pedal commander

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Has any one used this product at the drag strip.My 18 pp1 has a 93 vmp tune also.Hard to get a good reaction time staging at the back of the beams with the car.
Sponsored

george g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt, 2004 gto
The pedal commander does give quicker throttle response,as for the rt try leaving sooner on the tree.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Has any one used this product at the drag strip.My 18 pp1 has a 93 vmp tune also.Hard to get a good reaction time staging at the back of the beams with the car.
You have traction problems with a tuned car? I’d switch to drag radials.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I may be wrong here, but I don't think the Pedal Commander makes your vehicle faster, does it?? I was always under the impression that it makes it seem like your vehicle is faster.
Maybe someone with a Pedal Commander can let us know.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Not a fan of pedal signal boosters which is what they are.

Reaction time? Stage deep. MPH? stage shallow. That's what the veteran racers stressed to me.......that and lots of seat time. I cut 0.000 reaction time once in my 13 GT (bought it 6/2012) stock and on street tire Nitto G1's. Left at 2500 RPM. It was a once in a lifetime feat, but so was my hole in one I got in 1992. Just don't ask me to duplicate either one.

FYI - the other car on the slip was a 13 GT auto (mine a stick) with a tune on it but also otherwise stock.

You can't buy a reaction time. You have to work at it. Likewise you can't buy a scratch golf score......................................you guessed, you have to work at it.

1YtsIZa.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
With a stick you should have no issue with a reaction time.I mash the pedal and it is slow reacting,im very aware of deep staging.The fly by wire is the issue and the pedal commander should help.Just was wondering if anyone has used one.

george g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
The pedal commander will do what you want,I've used it on a hemi ram and it was a big difference in throttle response.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I have one. You can definitely tell a difference in throttle response. I'd say pick up a used one, as they can be rather expensive new. I like mine.

Sponsored

george g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
I just bought one yesterday,if you want to wait the 9 drive's on ebay are the same.The only problem is waiting a month to get it.I couldn't wait so got it from American Muscle.

OP
OP

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Bought the pedal commander and tried at the track.A little adjustment and it did make things better with reaction times.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
It is called tip/in. Your tuner can adjust that btw in the tune. I hate touchy throttle pedals (1/4 push and almost wot) and had my tuner set like stock.