Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R, 96 Viper GTS
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats and welcome from another Race Red R owner, KR291.

Only 104 Race Red Rs made between 2015 and 2018. All without stripes.

Still waiting on 2019 numbers...
Sponsored

OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Congrats and welcome from another Race Red R owner, KR291.

Only 104 Race Red Rs made between 2015 and 2018. All without stripes.

Still waiting on 2019 numbers...
Thank you very much for the welcome and the info! I did not know I was in such rare company. HR686 here. Appreciate the welcome and have a great weekend!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thank you very much for the welcome and the info! I did not know I was in such rare company. HR686 here. Appreciate the welcome and have a great weekend!

Welcome to the GT350/R Shelby Family with your great looking 2017 Race Red R model and personally I have always liked some sort of Red color on any Mustang.

As you are probably already aware OTT stripes were not available when ordering an R model in either Race Red or Ruby Red.

In fact that also applied to any R's ordered in Competition Orange starting for the 2018 MY as OTT stripes for any Competition Orange R's were not available with OTT stripes either.

Ford actually built Competition Orange GT350's for the 2015 MY but did not allow anyone to order an R in that color for 2015 but in 2018 Ford finally relented.

Of the 104 Race Red R's built for the first 4 model years there were 57 cars coming in your color combination and 47 cars coming with a Black roof and as mentioned OTT stripes were not an option for any Race Red or Ruby Red cars.

Of the first 104 R models built in RR 7 of them were sold and shipped up to Canada.

I have attached a picture of my 2017 R that I ordered brand new with a great friend of mine in Pennsylvania wanting it real bad once he saw if therefore I let it go to him and this is a picture of him loading it up in his trailer which by the way HR019 matched his Ruby Red F350 and of course he loves driving it in the back roads of Pennsylvania.

Lastly, when I looked at the pictures that you posted of your R model I could not see a navigation globe on the rear roof of your car but maybe may have just missed it.

Does your R model have the Electronics Package or is it one of the very few Race Red Base R models that come with ~15 delete items?

:like:
HR019 - Trailered.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Congrats! Beautiful car.

OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Welcome to the GT350/R Shelby Family with your great looking 2017 Race Red R model and personally I have always liked some sort of Red color on any Mustang.

As you are probably already aware OTT stripes were not available when ordering an R model in either Race Red or Ruby Red.

In fact that also applied to any R's ordered in Competition Orange starting for the 2018 MY as OTT stripes for any Competition Orange R's were not available with OTT stripes either.

Ford actually built Competition Orange GT350's for the 2015 MY but did not allow anyone to order an R in that color for 2015 but in 2018 Ford finally relented.

Of the 104 Race Red R's built for the first 4 model years there were 57 cars coming in your color combination and 47 cars coming with a Black roof and as mentioned OTT stripes were not an option for any Race Red or Ruby Red cars.

Of the first 104 R models built in RR 7 of them were sold and shipped up to Canada.

I have attached a picture of my 2017 R that I ordered brand new with a great friend of mine in Pennsylvania wanting it real bad once he saw if therefore I let it go to him and this is a picture of him loading it up in his trailer which by the way HR019 matched his Ruby Red F350 and of course he loves driving it in the back roads of Pennsylvania.

Lastly, when I looked at the pictures that you posted of your R model I could not see a navigation globe on the rear roof of your car but maybe may have just missed it.

Does your R model have the Electronics Package or is it one of the very few Race Red Base R models that come with ~15 delete items?

HR019 - Trailered.jpg
Hello,
Thank you so much for the gracious welcome and the wealth of information regarding the Race Red R's. A previous comment provided the total amount, but having the breakdown of red/black roofs ect. is some fun knowledge to have!

Ruby Red sure give Race Red a run for its money! Beautiful car!

Mine does indeed have the electronics package and must have been just the right camera angle to hide the dome. As much as the delete sounds interesting due to how rare they are, I couldn't go a day with out my AC and some good tunes. I have fond myself listening to the music of the motor more than the radio though! Ha!

Thank you again for the great information and have a great weekend!

Sponsored

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Now, either wrap or paint the roof black or put some stripes on it, lol
Don't change a thing! And by the way welcome! These cars are awesome, personally the black roof is not my first choice and I would not have spec'd it if I placed a factory order. I'm getting to like it, but whenever I see someone wrap their roof black it never looks right.

That all red look is really amazing and of course the red stitching inside sets it all off beautifully. I recommend if not already done the upgrade suede shifter, arm rest and parking brake in matching red stitching. Of course the shift knob is personal preference but I really like how mine turned out:

IMG_2484.jpeg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hello,
Thank you so much for the gracious welcome and the wealth of information regarding the Race Red R's. A previous comment provided the total amount, but having the breakdown of red/black roofs ect. is some fun knowledge to have!

Ruby Red sure give Race Red a run for its money! Beautiful car!

Mine does indeed have the electronics package and must have been just the right camera angle to hide the dome. As much as the delete sounds interesting due to how rare they are, I couldn't go a day with out my AC and some good tunes. I have fond myself listening to the music of the motor more than the radio though! Ha!

Thank you again for the great information and have a great weekend!
Being an old guy and coming up through the ranks of the Muscle Car era I relate to radio, AC delete and many other delete items when it comes to HP Mustangs and if I could have would have ordered my 2020 HEP R without a radio or AC I would have (only option that I ordered on this car was a car cover) but unfortunately those and many other items are now mandated by Ford as standard equipment on Mustang including the backup camera.

Like you listening to these high strung and exotic FPC engines is all of the music that I need to hear especially when I drive my R in Track Mode which is pretty much all of the time.

Once the smoke all clears I suggest that the FRAP will have built ~3,500 R models over the 6 model years with the 2017 MY having 942 R's built and that number includes some of pre-production cars.

Have fun and if you haven't already taken your R up to the 8,250 Redline in Track Mode it is something to behold and a feeling and aural experience that very vehicles can achieve!

Sponsored
OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Don't change a thing! And by the way welcome! These cars are awesome, personally the black roof is not my first choice and I would not have spec'd it if I placed a factory order. I'm getting to like it, but whenever I see someone wrap their roof black it never looks right.

That all red look is really amazing and of course the red stitching inside sets it all off beautifully. I recommend if not already done the upgrade suede shifter, arm rest and parking brake in matching red stitching. Of course the shift knob is personal preference but I really like how mine turned out:

IMG_2484.jpeg
Wow! The upgrades to the interior look great! I will have to do some searching for those suede bits. The arm rest would feel a lot better on my elbow! Ha! Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Much appreciated!

OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Being an old guy and coming up through the ranks of the Muscle Car era I relate to radio, AC delete and many other delete items when it comes to HP Mustangs and if I could have would have ordered my 2020 HEP R without a radio or AC I would have (only option that I ordered on this car was a car cover) but unfortunately those and many other items are now mandated by Ford as standard equipment on Mustang including the backup camera.

Like you listening to these high strung and exotic FPC engines is all of the music that I need to hear especially when I drive my R in Track Mode which is pretty much all of the time.

Once the smoke all clears I suggest that the FRAP will have built ~3,500 R models over the 6 model years with the 2017 MY having 942 R's built and that number includes some of pre-production cars.

Have fun and if you haven't already taken your R up to the 8,250 Redline in Track Mode it is something to behold and a feeling and aural experience that very vehicles can achieve!

Now that the car has surpassed the 1,000 mile break in I can do just that! Ha!

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405

Actually, Rs were not available in Competition Orange, which was a '15/16 only color. Orange Fury was available on the R in '18, but, as you stated, no stripe only.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Actually, Rs were not available in Competition Orange, which was a '15/16 only color. Orange Fury was available on the R in '18, but, as you stated, no stripe only.
Good catch and I stand corrected that the correct paint color of Orange for 2018 was Orange Fury and not Competition Orange.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Once Ford did away with the Competition Orange GT350 cars at the end of the 2016 model year and had no Orange cars for 2017 they then decided to introduced 2 new Blue paint colors for 2017 namely Lightning Blue and Grabber Blue and of course Grabber Blue paint was a 1 year only color.

Of the ~3,500 R models that will have been produced over the 6 model years only 27 R models in total will have been painted in Grabber Blue with only 3 of those cars being Base R models.

A very rare sight to see a GB R model out in the streets!

:sunglasses:
Sponsored