Sponsored

New/Late 2019 GT350 owners Now what? Sharing MY'19 observations, break in, and mods topics

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
George,

Thanks so much for the reply and the photos.

My 19MY is also Ford Performance Blue so your photos are even more relevant.

Did you ever consider trying the overlays in white?

Thanks again,

Chris

No. I had not considered white. May experiment with that.
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Don't bother with the drivers side. You will find little or no oil on the drivers side. A waste of money. The way the engine breathe the heavy lifting is done be the passenger side separator.
Took your advice ! Cancelled the driver’s side catch can. Going to put the money towards paint protection film.

OP
OP
mrbillwot

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I had both back seats unlatched in the folded down position and the cabin found its natural frequency... and it is REALLY annoying.
Solution: Change the frequency by changing the mass of the system boundaries... drop only one seat or keep both seats up and latched.
It took 30 years to actually use the annoying Vibrations class.
This has been the only down side of the resonator delete method I chose... so far.
Damn...I didn't see the quiz in time but I knew the answer - want to guess howl I know? ;-)

OP
OP
mrbillwot

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Took your advice ! Cancelled the driver’s side catch can. Going to put the money towards paint protection film.
This was why I ordered & finally installed, this weekend @160mi, the drivers side as well (skip to 5 minutes in street driven car in 3 months accumulation on drivers side - YMMV):

Sponsored

OP
OP
mrbillwot

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
To easy Bill... you have prior experience?
Dave, Turns out it was a wolf in my trunk! Must have been attracted to that sexy gurney flap rear end & jumped in while my back was turned! Ha ;-)

Ok so as a drummer, luthier, and long term member of the Audio Engineering Society I knew this was temporary in my case. I've always had both seats down and this low rpm under load (like backing out of my driveway or starting off in 1st from a stop) howling started more recently - coincided with acquisition of more mod parts that I've been storing in the back including long boxes with BMR jacking rails & front cross brace, Lloyd's Cobra rear mat (custom ordered for subwoofer version), the big ole box from the front Lloyd's mats now empty as well as the chin spoiler packaging....and other stuff project parts & their boxes. So I knew those big surface & long tube boxes had a resonance in the 500Hz range and I debugged it with the assistance my brother in the car for a drive to the IMAX (Btw Ad Astra a great seat-shaker scifi movie) and having him put a damping hand on the boxes in stop & go traffic. That last part a gift of on our s#*tty scarified highways there was lots of stop & go & fling-able rock debris - gave my left leg & sore back a workout I could have done without.
So that's it - even with no resonator delete and even in normal vs sport exhaust mode - boxes turn into resonators with a little voodoo exhaust energy to get them singing.
Am I still hired?

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Am I still hired?
Bill:
We, the humble and faithful followers of the sacred writings of the all knowing Mustang6g, do hereby bequeath upon you the prestigious title of:
"Keeper of All Human Knowledge"

(someone give bill a "dilly-dilly)

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
No. I had not considered white. May experiment with that.
I will be giving the white a try as well.

I will post pics after the install.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
This was why I ordered & finally installed, this weekend @160mi, the drivers side as well (skip to 5 minutes in street driven car in 3 months accumulation on drivers side - YMMV):
Wow !!!! That’s a ton of oil on the driver’s side can !!!

How can he be getting that much oil on the driver’s side but other people are not ?

I went back and purchased the driver’s side. It’s cheap insurance for someone who plans to keep the car.

Last edited:

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I discovered a REALLY strange thing in my '19.
I developd a very very low hum that was louder than my exhaust, and louder than my radio while the car was at idle, and only at idle. You could not have a conversation with the person next to you. Once you pressed the gas pedal with even the slightest pressure, it instantly went away.
This started just a few days ago.
I had my resonators removed about 1 1/2 weeks ago.
I found the cause... but before I give the fix, Any Guesses?
***Hint*** it took no special tools and cost no money.
Put on your Shelby Forensic Hat and ask questions or make a guess.
I was going to guess that the active noise cancelation wasn't working properly. That feature makes a TREMENDOUS difference in certain situations. The exhaust can be absolutely booming at idle sometimes, then close the door and it's just quiet.

Sponsored

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
In general, car is extraordinary. Looking into getting her on the track in a month or so. Not pleased with shifter problem and ticking from front wheels - hope I can get these solved easily and asap.

FP oil catch (both sides), Ceramic coated, Jaeger Bros rock guards, AWE Switchpath, and badass radar detector & dashcam. No other mods planned.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
In general, car is extraordinary. Looking into getting her on the track in a month or so. Not pleased with shifter problem and ticking from front wheels - hope I can get these solved easily and asap.

FP oil catch (both sides), Ceramic coated, Jaeger Bros rock guards, AWE Switchpath, and badass radar detector & dashcam. No other mods planned.
what kind of shifter problem are you having?

mine popped out of first gear while I was moving the car in my driveway. I had my hand resting near the shifter. when it popped out it hit my hand and caused it to grind first gear for a quick moment. startled the hell out of me hahaha

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Randy, do you mind posting photos of the emblem overlays?

Wanted to get an idea of what they look like before making the leap.

Thanks!
Sorry for the delay!
IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3648_Blocked.jpg