Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 Mustang Prototype Spied on The Prowl?!

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That’s the problem, if it’s 60k+ I’ll stick with my GT
For me, $60+ is ok, if the right changes are made, but I doubt they will change enough to move it to go above 60. My guess is it will top out around $57-$59 if they add the A10 as an option, otherwise around $55-$57.
Sponsored

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
If this is going to be "the most track focused 5.0 ever" like Ford says, they're definitely going to have to add coolers to it and all the spy shots seem to confirm that. To me it looks like they've either cut holes under the headlights of the stock 18+ bumper and mounted blinkers in there for dot compliance so they can test it on the street, or fabracobbled a late s197 or gt350 front bumper on so that the coolers can get air. No way they could feed coolers that are mounted off to the sides properly with the stock 18+ bumper. My guess is the front bumper will be Mach 1 specific and similar to the 18+ super snake or Saleen with bigger openings under the headlights.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I absolutely love every detail of the above Mach1 rendering, and have ever since it was first posted. Perfect execution combining the S550 design and retro cues. The blue color is great, or maybe a yellow. I could see this as being my retirement vehicle in a few years, if done right. (I would, however, prefer a fade to the side stripe like my 2003 Mach1). They should really consult with Scott Hoag who had so many cool ideas with a limited budget for the 2003-04 version. He even wanted white letter tires and 'Cobra Jet' on the 03-04 but bean counters shot them down.
(Yes, Tony, I have my autographed collector version (118 of 300) of the book 'Engineer+Enthusiast=Excitement, many thanks !!!!!)
Scott ant Tony are both great guys and i worked with them on the 2005 MRT Interceptor project for the 2004 SEMA show. My car is in their book as are some of my own documents as well. I'm looking forwards to Tonys new Bullitt book, and I agree Scott can wring out every dime from whats on the shelf to make the best car possible.He should have been consulted on the new car as well Art Hyde.
The reason for not having white letter tires on the Mach 1 was not beans, but rubber. High speed cars require tires that are capable of the top speed of the car (hence speed limiters on some cars). The additional payers of rubber needed for the sidewall to allow for white lettering retains heat and lowers the tires speed rating. The lettered Mopar 16" tires you saw on Intrepids were only H rated (130 mph), so the cars were governed down to that. The performance rubber you see now is always blackwall to get that V or W?Z rating for the 140 or higher speeds these cars are capable of. The custom tires with lettering you see on some performance rubber is a stick on kit, not factory.
The Cobra Jet emblem questino was killed off so as not to confuse people with the Mach 1 and SVT Cobra and not step on their feet.

Sponsored

mobius1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun ATM
I just hope they have the A10 as an option. I get that the manual is fun, but not all of us want one as a daily driver when we spend an hour in traffic each day. I would have bought a GT350 in a heartbeat were it not for that.

Plus, it doesn't make sense to say this is the quickest, most capable 5.0 ever and then refuse to offer it with the fastest transmissions.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Plus, it doesn't make sense to say this is the quickest, most capable 5.0 ever and then refuse to offer it with the fastest transmissions.
Well a Mt82 with 525 hp will gap the A10's ass. No doubt about it.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to be a dick man, it’s just fact
Never thought you were being a dick. And, I wouldn't quite call it 'fact'. Car isn't out yet haha.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Never thought you were being a dick. And, I wouldn't quite call it 'fact'. Car isn't out yet haha.
Will see, but all u have to do is look at a GT350 for possible gapping of A10’s

On a road course, yes at the drag stripe maybe :rockon: