Sponsored

New/Late 2019 GT350 owners Now what? Sharing MY'19 observations, break in, and mods topics

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I am bummed to say the least.

I have had so many issues with my car, a total of 7 warranty claims plus the car being damaged in transit, that the ownership experience has been less than enjoyable. Four separate trips for different warranty issues which usually lasted 3 to 5 days each.

I had issues with my 2016, minor at best, and none with my 2018 so I was hopeful that my luck would continue with my 2019, but it did not.

Hoping that the damage from the accident is fixed correctly and my luck changes going forward!

Thanks for the compliment regarding my 2016, I tried to keep it clean.

I am going to take the leap and order the white overlay. I agree, it will enhance the white stripes.

I attached a photo of my car with the vinyl white letters installed on the spitter as well as a photo of the car after several hours of the "Les" detailing method.

IMG_E2245.JPG
IMG_6229.jpg
I'm close to picking up a 2019.
What were the warranty claims you had?
Thanks.
Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
I'm close to picking up a 2019.
What were the warranty claims you had?
Thanks.
it has been a while since I took delivery so hopefully I remember all of them.

- The emblem on the front grill was cracked and had permanent dark spots which could not be removed.
- The large hood stripe had several large dimples in the vinyl which were very noticeable.
- The air intake tube looked like someone had scrubbed it with an SOS pad.
- The adhesive on the front fender vents had failed and the vents were noticeably loose. An attempt to apply additional adhesive strips to the passenger side was made at some point prior to the car being delivered to the dealer.
- The large piece of the carbon fiber dash had a very noticeable nick above the glove compartment. Ford had to send this part twice before it was replaced.
- The carpet located in the rear passenger footwell is very loose and actually has several large creases.
- The rear appliqué, the black plastic part located between the taillights, was cracked in the area around the GT350 emblem. The part was on backorder and took 3 weeks to become available. The part had to be sent three (3) times due to pre-existing damage which was discovered when the part was inspected upon arrival at the dealership.

Lucky for me the service technician was relentless at getting Ford to replace all of the parts. The technician had to fight with Ford more than once to get some of the parts replaced.

There are the usual “fit” issues with the hood and fenders but those are minor compared to the other issues.

The car has spent way too much time getting fixed which is frustrating since it was delivered 14 weeks late and the weather so far this fall in NY has been tremendous and I can’t enjoy the car before it gets shuttered for the winter.

if you grab a ‘19 find out if it sat in Flat Rock during the steering wheel and shifter mechanism fiascos. If it did you need to really look it over to make sure there are no major issues.

Good luck!

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350Âź
I put the Ford Performance Oil-Air separators on the day I brought it home. Checked them prior to the first oil change at 1650 miles. There was more oil in the passenger side can than I would have thought. Extracted it with paper towels but couldn't get any type of measurement. The driver's side can was dry.

My car is now at 3650 miles, 2000 miles on the new oil, and I decided to check both sides again. The passenger side did not disappoint and had oil in it again. The driver's side was dry. This time I was more prepared and had a cooking syringe to suck out the oil. According to Google, 30ml is about one ounce of oil, so I'm glad I didn't run this through my intake system. I'm going to check it again at 5650 miles to see if the quantity varies as the oil gets older.

IMG_3826.jpg
I have ordered a syringe off of Amazon for this purpose also. I installed the separators a bit late so I haven’t checked them yet.

Did you do the oil change at a dealership? Did they say anything about the separators? I know it’s sold by Ford Performance so they won’t deny any warranty claims because you had these installed right?

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
it has been a while since I took delivery so hopefully I remember all of them.

- The emblem on the front grill was cracked and had permanent dark spots which could not be removed.
- The large hood stripe had several large dimples in the vinyl which were very noticeable.
- The air intake tube looked like someone had scrubbed it with an SOS pad.
- The adhesive on the front fender vents had failed and the vents were noticeably loose. An attempt to apply additional adhesive strips to the passenger side was made at some point prior to the car being delivered to the dealer.
- The large piece of the carbon fiber dash had a very noticeable nick above the glove compartment. Ford had to send this part twice before it was replaced.
- The carpet located in the rear passenger footwell is very loose and actually has several large creases.
- The rear appliqué, the black plastic part located between the taillights, was cracked in the area around the GT350 emblem. The part was on backorder and took 3 weeks to become available. The part had to be sent three (3) times due to pre-existing damage which was discovered when the part was inspected upon arrival at the dealership.

Lucky for me the service technician was relentless at getting Ford to replace all of the parts. The technician had to fight with Ford more than once to get some of the parts replaced.

There are the usual “fit” issues with the hood and fenders but those are minor compared to the other issues.

The car has spent way too much time getting fixed which is frustrating since it was delivered 14 weeks late and the weather so far this fall in NY has been tremendous and I can’t enjoy the car before it gets shuttered for the winter.

if you grab a ‘19 find out if it sat in Flat Rock during the steering wheel and shifter mechanism fiascos. If it did you need to really look it over to make sure there are no major issues.

Good luck!
You went through a lot.
I hope you have great luck from now on. I'm glad mechanically your Shelby is doing good.
Thanks for the update.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Did you do the oil change at a dealership? Did they say anything about the separators? I know it’s sold by Ford Performance so they won’t deny any warranty claims because you had these installed right?
Yes, I used the dealership to spend some of those Reward $$$ on my FordPass. Not a word said - it would shock me if they did considering the Ford logo on the top of each one. I got my syringe from Amazon - (2) for $8 I think...

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
My buddy uses a turkey baster to test e85 on his heavily modded 99 cobra lmfao

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I ordered the emblem overlays from zimcraft. Did not match the car color. (Performance Blue).They sent another color but stil didnt match (to my liking). They refunded my money. Great people to deal with though and would do so in the future.
20190916_155845.jpg
I want to do this too, but now that the Heritage edition has blue badges, I wonder if it looks like I am trying to pretend it's that

...in the same way some people buy the R look rims, rear spoiler, and do red pinstripes and do badges red....I doubt it is, by chance (?) :crazy:

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I want to do this too, but now that the Heritage edition has blue badges, I wonder if it looks like I am trying to pretend it's that

...in the same way some people buy the R look rims, rear spoiler, and do red pinstripes and do badges red....I doubt it is, by chance (?) :crazy:
You could go with white overlays - it would really pick up the color of your stripes. And it makes the emblem on the rear lid really stand out.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-your-gt350-today.39940/page-413#post-2629296

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I did go with the white overlay myself. And added a snake under the hood as well.
20200206_161503.jpg
20200206_161519.jpg
20200206_161538.jpg
That snake under the hood is sweet. Where did you get it ?

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
That snake under the hood is sweet. Where did you get it ?
I actually made that up. I purchased a passenger side puddle lamp from a dealer. Fabricated a bracket and mounted it behind and below the strut tower brace. It is also wired to a motion sensor so when at a car show it will come on for 1 minute when it detects motion. It is wired to a Small on off switch to activate it.
Puddle lamp was about 50 bucks.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I actually made that up. I purchased a passenger side puddle lamp from a dealer. Fabricated a bracket and mounted it behind and below the strut tower brace. It is also wired to a motion sensor so when at a car show it will come on for 1 minute when it detects motion. It is wired to a Small on off switch to activate it.
Puddle lamp was about 50 bucks.
Damn!!!! You went all out !!
I was wondering how you had gotten a decal to look so good and stick to the material under the hood.
Nice job !!!

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Didnt take all that long to make. This is first run, will see how it works.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Question: Are all the chin splitter/ under front bumper part the same from 2015 to 2020 (non R)? I know there was a few little changes to how much air the grille let in, but under that, are the ALL the same?

And are ALL the factory car covers for GT350 the same 2015-2020 (non R) ? Or was there any tweaks to the cover for the bigger 2019 tail spoiler?

thx!