New/Late 2019 GT350 owners Now what? Sharing MY'19 observations, break in, and mods topics

Discussion in 'Shelby GT350 Mustang' started by mrbillwot, Sep 19, 2019.

1. mrbillwot

mrbillwot Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle(s):
    MY19 GT350, 89 LX5.0Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
    Engineer
    0   0   0
    Since model year 2019 (MY'19) GT350 deliveries dragged on so long some of us have fairly low miles and are just forming opinions & observations. Even the early recipients of theirs have barely had more than a season+ with them. The MY'19 has some changes (i.e. handling pkg & tires) that are unique to 2019s so there's less anecdotal info to draw from. For that reason I figured this a good follow on thread to the Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R that served us well but is getting quiet.

Probably most have done some form of paint treatment or detailing if not PPF &/or Ceramic coatings. And many of us have plans for or have executed changes that might be interesting to hear. Some of this might be redundant with older threads but I'm posting this as a new MY'19 owner who's order just came in and have enjoyed sharing predelivery & post delivery conversations with others in the same boat.

So, when I have my next chance (of course work has become heavy as warm enough driving & wrenching days dwindle) I will post some of what I've done and what I plan. Links & part numbers/sources are always better shared than not.
    Cheers.
    Bill

Alain, RJay, nodonut and 2 others like this.
  2. Yerfdog13

Yerfdog13 Member

First Name:
    Damon
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Performance Blue GT350 K0164
    0   0   0
    #2 Yerfdog13, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Well I took delivery of chassis K0164 on May 18, 2019. So far I have logged 1100 miles and gotten the first oil change at 1000.

I had PPF put on the front of the car, and 5 coats of Ceramic Pro over the entire car. Absolutely worth the money IMO, as the car is by far the easiest of any car I have ever owned to keep clean.

No major mods at this point. I installed Redline hoodstruts, Lloyd GT350 floor mats, white vinyl letters in front chin spoiler, and those foam rock blockers. I will say the rock blockers or some kind of rock guards are a must. I also have installed JLT passenger side oil catch can and an Airraid filter.

I was in the market for a solid year and a half before I finally pulled the trigger on this car. It has exceeded my expectations.

Damon

RJay and mrbillwot like this.
  3. proeagles

proeagles Active Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
    0   0   0
    My front chin spoiler came undone from the bumper yesterday at about 85 mph and made a horrific grinding sound. Took me a second to realize what had happened. Fortunately it was near my home and I was able to get it close where I could tape it up enough to get into the garage. I removed it and took the car to my dealer where their initial assessment was that I had hit something. I knew that I hadn't and we had a very frank discussion at which time they agreed to put on a new spoiler at no expense to me. The car was 3 days old with 150 miles on it. It didn't appear to be installed correctly with all the fasteners.

RJay likes this.
  4. JAJ

JAJ Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT350 Track Pack
    0   0   0
    Wow - it's amazing that that's still happening. It was fairly common in 2016 when the GT350/GT350R first came out. The dealership PDI techs didn't have the training on the GT350 and they'd just snap the splitter into place but not bother with the dozen or so screws that come with it, assuming that it was strong enough without them. It wasn't. At about 100MPH the splitter would detach, as yours did. My 2016 was delivered that way, but I had read about it so I took it back to the dealer and they found the bag of screws and attached it properly.

RJay likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    mrbillwot

mrbillwot Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bill
    Vehicle(s):
    MY19 GT350, 89 LX5.0Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
    Engineer
    0   0   0
    I have my spare splitter stored up in the joists once I'm done beating this one up on my sidewalk apron arch. I even bough the low range torque wrench I see them using in the Ford training video. A lift or at least a quick jack must be a really nice thing to have (note to self)

6. sox3

sox3 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    George
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
    Unemployed
    0   0   0
    K0215 arrived on April 24th and was only held up 2 weeks for steering wheel strike. I was lucky compared to many others this year. Dealer had to replace exhaust system as the left valve would not work. They did throw in a free service for the inconveinence.
    Since then car has been great and now at 1600 miles.
    I installed ford performance separators on both sides. Vinyl letters on front splitter, Painted coil covers, cover for coolant tank, PPF on rear quarters in front of wheels, much needed. A pair of rock blockers as well. Custom bracket to mount radar detector and one for dash cam too. Added an ID plate on the radiator support. 20190829_145108.jpg

RJay, nodonut and Voodoo Velocity like this.
  7. nordique14

nordique14 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
    0   0   0
    Nice! A blue AirRaid/FP air filter would look great with the rest of the blue in the engine bay.

nodonut likes this.
  8. nodonut

nodonut Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jesse
    Vehicle(s):
    1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
    0   0   0
    Where did you get the VIN plate for the radiator support bracket? Thats very cool!

9. sox3

sox3 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    George
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
    Unemployed
    0   0   0
    The blue Air filter is coming soon. The custom plate is from Anchor-room.com. good people and prices

nodonut likes this.
  10. Justtoph

Justtoph Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle(s):
    2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
    0   0   0
    Anyone changing there tires?

RJay likes this.
  11. dpAtlanta

dpAtlanta Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
    0   0   0
    I discovered a REALLY strange thing in my '19.
    I developd a very very low hum that was louder than my exhaust, and louder than my radio while the car was at idle, and only at idle. You could not have a conversation with the person next to you. Once you pressed the gas pedal with even the slightest pressure, it instantly went away.
    This started just a few days ago.
    I had my resonators removed about 1 1/2 weeks ago.
    I found the cause... but before I give the fix, Any Guesses?
    ***Hint*** it took no special tools and cost no money.
    Put on your Shelby Forensic Hat and ask questions or make a guess.

12. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT350
    0   0   0
    K1393 arrived 07/26 after 11 grueling weeks of delays. She currently has 2750 miles after about 9 weeks of ownership. Oil was changed at 1600 miles and Ford Rewards paid for it (FordPass). LOVE this car!!!

Things I've Done:
    Things I'll Do:
    What I Should Have Done:
    • PPF from the A-pillars forward and the rear quarter impact zones - lesson learned - bear the wrath of the wife and just make it happen!

IMG_3694.jpg

J-Stang and rhino20 like this.
  13. enthusiastic9

enthusiastic9 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
    0   0   0
    You stopped humming?

MHdude and RJay like this.
  14. slikk66

slikk66 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
    0   0   0
    1800 miles here, delivered may 8th. I have a stripe that needs a reapply and a buzzing speaker but other than that no issues and I love it planning to get both addressed soon on first service oil change service.

15. lightrules

lightrules Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    See Avatar
    0   0   0
    So happy for you 2019 owners. These are such special cars. Truly nothing like the Shelby GT350 in the whole world.

In the words of Scotty Kilmer..."Rev up your engines!" :clap:

RJay and J-Stang like this.
  16. dpAtlanta

dpAtlanta Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
    0   0   0
    I had both back seats unlatched in the folded down position and the cabin found its natural frequency... and it is REALLY annoying.
    Solution: Change the frequency by changing the mass of the system boundaries... drop only one seat or keep both seats up and latched.
    It took 30 years to actually use the annoying Vibrations class.
    This has been the only down side of the resonator delete method I chose... so far.

17. Dan206

Dan206 Active Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT350 (ordered), 2016 Corvette Z51, 1962 VW
    0   0   0
    I had the Power Stop Z26 Carbon-Ceramic pads installed. I'm very happy with them. Normal driving I don't notice any difference in stopping power. I won't be tracking the car so no worries there.
    I've taken the car out 4 times and no dust. Stock pads required a wash job after each drive.

RJay and J-Stang like this.
  18. slikk66

slikk66 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
    0   0   0
    I've been thinking about getting one of the resonator delete xpipes. I think the car sounds amazing already, but seems like most threads about the delete say "it sounded great, so I was hesitant but now it sounds better" so I think I should just get on with it :)

19. nastang87xx

nastang87xx Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT350 Track Pack
    0   0   0
    Every time you say "break in" on the GT350 forum, you cock block one of our fellow brothers somewhere some how in this beautiful world. So don't say break in ever again.

Less than 1000 miles on the clock:

Vettel-ish and Dan206 like this.
  20. Dan206

Dan206 Active Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT350 (ordered), 2016 Corvette Z51, 1962 VW
    0   0   0
    I got #564 (Velocity Blue) on June 12th. It has 1700 miles now. First oil change at 1000.
    Changed out tires and wheels first thing. Apex wheels, race silver, 19x11 square setup. Michelin Pilot Super Sports 305/35. Couldn't get those stock tires off fast enough - rock flingers!
    Benchmark Auto Salon in Lynnwood WA did paint correction and I now have no orange peel. STEK Dynoshield clear paint protection on the nose and rockers and just behind the rear wheels. Then XPEL Fusion ceramic coating to whole car. LOOKS GREAT!
    I got the car without stripes as I wanted white with no pinstripe and I didn't want the stripes on the lower chin area. Benchmark applied those.
    I also had them install rocker stripes. Got them from Bemaro Specialty Films.
    MGW short throw shifter was installed next, and I LOVE it.
    I had PowerStop Z26 Carbon Ceramic brake pads installed, hoping to eliminate ridicules amount of brake dust from stock pads. Two thumbs up so far!
    b 850_5056 30x20 bluer sky b.jpg

J-Stang and RJay like this.