Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I am hardly more concerned with a CPD office not getting hurt then I am by what thsoe 4 MPD officers did. However, what we were discussing was you lying to push a narrative. A narrative that does not need lies being peddled to be pushed. It is bad enough as it is without people making shit up.
What narrative did I push by wrongly saying they took down a flag? The fact remains they put a politically charged flag up, rather than, another American flag. However, I am sure you were upset when you saw people kneeling or sitting for the flag. I don't think you understand the significance of the American flag and only want a flag that you can get behind. Had it been replaced with a black lives matter too flag I am positive you would have been signing a different tune.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Reading from an objective position, I see two opposing narratives. The "officer got shot" narrative...the "they changed the flag" narrative. Neither seems to be attempting to mislead (Russian and Chinese style) as much as they are trying to emphasize their points, albeit through inadvertently misleading methods.
I can agree that putting the caveat that he was shot in a helmet which stopped the bullet would have been a useful addition in the headline, and would help the situation some. However, adding that the police are removing american flags and replacing them with TBL is another issue. thats not lies by ommission, but intentional deceit through falsification.

However, we are not discussing that video that wasisthis posted that is probably the most disturbing then in this entire thread...that was some serious WTF material.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
To call me disgusting is your right, but its to be expected. It's actually page one out of the liberal playbook, attack anyone who disagrees with you. Honestly, I feel sorry for you.
I was wrong. You are not disgusting, your comment was. You are entitled to your opinion and POV. That said always blaming the other guy, Republican or Democrat gets us nowhere. It’s a good part of the reason we are where we are.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
What narrative did I push by wrongly saying they took down a flag? The fact remains they put a politically charged flag up, rather than, another American flag. However, I am sure you were upset when you saw people kneeling or sitting for the flag. I don't think you understand the significance of the American flag and only want a flag that you can get behind. Had it been replaced with a black lives matter too flag I am positive you would have been signing a different tune.
not really. In fact, about 22 years ago I was suspended and kicked out of high school for a while for not standing for the pledge. that was the year before I joined the military.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
He got nothing. You don't get a medal for a non-wound. Should have gotten out of the way.
That really sucks. Anyway, was sarcasm figured you'd get the joke since the Army is always downgrading achievements unless you're the one writing them.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I can agree that putting the caveat that he was shot in a helmet which stopped the bullet would have been a useful addition in the headline, and would help the situation some. However, adding that the police are removing american flags and replacing them with TBL is another issue. thats not lies by ommission, but intentional deceit through falsification.

However, we are not discussing that video that wasisthis posted that is probably the most disturbing then in this entire thread...that was some serious WTF material.
Not commenting on the flag. However, by my assessment, the cop was not shot. A shot was fired and no one was injured. Not excusing the criminal who fired the shot--whoever it was. Simply saying, the officer was no more shot than my troop was. Maybe he rubbed Buddah's belly that morning on the way out of the house, but he was not shot.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Easier said than done, one of the problems we have is that career politicians tend to say and promise anything and everything to get elected but cater to lobbyists and their big donors to keep the job and to hell with what the people or voters want. This is one of the reason that Trump won, the american public is tired of the career politicians and their lies, He was an outsider who never held an office before, and the fact that he was not Hillary. I know several people who voted for Trump just because it was a vote against Hillary, myself included.

Another issue we have is a lot of people tend to vote on name recognition. They don't pay enough attention to the candidates and come election day they who they recognize because they don't know enough or anything about the other candidates. And in the end the career politician gets re-elected over and over. After several terms these career politicos tend to do what ever they want because they know they will get re-elected anyway and then we end up with a do nothing congress
Agreed.....TERM LIMITS!!!

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That really sucks. Anyway, was sarcasm figured you'd get the joke since the Army is always downgrading achievements unless you're the one writing them.
Doesn't suck. You shouldn't get a medal for catching a bullet in a magazine lodged in your body armor. Takes no special talent for that. Good kid who was decorated for other actions; but that was a non-action.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
You mean like those who sustained concussions and TBI from the Iranian missile simply had headaches?

I had a troop in Iraq who got shot in the chest during a firefight. He had a magazine in his body armor that stopped the round. Never touched him; said it felt like he got kicked in the chest by a mule. We all laughed about it and did not consider him as having been shot. No Purple Heart; no honors. Just a funny story for his grandkids some day. Shot in the magazine...shot in the helmet...shot in the chest...shot in the head...
That may be true in the military, but in the civilian world you are considered shot whether the round penetrates or not and the person who fired said round will be charged with attempted murder.

Just like if you participate in a crime and someone gets shot and killed, you get charged with murder, regardless if you had a gun or not and regardless of who the victim was, even one of the co-defendents and it does matter who fired the round.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That may be true in the military, but in the civilian world you are considered shot whether the round penetrates or not and the person who fired said round will be charged with attempted murder.

Just like if you participate in a crime and someone gets shot and killed, you get charged with murder, regardless if you had a gun or not and regardless of who the victim was, even one of the co-defendents and it does matter who fired the round.
Police officers are not civilians. Civilians are the ones doing the interpreting. Therein lies the rub.

Being charged in a homicide when someone is killed is much different than having a round, or rock, or piece of shrapnel bounce off your helmet.

Given that only 1% of our citizens serve, the disconnect is understandable.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
In this context, the privileges of indifference are, a group of people who are privileged enough that the action for racial equality is, in their eyes, pointless because it only affects others. Obtuse would be thinking you can not be privileged because you are indifferent which isn't the case here now is it?

So then you'd be equally as upset and outspoken had the victim been Hispanic, Euro-American, Asian, Middle eastern, Indian, or any other race as well. I would hope that answer is an easy Y-E-S. After all, the issue is police brutality to the point of death regardless of the person's race,gender, or creed. That is what the protesting should be about. If you are only outraged because it happened to a black person then you are as elitist and privilege minded as those you wag your finger at.

A man.... (man - male human being) plain and simple is dead due to what appears to be excessive force by two overbearing cops who IMHO should have both been fired, charged, and tried years ago on previous occurrences. Additionally those directly involved in allowing these men to remain on the street -- after repeated offenses as cops -- should be also charged and tried for accessory and delinquency in their duties for allowing these men to remain on the streets let alone on the force. Further they should lose ALL benefits including pension. You'll get no crocodile tears from me for these cops or those in charge of that department or any cop who acts in such a manner with a compliant suspect.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
They may not be, but in the eyes of the law, when you take a shot at an officer that is a shot at the rule of law and society in general. But lets say it was just an average Joe who happened to get shot at and the round bounced off his hard hat or the tape measure in his shirt pocket, the law is clear that is attempted murder whether it was a LEO or not.

And I also served probably while you were still in diapers or maybe elementary school. I was in desert storm back in 90-91
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.