Sponsored

Installed Ford Performance Oil Separator / Catch can

maniak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang v6, 1978 Ford Quadravan 4x4, 1992 Ford Explorer, 2000 Civic HX, 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
Did yours come with two brackets? Mine did for some reason.
Mine came with 2 brackets and as far as I can tell they are identical. Mine came from Summit racing a couple weeks ago.

~Mark
Sponsored

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I tried installing the a50a today on my 20 GT/CS. No luck. First my kit did not have ANY brackets. Called Summit and they had Ford Racing send me one. The bracket barely fit. Then I noticed that I had 2 10mm nuts and 1 8mm nut. Supposed to be the other way around. With bracket in place minus 8mm nut I couldn’t even mount the catch can. It is hitting the top of the cam cover. No way to get it on bracket. Did I just get a crappy kit? Should I return and try another? Anyone with a 2020 been successful at install?

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
If you have the slip on style bracket and you've having issues getting it to fit, you need to play around with it to get it positioned correctly as I'm 99% sure the 18+ is the only engine the slip on bracket is designed for. So it's not like you got one for a different engine. With the hard lines, I would even be comfortable running this without a bracket. It's not moving anywhere

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm going to go with a UPR; I think the extra $40 are worth it, and less clutter. And a much larger can too (8oz). Didn't like the crappy fit of the FP, especially on a Bullitt, since it has the intake inlet deeper than regular GTs, and it stresses the lines a lot, and also leaves the unit at an angle. At any rate, you're supposed to install a nut BELOW the bracket, to clear the head. Did you do that, MustangMatty? Maybe you didn't get that 'spacer' nut. Good luck.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
my bracket didnt want to fit on my 19 gt pp1 very well either.. but once i got it into place it had plenty of wiggle room.

it was just trying to get it into place that was the issue, was really tight to fit.

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to go with a UPR; I think the extra $40 are worth it, and less clutter. And a much larger can too (8oz). Didn't like the crappy fit of the FP, especially on a Bullitt, since it has the intake inlet deeper than regular GTs, and it stresses the lines a lot, and also leaves the unit at an angle. At any rate, you're supposed to install a nut BELOW the bracket, to clear the head. Did you do that, MustangMatty? Maybe you didn't get that 'spacer' nut. Good luck.

Yes, I installed the first 8mm and only 8mm nut below the bracket. Had to tweak the bracket just to get it on. Even slightly bent the tab out a little where the canister slips on. Still would not clear the cam cover.
Sponsored