Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man, are we ACTUALLY going to get an official ā€˜Ring time for a Mustang?? That would be a first!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Shame they didnā€™t have any handling package cars there, though. They also seemed to be taking it relatively easy out there

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
Shame they didnā€™t have any handling package cars there, though. They also seemed to be taking it relatively easy out there
It may not be a full handling package car, but the FJG car had different wheels on it. Maybe itā€™ll be a little watered down version of the HP car?

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Man, are we ACTUALLY going to get an official ā€˜Ring time for a Mustang?? That would be a first!
Unlikely. They tested the GT350 there and they never released "official" times. Personally, I think there are just too many variables for it to matter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It may not be a full handling package car, but the FJG car had different wheels on it. Maybe itā€™ll be a little watered down version of the HP car?
Yeah, I'm thinking for Europe there may be a different wheel (similar, but not as wide as the HP wheels) for the Appearance Package.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
True, I didnā€™t notice that it does have different wheels... but itā€™s also automatic, and the HP is manual-only. Maybe thereā€™s a different set of wheels paired with the non-HP appearance package?

Unlikely. They tested the GT350 there and they never released "official" times. Personally, I think there are just too many variables for it to matter.
Yeah, thatā€™s true.

Idk about you guys, but itā€™s frustrating to me that this car is getting tested at the Nurburgring (like the GT350, and MORE than the GT500 got), was build alongside Ford Performance, shares MAJOR Shelby components, is likely going to cost near Shelby pricing, yet STILL isnā€™t considered a ā€œFord Performanceā€ vehicle... JUST GIVE ME THAT FREE DRIVING SCHOOL, DAMNIT!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, if Mach 1 isn't a "Ford Performance" vehicle and yet an Explorer ST is, something is wrong!
Exactly! Itā€™s just crazy to me that as of next year, I will have spent $100k on Mustangs alone in a 3 year span and still donā€™t get that performance driving class, but my buddy spent $17k on a Fiesta ST and got a free 3 day pass to Octane Academy

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
As I watch this for the 50th time, it occurs to me that the FJG car has the accent package. Maybe the European accent package has the HP wheels, or wheels styled like the HP but narrower.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would love to see 'ring times as well, but the specmanship wars prohibit it.

True, I didnā€™t notice that it does have different wheels... but itā€™s also automatic, and the HP is manual-only. Maybe thereā€™s a different set of wheels paired with the non-HP appearance package?

Yeah, thatā€™s true.

Idk about you guys, but itā€™s frustrating to me that this car is getting tested at the Nurburgring (like the GT350, and MORE than the GT500 got), was build alongside Ford Performance, shares MAJOR Shelby components, is likely going to cost near Shelby pricing, yet STILL isnā€™t considered a ā€œFord Performanceā€ vehicle... JUST GIVE ME THAT FREE DRIVING SCHOOL, DAMNIT!
The driving school is part of why the Shelbys cost more. You actually do get what you paid for with them. IMO they are worth every penny. At least the GT350 is.

Exactly! Itā€™s just crazy to me that as of next year, I will have spent $100k on Mustangs alone in a 3 year span and still donā€™t get that performance driving class, but my buddy spent $17k on a Fiesta ST and got a free 3 day pass to Octane Academy
The Mustangs are a lot more capable but the FiST is a fun car, there's no doubt. You can get a great track day for a few hundred dollars locally. Yeah it isn't the FP School, but you will love it.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Sorry. I was a bit distracted with that car in front of the Mustang at the beginning.

The one that was floating so bad, it looked like it was a balsa wood boat in the middle of raging seas.

The Mustang looked planted. Didn't appear to be really pushing it so much, but even the way the suspension held tight as it got some air later on - was actually impressive. They may have put more effort into this than initially apparent.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
is likely going to cost near Shelby pricing, yet STILL isnā€™t considered a ā€œFord Performanceā€ vehicle... JUST GIVE ME THAT FREE DRIVING SCHOOL, DAMNIT!
5000-10,000 price delta to a GT350 buys a lot of track school I should think.
Sponsored