Sponsored

What's the funniest/oddest/ignorant comment someone said about your 350?

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I was up north getting ready to hit the mountains. Windows down and I get on the left turning lane but hit the traffic light. Guy on the right, says nice car! He says that has the 350 motor in it?!?

My response: Yup the 350.
Sponsored

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Have not got a look or a comment on my 2019 Magnetic Grey GT350 yet. But I like the stealthy feel of just being a Mustang and blending in. I did have a 2008 Mustang Buillitt (highly modified) that got a few stares and one guy rear ended another car because he was checking it out. Itā€™s one of the reason I got rid of it. Being a former Spec Ops member, I like going unseen.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I spent a decade and a half being the most conspicuous of federal law enforcement employees as a uniformed police officer. It was odd to blend in when I changed jobs and started wearing real clothes again. I think the Shelby gives me a little bit of that standing out from the crowd that I am a little embarrassed to admit that I miss...

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I spent a decade and a half being the most conspicuous of federal law enforcement employees as a uniformed police officer. It was odd to blend in when I changed jobs and started wearing real clothes again. I think the Shelby gives me a little bit of that standing out from the crowd that I am a little embarrassed to admit that I miss...
Well in two years I retire, maybe then Iā€™ll get some stripes.. ;)

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
When I had my 16 and 17 most every ones comment was basically "thats a nice looking mustang" I would then say "yea thinks but this is a Shelby GT 350 mustang" and I could tell they had no clue between the Shelby GT 350 and a standard mustang.

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
I had somebody ask me - "what's that thing get about 4 miles per gallon?" I said actually it's a hybrid and gets 40mpg and they seemingly believed it.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
When I had my 16 and 17 most every ones comment was basically "thats a nice looking mustang" I would then say "yea thinks but this is a Shelby GT 350 mustang" and I could tell they had no clue between the Shelby GT 350 and a standard mustang.
may least they are damn close a Mustang is a Mustang...

Sponsored

adherrera722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adison
Vehicle(s)
17' Shelby GT350
Older man stopped me at a gas station to ask me about it. Told him it was a 350. He said he loved it and wish he kept his 67'. Unfortunately he had to sell his when he got married. He looked me straight in the eyes and said "Keep the car. Dont get married." I was dying. My girlfriend in the passenger seat didn't find it all that amusing. Haha

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™ve only noticed a few looks and thumbs up, the Mrs usually points it out. Iā€™m one of those guys who just wants to blend in as well, thatā€™s one of the reasons I want to pull the stripes.
For me the car is too loud to fire up in my neighborhood early in the morning. I have two newborns in different homes across the street. I donā€™t get the ā€œI want it louder crowdā€ unless itā€™s for performance reasons which I understand really wonā€™t give you much of a gain. To each his own though.
The other day while in the LA area I noticed a black Infinity dogginā€™ me. I turned my head and he was recording me on his phone. I just smiled and sped off. Nothing stupid yet but when it comes up Iā€™ll try and educate instead of make any wise cracks. I really didnā€™t know much about this amazing car until less than a year ago either.
There are plenty of new guys on this forum including myself. I used this forum to help me make a decision before buying. Heck, the first time I drove a GT350 was mine ā€œafterā€ I signed all the paperwork and was headed home.
You guys are a wealth of knowledge and I owe you all a beer. This forum led me to the most exciting car Iā€™ve ever owned.
Thank you, Fred

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
After I bought my car my neighbor stopped by my house one day and asked me how I liked my new Camaro :)

The funny thing is that he is kinda a car guy and both his daily drivers cost over $100K each.