Sponsored

What's the funniest/oddest/ignorant comment someone said about your 350?

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
yesterday on my way back home these 2 dudes in a ram truck pulled up, driver says "wanna go for pink slips?" I cracked up and said "I dont need a truck right now" they both cracked up
Perfect response.
Sponsored

GT 350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350, 2008 Shelby GT/SC convertible
Thank you for clearing that up. It really goes back to my point of about our cars being a Shelby and not a Mustang.

Ford did not use Mustang in its official name when it called it a Ford Shelby GT350. And that says a lot because branding is important.

the original Shelby Cobra was built with a AC body and Shelby added a ford V8 and transmission. This Shelby is built with a Mustang body, but Ford added a different V8 and transmission.

So when entire car lines share major components and systems and different companies share entire cars with different badges, how many changes need to be made before it is a different car?
I've been reading these comment and to be fair, the car is a Shelby GT350, not a Mustang. It's a Mustang platform, yes, but it is called a Shelby GT350.

A Pontiac GTO was never called a Tempest...it was a . . .GTO.

To be fair, anyone call it whatever they like, I call my GT350 just that - a Shelby GT350. As we know, there are no Mustang logos or identification on the car for a reason. It was not an oversight by Ford.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
GT500, GT350, GT390...not Cobras. A Mustang Cobra is a Mustang Cobra. A Mustang Shelby GT350 is a Mustang Shelby GT350. 1993 had a Cobra. 1999 - 2004 had Cobras. GT500 is not "Cobra" despite the Shelby badge. Cobras aren't Shelby moniker cars either.
I had a 98 cobra. Just saying.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I've been reading these comment and to be fair, the car is a Shelby GT350, not a Mustang. It's a Mustang platform, yes, but it is called a Shelby GT350.

A Pontiac GTO was never called a Tempest...it was a . . .GTO.

To be fair, anyone call it whatever they like, I call my GT350 just that - a Shelby GT350. As we know, there are no Mustang logos or identification on the car for a reason. It was not an oversight by Ford.
I would just like to point out fords web site for the Ford MUSTANG GT350...
Screenshot_20190927-040739_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I would just like to point out fords web site for the Ford MUSTANG GT350...
You came over from the Mustang GT forum to bump a 3 year old thread here just to say it should be called a Mustang? Slow morning at the office?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Ford Mustang SHELBY GT350. Read it again and quote it correctly.
My point is even Ford calls it a Mustang. For all those who say it is not a Mustang. Cant just drop Mustang from the name because you want it to be something else. If thats the case then I own a Ford GT. Not a Mustang GT.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
You came over from the Mustang GT forum to bump a 3 year old thread here just to say it should be called a Mustang? Slow morning at the office?
Man sorry to all, it was late I didnt notice date. If I had I wouldn't of posted.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
My point is even Ford calls it a Mustang. For all those who say it is not a Mustang. Cant just drop Mustang from the name because you want it to be something else. If thats the case then I own a Ford GT. Not a Mustang GT.
Who the hell says it isnā€™t a Mustang over here? We all know itā€™s a damn Mustang. Are you making all of this up for a reason? Whatā€™s your point?

Sponsored
OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ford Mustang "Shazam" tree fiddy Voodoo! Say its name so the power flows through you. SAY IT!

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Who the hell says it isnā€™t a Mustang over here? We all know itā€™s a damn Mustang. Are you making all of this up for a reason? Whatā€™s your point?
Look I said I was sorry for bringing up an old thread I didnt notice date. But to address you, did you read it? The thread? The entire thread is about people upset someone called their car a Mustang. Several even said Ford doesn't call it a mustang so they dont.... I was simply pointing out yes Ford does call it a Mustang.

But again lets just leave it be. I really didnt see was a old thread just chimed in cause thought was an interesting debate.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Lately, after asking how much hp, what it revs to, what it'll do in the quarter and/or top speed, I'll get something along the lines of, "the GT500 will blow it away!". Uh, okay. Thanks. Enjoy the ride home in your (insert name of less enjoyable vehicle than the GT350 here)

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
When I had both my 16 and 17 more people than not just assumed it was just a Mustang. I'd say ya but this is a Shelby high performance car. And every kid that had a Charger in town was always wanting me to take it out on a side road and run quarter mile against them. They had no clue what power and what this car is really for.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I was at a gas station last week and a guy walks by my Shelby and says ā€œMustangs, they are a dime a dozenā€,
I said ā€œIgnorance is blissā€ Then he got in his Honda Civic and left!
Sponsored

Last edited: