Sponsored

Need help deciding which procharger

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
All the infighting aside, the answer lies in your current hp/tq target and whether or not you think you might want more down the road.

Most smart people buy with room to grow if they're fairly sure they're gonna just end up needing more down the road, especially if it's not completely detrimental.

Unlike turbos where oversizing has a huge impact on how quickly it will spool, yes, a P1X will yield better results for moderate power levels, but it's not a drastic difference between that and the D1/X. And if he's going to want to build the car and go more later, it's better to spend the few hundo now rather than take the much bigger haircut later trying to sell and buy a new unit.

We've all regretted upgrading something and not going far enough. In this case, I'd argue that unless he plans to upgrade a bunch of OTHER expensive stuff, a P1X will be just fine. However, I also have the philosophy of "buy once cry once" and like most of you reading this, have regretted not saving a little extra to go big (and paid more for it later).

Like I said, it's not like the D1X is going to be hugely detrimental, so he can go bigger with room to grow, only downside is a little bit extra cost (which will be significant savings later if he decides to grow).

Also, running a bigger head unit means he won't have to spin it as hard to get where he wants to go, which can reduce or eliminate the need for 8 or 10 rib setups (which everyone eventually needs when trying to spin a blower to it's max potential with itty bitty pulleys).
Sponsored

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
By exhaust do you mean headers or a catback? already got a borla ATAK but still on stock headers. thanks for reply
Headers and free flowing mid pipe. The catback doesn't really make a difference other than you might pick up a tiny bit going from the stock 2.5" system to an aftermarket 3" system.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
And if you do headers, go with long tubes.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
American racing headers ftw....

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Is there a shorty header for the s550? I haven't seen any, but also haven't looked.
Shorty headers are a waste of money unless you live in a shtty state like california and need to swap your oem mid pipe back on to pass emissions.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Is there a shorty header for the s550? I haven't seen any, but also haven't looked.
Not sure, never looked, assumed there was and going from personal experience I bought them because I already had an Xpipe , so it saved me cash and kinda made sense but in the long run I regretted it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Shorty headers are a waste of money unless you live in a shtty state like california and need to swap your oem mid pipe back on to pass emissions.
Wasn't asking for use on my car, but for a possible set of turbo headers for a project!

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I’d go with the p1x for your needs. I believe a 3in catback does a lot more than 5hp when boosted. I went with Corsa after I blew up the suit case resonator in my stock catback and felt a noticeable difference. I was running catless SP headers with stock catback and after a pull one day the exhaust started making all sorts of weird noises.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I’d go with the p1x for your needs. I believe a 3in catback does a lot more than 5hp when boosted. I went with Corsa after I blew up the suit case resonator in my stock catback and felt a noticeable difference. I was running catless SP headers with stock catback and after a pull one day the exhaust started making all sorts of weird noises.
OP already elected to run a blower thats too large and run it way outside of its efficiency range in hopes of one day fully utilizing it.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
OP already elected to run a blower thats too large and run it way outside of its efficiency range in hopes of one day fully utilizing it.
Lol to be honest I think the d1x puts you right at 750whp on the biggest pulley it comes with. Shoot I put down 702/568 with a d1sc and 91 octane on a 4.88 pulley. Having both the stage 1 and 2 kit with a p1 and d1, I’d say the p1x is perfect for these cars.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah guys i hear you, but the op wants to turn it up later because he knows he’ll want more. Its his choice regardless of your opinions..
Sponsored