90% of my Cervinis GT500 hood arrived today

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Update : received the vents and rain tray, an hour after the original shipping company called me to tell me they had another package for me that was never picked up. The matte black paint I paid extra for was done about as good as the rest of the paint, so that sucks. Finally done with I suppose.
89583-BBF-68-A6-49-E4-97-A6-A19-C6-E099-EBD.jpg

936118-D9-C87-C-4532-A41-C-51-B75-D51-C881.jpg
Is this similar to the GT500 hood for 18+?
Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
So I was told the missing parts that were allegedly going to be overnighted three weeks ago, would now REALLY be overnighted yesterday. Instead, they shipped today using regular Fedex ground with an ETA of Monday the 29th. So now I get to go through the weekend with a large hole in the hood. Just seems that the better move for customer satisfaction would have been to expedite shipping of a product I was told three weeks ago were going to be on their way; and that’s not even taking into account all the other things that went wrong with the purchase. Good times.
I just experienced this same thing with Cervinis. I ordered a ram air hood on May 3rd. It literally just shipped today but they sent me an email last week saying it shipped, I called the freight company and they told me we don't have any shipments going to your zip code. I was ready to cancel my order.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I never got notice of shipment yesterday as I was told I should so I wonder if something was wrong with it or their just delaying.
I know when it comes to painting whoever is doing it makes a major difference. How many they have doing it I have no idea. For them to tell me they are waiting on quality check and see this story does show they don't have one or someone is just pushing things through. I've heard so many good stories and some bad. You think they'd strive for all good.
My hood, I was told, failed quality control. Took another month to get it shipped which was today even though they told me it shipped last week. WTF is going on at Cervinis. If they don't support their work then they are all but out of business already.
What is even scarier is that my hood is the first one they have done in Grabber Lime. Their CS department told me to inspect it on delivery and if anything looks bad, refuse delivery. I told them I have to meet the truck driver to pick it up since a truck that size cannot drive up to my house. They told me to sign the delivery as pending inspection. It's like they are anticipating a problem.

evh5150vanhalen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My hood, I was told, failed quality control. Took another month to get it shipped which was today even though they told me it shipped last week. WTF is going on at Cervinis. If they don't support their work then they are all but out of business already.
What is even scarier is that my hood is the first one they have done in Grabber Lime. Their CS department told me to inspect it on delivery and if anything looks bad, refuse delivery. I told them I have to meet the truck driver to pick it up since a truck that size cannot drive up to my house. They told me to sign the delivery as pending inspection. It's like they are anticipating a problem.
Signing with pending inspection is a common thing in the transportation industry, it doesn’t mean there’s an issue with the product, it just covers people’s butts incase it was damaged in transit or there’s an imperfection that QC missed.. after all humans aren’t perfect and can miss things. Also just incase the paint might not match perfectly, different batches of paint and how much sunlight your car gets can change things a bit.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Good luck with a true paint match to magnetic j7, there is over 10 variants to that color. I sprayed out all 10 and still wasn't happy. Had to blend the windshield post bumper cover and into the doors to make it match perfectly. Heres a factory ford 500 hood on my 350
20200614_154010.jpg
20200614_153944.jpg
Do you mind if I ask where you sourced the OEM 500 hood? And how does it fit on a 350? I thought the two wouldn't line up.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What I dont understand is how these fail quality control especially non metallic colors. They must have amateurs painting. Then to make you wait another month is crazy.

My hood shipped last Wed. The freight tracking hasnt been updated since Saturday. When I ordered my hood I also ordered side scoops, but used a different card. Those didnt ship so I get told the usual they should ship by Friday.
What really got on my nerves was I asked about them last week via chat. After waiting for 5 minutes I got told me I would get a call to setup a delivery time for the hood, but didnt say a thing about my scoops. So I asked again. 5pm hit and he clearly left leaving me hanging. Couldnt even finish the conversation. I didnt get a reply until Monday.
I'm really crossing my fingers here with mine.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
What I dont understand is how these fail quality control especially non metallic colors. They must have amateurs painting. Then to make you wait another month is crazy.

My hood shipped last Wed. The freight tracking hasnt been updated since Saturday. When I ordered my hood I also ordered side scoops, but used a different card. Those didnt ship so I get told the usual they should ship by Friday.
What really got on my nerves was I asked about them last week via chat. After waiting for 5 minutes I got told me I would get a call to setup a delivery time for the hood, but didnt say a thing about my scoops. So I asked again. 5pm hit and he clearly left leaving me hanging. Couldnt even finish the conversation. I didnt get a reply until Monday.
I'm really crossing my fingers here with mine.
I heard all their painters quit or got fired somehow to collect unemployment since it paid more than what they were making and now they have all new painters. Scary.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I heard all their painters quit or got fired somehow to collect unemployment since it paid more than what they were making and now they have all new painters. Scary.
That doesnt surprise me one bit. My chiropractor has been trying to hire a new massage therapist with a $1,000 sign on bonus and he cant even get anyone because they'd all rather sit home making money.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow,......you better have yourself and a good friend go over that hood with a fine toothed comb before taking delivery!!
Almost like they're shipping them out as is, hoping to get paid BEFORE the complaint/refund comes in.
Good luck and keep us posted!

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Wow,......you better have yourself and a good friend go over that hood with a fine toothed comb before taking delivery!!
Almost like they're shipping them out as is, hoping to get paid BEFORE the complaint/refund comes in.
Good luck and keep us posted!
I want to but I can't do that in a shopping center parking lot very easily.

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Hood is being delivered tomorrow. Will update the thread in case anyone else is contemplating a Cervinis hood. (Assuming the packing isn't completely destroyed by the freight company)

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt 6759
I am looking forward to picking up my hood and when I get finished priming and painting it it will look great on my car .

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well my luck with Cervini continues.
I called the freight company today as I figured its been a week....where is it? The support rep goes, "So you are expecting the package in San Antonio TX?".....uhhhhh no.
Somehow they shipped my hood to someone in TX. So someone else is getting my hood. I was told the manager was notified and I would get a call as soon as they have information from the freight company. Should be by the end of the day. Nope.
Not one sorry, not any sympathy at all from Clinton or Andrew. Just we have your information and we'll contact you. Dont go above and beyond or anything or update me. I've dealt with some bad customer service before, but they sure take the win.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Well my luck with Cervini continues.
I called the freight company today as I figured its been a week....where is it? The support rep goes, "So you are expecting the package in San Antonio TX?".....uhhhhh no.
Somehow they shipped my hood to someone in TX. So someone else is getting my hood. I was told the manager was notified and I would get a call as soon as they have information from the freight company. Should be by the end of the day. Nope.
Not one sorry, not any sympathy at all from Clinton or Andrew. Just we have your information and we'll contact you. Dont go above and beyond or anything or update me. I've dealt with some bad customer service before, but they sure take the win.
Over the course of waiting on my hood they said they would call me back about 4 times, never did. That sucks the hood went to TX. How does that even happen.... Just a few weeks back I ordered shocks and struts from American Muscle, what I got was 1 used front strut with no hardware and 3 rear shocks half missing hardware. The outer box was fine but once I opened it up I saw the Koni boxes were destroyed. I bitched them out and asked them who ships used parts? They even had the RMA from the last person that ordered it still in the box. I will never order from them again. AND they took 20% of my refund as a restocking fee. American Muscle is dead to me.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Over the course of waiting on my hood they said they would call me back about 4 times, never did. That sucks the hood went to TX. How does that even happen.... Just a few weeks back I ordered shocks and struts from American Muscle, what I got was 1 used front strut with no hardware and 3 rear shocks half missing hardware. The outer box was fine but once I opened it up I saw the Koni boxes were destroyed. I bitched them out and asked them who ships used parts? They even had the RMA from the last person that ordered it still in the box. I will never order from them again. AND they took 20% of my refund as a restocking fee. American Muscle is dead to me.
The same thing happened to me from American Muscle with JLT oil separators. I ordered a passengers side and drivers side. Got one all good in a JLT box. Another was shipped in a generic brown box. No parts just the oil separator you can tell it was returned and restocked. They were good enough to instantly send me out a new one but it was so obvious it was infuriating. I tend to use LMR or Lethal Performance only now. LMR for mods and parts and Lethal for engine parts super charger, headers, exhaust etc.
Sponsored