2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Does anyone know exactly what "in transit - shipped from plant" means?

?? moved to another rail yard for shipment ??

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Does anyone know exactly what "in transit - shipped from plant" means?
?? moved to another rail yard for shipment ??
From what I have seen, it seems to be a workaround that Ford is using to get the car delivered because of possible congestion at the Flat Rock facility. They truck the cars over to another automotive railyard in MI and when they arrive there and are loaded into railcars, the status will change to Shipped Rail.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
From what I have seen, it seems to be a workaround that Ford is using to get the car delivered because of possible congestion at the Flat Rock facility. They truck the cars over to another automotive railyard in MI and when they arrive there and are loaded into railcars, the status will change to Shipped Rail.
@Tomster I believe Earl is correct....Mine did exactly this before then being shipped by rail, then by truck to my dealer. You are getting close

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@Tomster I believe Earl is correct....Mine did exactly this before then being shipped by rail, then by truck to my dealer. You are getting close
how many day delay from my status to shipped rail?

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
For me it was 2. Then my rail took 7 days, but theres a lot of stops en route to MD, more than FL I believe. Not to mention the Jessup rail yard up here (known as Annapolis Junction) is a complete mess. In short, I think you'll get yours as fast or faster than I did at this same point which in total from where you are now was 13 days. I would hope you'd have yours in 10. Hope.....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
For me it was 2. Then my rail took 7 days, but theres a lot of stops en route to MD, more than FL I believe. Not to mention the Jessup rail yard up here (known as Annapolis Junction) is a complete mess. In short, I think you'll get yours as fast or faster than I did at this same point which in total from where you are now was 13 days. I would hope you'd have yours in 10. Hope.....
I know the ford site is horrible at an eta. They are saying two weeks.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
If everything goes right it will be shipped by rail sometime next week, but it could be sooner. There was one member on the list that was in FL and his car was shipped rail the day after it was Shipped from Plant.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I saw another member I was following along with get his 2 weeks before the Ford ETA....Then theres me who was 2 days past. You are certainly correct, the site is terrible with ETA

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I saw another member I was following along with get his 2 weeks before the Ford ETA....Then theres me who was 2 days past. You are certainly correct, the site is terrible with ETA
I just communicated with my inventory manager. He says my window is the 8th to the 14th.

Bob1023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition 2015 Mercedes Benz SLS GT AMG Final Edition 2020 Ford Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 2021(?} Ford GT
My car was “Shipped by Convoy” on July 23 and “Delay” on July 24 and has been in that status since as indicated on the Mustang tracking site. My Ford dealer pinged his area representative, but no news. Hard to understand as Flat Rock is about 300 miles from my dealer. I scratch my head and wonder how this happens. The wait continues.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If everything goes right it will be shipped by rail sometime next week, but it could be sooner. There was one member on the list that was in FL and his car was shipped rail the day after it was Shipped from Plant.
When I said that I was going to put the full force of my dealership on ford to stop this nonsense, I meant it. He got the reps involved and it went right up to Flat Rock. All of a sudden, things started moving.

Go figure.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I just communicated with my inventory manager. He says my window is the 8th to the 14th.
That coincides with my 10 day guess! Good luck man, hope its sooner

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
ATTENTION:

This is a head-ups for those with cars at the plant and those waiting for VINs.

The Flat Rock Plant will be closed next week, Aug 3rd to the 7th for its normal summer break and will reopen on Aug 10th.

I don't expect to see any more VINs issued until after the 10th, but that doesn't means I won't be looking.

All the cars that are "In Transit" will still be moving down the track or the road and will continue to be tracked and updated.

I will still be checking all the members VINs daily, just in case any of the cars that have been Released or Received - Awaiting Shipment get shipped out.

Last edited:

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Wish they would hurry up and put those stripes on my car(#3086) and get it ready to ship, otherwise I’m waiting an extra 10 days