Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Appreciate the input . I've just been getting so many mixed reviews . The videos I've watched I've seen a difference for sure. I think I may still go through with it and give it a shot
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the input . I've just been getting so many mixed reviews . The videos I've watched I've seen a difference for sure. I think I may still go through with it and give it a shot
No problem. For me I went stock headers / stock cats / h-pipe / muffler delete ( but still utilizing the stock mufflers ;) see my thread in the DIY section ). Has that very deep bassy 60's sound now, like rattle windows type of thing, and loud AF but none of that tingy/raspy bs.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This is one of many videos I've seen . I notice a big difference. Much clearer sound wirh the high flow cats . Bit louder and sound nastier. Meaner and more aggressive .

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
One can't compare a 20 year old truck with restrictive AF cats and a magnum V8 to a coyote.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The results seem the same with every single video . They all get a bit louder and clearer , nastier sound .

Watch this video at 1:05 stock and 2:45 high flow .

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

InvertedRain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Vehicle(s)
n/a
They aren't inherently louder on any car. Yes it is slightly because of the increased volume being pushed through but you still have the stock headers. Now, if you change the stock headers or yet further going for a cat delete (some cars our downright obnoxious on such a setup - imo). Then you're looking at some serious noise because of increase of flow throughout. I personally like the cats changed that are adjustable for noise volume (cold start mornings - rather spare family and neighbors).

One thing though that puts me on the fence to go further is changing the headers with an aftermarket air-intake will yield performance gains with a tune that are noticeable and relatively safe on the engine over any other modification I've ever heard of.

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Did you try the high flow cats? I’ve got the MBRP Race on my 19 and I agree it sounds good at times but a bit more volume and more bass (a hefty amount imo) would definitely sound better.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes I installed 50 cell cats . And I have a custom x pipe on my mbrp race . Noticeable amount more volume and bass for sure. But also more rasp depends the rpm range . It growls . Very happy with it

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yes I installed 50 cell cats . And I have a custom x pipe on my mbrp race . Noticeable amount more volume and bass for sure. But also more rasp depends the rpm range . It growls . Very happy with it
Was the cat custom/something you rigged up, or you purchased them?

I’m trying to get some high flow cats on my system too.

I’ve seen the videos on YouTube where guys go the full cat delete plus long tube headers on like a Corsa and it’s just too loud. Is it up there in volume?

I was looking for more volume but to retain the deep tone of the MBRP at idle. Like an old school thump.

You have sound clips?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you keep the h pipe is will sound the exact same just with a little more volume. When its warm its not overbearing. Just the right amount of more volume. I'm very glad I did it . I'd say it made the exhaust about 25-30% louder . Still jas it's very deep bassy growl . However I also custom rigged an x pipe . So its more raspy then the H. If you keep your h pipe and the high flow cats it sounds like this is exactly what u want .

The cats I had made for me custom feom a place in china . 50 cell 8" length, 2.5 " inlet/outlet .
Screenshot_20200412-175404_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200412-175822_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Those are the cats I installed vs the stock after cut off . The drone however , the loud bassy drone got quite a bit louder even with the x pipe . Apparently h pipes are even more bassy . Man , I'd say it's the nest option for more volume without spending the tonnes for longtubes . The spacers/ defoulers I got have keep cel off . Never had a problem

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
If you simply want volume, try taking off your mufflers and driving around to see how that sounds. If you like it, buy a muffler delete kit. Cheap and easy option. Just throwing out an idea.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If you simply want volume, try taking off your mufflers and driving around to see how that sounds. If you like it, buy a muffler delete kit. Cheap and easy option. Just throwing out an idea.
So much drone though if doing that.
Sponsored