Sponsored

Interesting read

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It's REALLY bad form to NOT post some inkling about the link.

Audi S5 TDI vs. Ford Mustang 55Edition
The sensible way to spend £50k on a coupe takes on the silliest way

geezus you blokes get raped for 1600 pounds sterling for Magneride?

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The Audi isn’t that silly is it?

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Enjoyed that! Interesting to read they mention how long the gears are. Pre facelifts dont have that problem and it really is a consideration for me buying a newer one.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Hilarious. Not only is it an Audi but a diesel, feel sorry for anyone that ends up driving this.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Once again though a car £20k more than the Mustang compared to it. You can have a Mustang and Focus for the price of the S5

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Once again though a car £20k more than the Mustang compared to it. You can have a Mustang and Focus for the price of the S5
If they didn't add the extra £17k worth of options to the S5, price would be about the same as the Mustang tested, or just £4k more expensive, and they could have made a more fair comparison I think.

Had some quotes that made me chuckle though: "In the S5, the infotainment benchmark is Apple IOS; in the Ford, it's a Sega Dreamcast."

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If they didn't add the extra £17k worth of options to the S5, price would be about the same as the Mustang tested, or just £4k more expensive, and they could have made a more fair comparison I think.

Had some quotes that made me chuckle though: "In the S5, the infotainment benchmark is Apple IOS; in the Ford, it's a Sega Dreamcast."
Without options is still £7k cheaper and most of the S5 options are standard on the Mustang.

The Mustang is well behind in interior quality but that is why it is cheaper.

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
You'd be lucky if someone comments on an Audi S5.

People will always have something to say about a mustang. How they may have driven one or it was their fathers dream car or they want to do the route 66 in one etc.

People aren't doing road trips in a S5 diesel.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Basing on RRP yep i agree but some pretty hefty discounts on the new S5, at least 15% off list, i imagine even more. Mustangs generally aren't discounted anywhere near that level. Yes there are some options that will hike the sticker price up to silly amounts but Audi know there are people out there that will spend that on an Audi particularly an RS or S model. I am not so sure Ford can squeeze much more out of customers for a Mustang than they currently do without a major overhaul of the cabin.

Me too mate, i was describing Sync 3 on a BMW forum, i could only come up with a comparison to a Fisher Price activity centre, the Apple to Sega is a much better description!

Without options is still £7k cheaper and most of the S5 options are standard on the Mustang.

The Mustang is well behind in interior quality but that is why it is cheaper.
Agreed, for me the Mustangs interior is decent(ish), its not bad BUT it could be better for not a lot more money IMO.

Anyway its an odd comparison, i know they acknowledge that but why bother? For me the only real competitor to a Mustang is the M2/M2C or perhaps the F82 M4 although that is no more and realistically was way more £££ until they started some hefty discounts on them, i was offered a new black M4Comp with decent options for £52k i recall, maybe 54k, even so it was a shed load of list, 25%ish.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
The Audi will sell tons more than the Mustang. And that's fine by me, keeps them more exclusive.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Probably best to forget list price with cars these days and some manufacturers like bmw do crazy discounting and others like Merc do weird pcp etc.

Would be interesting to see a comparison based on outright cash purchase price, comparison based on pcp monthly price and one based on hp monthly.
Sponsored