Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, I’m just asking a generic question to everyone out there who may have experienced similar thoughts and feelings. Any input would be appreciated.

My 350 has been boosted for about a month now and it has worth every dollar I spent. The issue now is I need more power. It’s almost like an addiction. Without an official dyno run, I’m going off what Procharger says and that’s this kit makes 877 hp at the crank on 91 octane. So maybe 700 to 750 at the wheel. It’s not enough now. For the first week or two, it was. It was everything I had hoped for. But once I spent the time getting 100% used to it, I have quickly become unsatisfied. My question is, how much power did you need to finally become satisfied?
Sponsored

Last edited:

3Cobras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Auto 3.55s
Lol! Love the post.

It's different for everyone. Some people WANT to be scared of their car, literally. So until you almost wreck it due to power, you may always be searching for that faster and faster feeling. You have the bug now. Good luck trying to tame it. lol. Only two things can stop it. No more funds. and/or almost dying from it.

Keep in mind - having a car that actually hooks and sticks ends up being wayyy more fun than a car that it to violent / spins constantly.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, the boost addiction! It's a real thing! Maybe get an aftermarket tune if you are running the canned procharger one. Convert it to e85. Before you go much further though, you should consider building the bottom end of the motor.

OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Both are great answers. I think I may be looking for the type of power that scares a person. I’m thinking that if I can get it to the point where it scares me to put it to the floor, then I will be complete. The question is what numbers, horsepower and torque, does it take to get that? Have either of you driven a 1000 rwhp car?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Both are great answers. I think I may be looking for the type of power that scares a person. I’m thinking that if I can get it to the point where it scares me to put it to the floor, then I will be complete. The question is what numbers, horsepower and torque, does it take to get that? Have either of you driven a 1000 rwhp car?
The '18 GT that I had before my GT350 wasn't quite a 1,000, but it was close. That kind of power is not useable on the street for any practical purpose, but then again we don't drive these cars to be practical. That being said, you will always want more. It's quite a rabbit hole to go down. For how I like to drive my car, I'm pretty happy with something in the 800whp range.

Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
My ‘14 GT500 makes north of 1000rwhp. We both have supercharged stick shift cars, so it’s definitely a handful.
The GT350 5.2 makes power so high in the RPMs that it’s a different feeling with less torque.
What tire do you run?
Who has tuned it?
What fuel?
-J

OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
My ‘14 GT500 makes north of 1000rwhp. We both have supercharged stick shift cars, so it’s definitely a handful.
The GT350 5.2 makes power so high in the RPMs that it’s a different feeling with less torque.
What tire do you run?
Who has tuned it?
What fuel?
-J
I know the power delivery is night and day different on the older 500 but what does 1000 rwhp feel like in general? Oh I am just starting my modification process. I have the stage two P1x complete kit on my gt350 but that’s it. I’m still using the Procharger tune on 91 at 9psi. For it being a 700+ rwhp car, and for it being my first, I was surprised that it only satisfied me for a week or so. It’s fast but i have that feeling that I’m sure some of us have to where we no longer are scared of it but find ourselves a little underwhelmed and ready to upgrade more. I also run 305 nitto 555g2 square.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Just be careful what you wish for as pushing the envelope may have the engine that was designed for much less power go kaboom on you.

OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Talk to the boys at Fat fab...they got some shit for you!
If I had that kind of money, they would be my first and only choice. They do amazing work. Best I have ever seen.

Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I know the power delivery is night and day different on the older 500 but what does 1000 rwhp feel like in general? Oh I am just starting my modification process. I have the stage two P1x complete kit on my gt350 but that’s it. I’m still using the Procharger tune on 91 at 9psi. For it being a 700+ rwhp car, and for it being my first, I was surprised that it only satisfied me for a week or so. It’s fast but i have that feeling that I’m sure some of us have to where we no longer are scared of it but find ourselves a little underwhelmed and ready to upgrade more. I also run 305 nitto 555g2 square.
Don’t worry, once it’s tuned with the stage 2 kit it’ll take a while until you’re used to it.
I’d highly recommend Lund for a remote tuning session at a local shop you trust.
Two opinions:
1) get rid of pump 91 on this car ASAP! 12:1 and boost significantly narrows your margin of safety in the tuning window. And LISTEN TO YOUR TUNER!
2) once you have a custom tune and some good fuel that will actually support some timing, you will be needing a better tire. Keep the standard G2 up front and simply run the G2 drag radial.
Good luck.
-J

OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t worry, once it’s tuned with the stage 2 kit it’ll take a while until you’re used to it.
I’d highly recommend Lund for a remote tuning session at a local shop you trust.
Two opinions:
1) get rid of pump 91 on this car ASAP! 12:1 and boost significantly narrows your margin of safety in the tuning window. And LISTEN TO YOUR TUNER!
2) once you have a custom tune and some good fuel that will actually support some timing, you will be needing a better tire. Keep the standard G2 up front and simply run the G2 drag radial.
Good luck.
-J
Does a Lund tune make a big difference? I plan to tune with Lund, convert to E85, and run Nitto radials in the back. Just takes some time and money.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Does a Lund tune make a big difference? I plan to tune with Lund, convert to E85, and run Nitto radials in the back. Just takes some time and money.
adding a lund e85 tune to your blower is going to make a significant difference. get those opg's done!

OP
OP
Jordanfmeyer

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
adding a lund e85 tune to your blower is going to make a significant difference. get those opg's done!
yes and opg. Can’t make that big power without some insurance.
Sponsored