Excited to join the Shelby family with my GT350R

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I picked up this new to me 2017 GT350R a couple weeks ago. Just a tick over 1,000 miles I look forward to putting on many more! So far the experience has been nothing short of amazing. It really checks all the boxes for me. I have gone to the garage just to fire up and hear that cold start no less than a dozen times. Intoxicating sound! My last few toys have shifted on their own. Rowing the gears was missed more than I ever thought it would be. Happy to be a part of the Shelby club of great enthusiasts!
IMG_3998.jpg
IMG-4002.jpg
Sponsored

KENS550TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 350 / '22 Bronco
Viper. Congrats and welcome!!! Picked up my '19 back in March and yes I have on many occasions went to the garage just to make sure I'm not dreaming. The car looks amazing, great color choice. We just need to get you some white strips!!! Lot of great people on this forum. Any questions just ask everyone is glad to help!!!

OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Viper. Congrats and welcome!!! Picked up my '19 back in March and yes I have on many occasions went to the garage just to make sure I'm not dreaming. The car looks amazing, great color choice. We just need to get you some white strips!!! Lot of great people on this forum. Any questions just ask everyone is glad to help!!!
Thanks for the welcoming message! The white stripes look great against the red! Adding to potential mod list! Thanks again!

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I bought my 18 GT350 back in November and I have owned tons of sports cars but never a Mustang. I can tell you this car is very special. I never get tired driving it because nothing sounds this good or is as fun to drive while still being very practical.

OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I bought my 18 GT350 back in November and I have owned tons of sports cars but never a Mustang. I can tell you this car is very special. I never get tired driving it because nothing sounds this good or is as fun to drive while still being very practical.
I had a Ferrari 355 and I have to say I like the sound of this a little better. It has a little deeper tone to it which appeals to me. Plus I don't have to hold my breath as much every time I fire it up hoping nothing is going to break! Haha!

Sponsored

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Excellent score! Congratulations on landing one of the best sports cars ever made. You got a beauty. Shelby ownership is something special.

OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Excellent score! Congratulations on landing one of the best sports cars ever made. You got a beauty. Shelby ownership is something special.
Thank you! Been surfing the forum for a week now and looks like a great group of people!!

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful and one of the IMHO one of the greatest cars ever made. Soon manual N/A cars like this will be gone. Strong move. I was talking to a friend about this the other day. If you watch literally any video about a GT350 or read any article they are always rave reviews and high praise. A lot of folks who drove them when they first came out for press reviews "had to have one". That is rare in this day in age for a car to consistently receive such high marks with so much competition. It's truly a special vehicle.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Congrats Viper and welcome to the club.:sunglasses:

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Very nice. All these folks picking up super low mileage examples make me think I should've shopped a little harder before going new. Depreciation buys a ton of preventative maintenance, tires, and mods, not that it needs them.

Also, red stripe delete R might be my new leader in the clubhouse for color combo. Very sharp.

How are you liking the resonator-free exhaust? Okay for long jaunts?

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Very nice. All these folks picking up super low mileage examples make me think I should've shopped a little harder before going new. Depreciation buys a ton of preventative maintenance, tires, and mods, not that it needs them.

Also, red stripe delete R might be my new leader in the clubhouse for color combo. Very sharp.

With exhaust mode in normal, it's just fine for long road trips.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Congrats, welcome to the forum. Great car, you will really enjoy the driving experience.

OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful and one of the IMHO one of the greatest cars ever made. Soon manual N/A cars like this will be gone. Strong move. I was talking to a friend about this the other day. If you watch literally any video about a GT350 or read any article they are always rave reviews and high praise. A lot of folks who drove them when they first came out for press reviews "had to have one". That is rare in this day in age for a car to consistently receive such high marks with so much competition. It's truly a special vehicle.
Thank you for the welcome and insight into the car. So far it has exceeded all my expectations! Really like the blue with white stripes in you! Classic combination!

OP
OP
viper11511

viper11511

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Thank you!! I must say the red on this car is pretty striking! Hard to ever beat Blue though!! No long jaunts so far so really can't provide feedback on that. I tend to enjoy loud music and loud cars so shouldn't be an issue, to me at least. Ha!
Sponsored