Sponsored

So I don't lock my doors, why bother?

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Down by the river all the trucks are parked, everybody on the river. They come back and find every vehicle has been picked and has a pile of glass on passenger side of trucks.

Some where doubled pisst cause they left the doors unlocked. LEO told them the people who needed more stuff and did not have the money, did not check to see if doors were locked and most likely didn't look to see if anything was there to steal.

Someone has to break into your home to be considered breaking and entering, so you can only get for trespass, maybe.
Sponsored

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
LOL yeah I dont lock my home doors either unless im out of town. Again if they are gonna break in.. takes a foot to the door and its open. Then you are replacing a door frame and door as well all your stuff got stolen anyway. If someones plan is to break in they are not gonna go through all the trouble and then go oh well the doors locked. Nope they are just gonna cause more damage.
I'm not sure you realize how many crimes are the result of opportunity and convenience. Locks only keep honest people honest, but there are a lot of "honest" people out there. If you keep nothing in your car, then I suppose your argument is okay...but your house is full of stuff that is important, so to me, your argument falls flat right there.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I never used to lock mine until this scene changed my mind :crackup:

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
With my previous car, it said in the owner's manual to always lock the doors because there is a greater drain on the battery if the doors are unlocked. Does anyone know if there is a similar issue with the Mustang? Has anybody left their car parked with doors unlocked for more than a few days?

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Homeless crackheads having an orgy in your car is reason enough.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
With my previous car, it said in the owner's manual to always lock the doors because there is a greater drain on the battery if the doors are unlocked. Does anyone know if there is a similar issue with the Mustang? Has anybody left their car parked with doors unlocked for more than a few days?
My Mustang GT is never locked and the driver's window is open, when parked in my garage. There is no battery drain and the car sits from December until April. My Porsche would drain the battery in a few days if left unlocked.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I am an insurance adjuster and this probably the dumbest thing i have ever read. The logic that just because you don't have personal belongings in the car you don't lock the car? Locking the car turns on the alarm, it enguages anti theft measures. By leaving your car unlocked you make it so any one can open the door, put the car in neutral and load it on a flatbed. No alarm to let you know its happening. Not sure what trim your car is, but they can strip your interior. I promise you if your insurance finds out your fast and loose with securing your vehicle your policy will get some special attention from an underwriter and almost certainly non-renewed.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
So, if it gets stolen or vandalized are you planning to lie to the insurance company?
You up for insurance fraud?
Do you think they don't scan social media?
Our handles here don't reflect who we are in real life. How would an insurance adjuster, or Ford (for warranty purposes) have the slightest clue who we are on here in real life? It's not like Idaho2018GTPremium is on any of my insurance papers.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I am an insurance adjuster and this probably the dumbest thing i have ever read. The logic that just because you don't have personal belongings in the car you don't lock the car? Locking the car turns on the alarm, it enguages anti theft measures. By leaving your car unlocked you make it so any one can open the door, put the car in neutral and load it on a flatbed. No alarm to let you know its happening. Not sure what trim your car is, but they can strip your interior. I promise you if your insurance finds out your fast and loose with securing your vehicle your policy will get some special attention from an underwriter and almost certainly non-renewed.
Are you saying that disclosing that your car wasn't locked would be grounds for denying a theft or damage due to theft claim? Isn't property property, whether locked or not? If I left my front door unlocked to my house and some random creeper came in, that would be illegally entering a residence, whether the door was locked or not. If that creeper took something from my shelf and left through my unlocked front door, it would still be burglary.

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Our handles here don't reflect who we are in real life. How would an insurance adjuster, or Ford (for warranty purposes) have the slightest clue who we are on here in real life? It's not like Idaho2018GTPremium is on any of my insurance papers.
Pretty sure they can follow the post back to an individual IP address...

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Are you saying that disclosing that your car wasn't locked would be grounds for denying a theft or damage due to theft claim? Isn't property property, whether locked or not? If I left my front door unlocked to my house and some random creeper came in, that would be illegally entering a residence, whether the door was locked or not. If that creeper took something from my shelf and left through my unlocked front door, it would still be burglary.
The first time it could not be denied, but they can choose to say that you represent an unacceptable risk and not continue to insure you.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Pretty sure they can follow the post back to an individual IP address...
Hmm, Ford/Allstate/Whomever can trace the IP address, or M6G? I would hope M6G wouldn't offer that service to insurance adjusters or Ford warranty deniers...