or whatever. I have a BDX so can't give you exact menu navigation.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm so what's the VIN or where did you trade it in? Doesn't look like it's hit AutoTrader yet.
And whose shocks did you install? Your sig is a little imprecise.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Different strokes for different folks. I could (probably) drive a Honda or VW as a DD, but neither would ever be a replacement for my 5.0.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Different strokes for different folks. I could (probably) drive a Honda or VW as a DD, but neither would ever be a replacement for my 5.0.
I think at the end of the day I tried to replace a Volvo S60 with a mustang when I should have just gone for the accord.
Back in 17 and test drove a 16 5.0 and bought my GTI instead

The real fun is going to be my 400 whp supercharged regal that screams like a banshee. Should be up and running next month.
If I didn’t have 2 other project cars I’d have maybe kept the stang but I really needed a daily.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Probably should have kept the Volvo and called it a day.

Personally I'd have kept the mustang and ditched the buick.
Sponsored