OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Has anyone on this thread read the FordPass modem thread over on the GT350/500 forums? Talk about polar opposites.

Briebee, I will say this. In general being afraid of nothing can be as bad as being afraid of everything. There are always consequences with extremes in either direction. I like taking the middle of the road approach. I concern myself with things that are personal, be it property or people. I also concern myself with things that I can effect. The rest, well lets just say I do not lose much sleep over it.
That forum topic is nuts. They are some conspiracy people over there. They fail to realize the min they hook their phones to the car the same info is transmitted anyway. And they are all pulling fused and wires thinking fords spying on them LOL.

As for your reply thanks for a level headed reply. Yes you are correct. I do have a seriously lacking sense of fear I would guess. Many people have told me and I joke myself that my lack of fear is what is probably gonna be my end one day.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
this thread is almost as bad as the auto lock thread. First world problems, now no one wants locks, set yourselves free !
Hey now my threads are anything but boring :)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I just cant live my life being that afraid of everything. I have only ever had one thing stolen from me in 48 years a lawn ornament. I think of all the money I didn't waste on being afraid of my own shadow. Yeah I could have spent 20 plus thousand over the years to have cameras and the exhaustive list of personnel security things people buy. But for what? To stop someone from steeling my lawn decoration? If they need it that bad they can have it.
So how much more would it have "cost" you to lock your car's doors? Where's the penalty? You've had no losses as it is, and it's not like locking the car paints an obvious visible bullseye on it for theft or vandalism.

A big part of why you haven't had stuff stolen is likely due to people assuming that your car was locked, just like most other peoples' cars.

Anything else I have is insured and it an excuse to replace it with something better. IM just not gonna spend my life being paranoid.
Loss experience from the insurance company's point of view is apt to be justification for charging higher premiums based on the increased loss experience. You wouldn't feel that right away, but you really can't say "insurance paid for it all" when the next premiums come due.

Norm

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So long as OP has not suffered any loss by leaving his doors open, he has no reason to lock them. Hopefully he never has a reason to do so. Me, I'm locking them.

Yeah, I just always do it for consistency: park car outside, lock doors. Doesn't matter if it's our driveway, outside of a restaurant, a parking garage at hotel or the airport, etc.

Then I don't have to worry if I left a valuable in a car (or alternately could leave one, like a radar detector), most thieves just check the door, if it's locked move on.

I remember reading about all these lefts at a mall a bit north of us - right around the holidays, so lots of gifts being left in cars - no broken windows, just unlocked doors.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So long as OP has not suffered any loss by leaving his doors open, he has no reason to lock them.
I had the same philosophy when I decided to take up sky diving. Fortunately, my instructor convinced me I really should use a parachute.

Sponsored

TigerStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Haven’t seen this mentioned, so I will offer it up.

I never lock my convertible. All valuables go in the trunk (if any). The cost of a new top and the pain of getting it done properly is far less that what anyone could steal from inside the car.

I have seen friends 4 digit repair bills because some addict wanted the change out of the console. They are welcome to the couple of bucks IMO.

Deleted member 35644

I wouldn't limit my thinking to just losing items from inside the car. People break into cars for the fun of vandalizing them, and of course to steal them. Why make it easy? At least if you force them to break a window, someone might hear it. Most thieves are deterred by the higher hanging fruit, when they know they'll eventually find an unlocked car somewhere. Don't hand them your car on a silver platter. And don't keep anything of value in your car.....especially a firearm.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Haven’t seen this mentioned, so I will offer it up.

I never lock my convertible. All valuables go in the trunk (if any). The cost of a new top and the pain of getting it done properly is far greater that what anyone could steal from inside the car.

I have seen friends 4 digit repair bills because some addict wanted the change out of the console. They are welcome to the couple of bucks IMO.
Tiger - find what's different.

Norm

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It must suck to live somewhere where this is even something you have to be concerned about. I lock my car in parking lots where it might be tempting for the casual or recreational thief. But in most places it isn't necessary. I often don't even put the top up if there's no chance for rain.

I'm pretty sure Mustangs are not prime targets for most car thieves.