Sponsored

New/Late 2019 GT350 owners Now what? Sharing MY'19 observations, break in, and mods topics

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
AFACD9BF-0AF1-43E9-808A-53D0933660C8.jpeg
Sorry for the delay!
IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3648_Blocked.jpg
Thanks Randy.

Overlays look good in white, wish they were available in Ford Performance Blue. Not sure if the white will be too much of a contrast on my vehicle but after seeing your photos they look pretty darn good.

On another note, I was driving my car to the dealer because I am STILL dealing with warranty issues and some ditz on their phone in traffic decided to rear end me! Bumper is screwed up, which is now the second time since the transport company damaged it before I even took delivery, so I now have to be without the car again for an extended period of time.

Whoever said the 19MY was cursed was right.....or at least my car is!

I was planning to post photos in the owner section when I got it back but that is now on hold with this new development.

Thanks again for the photos Randy. Your color combo brings back memories, my 2016 GT350 was the same combination.
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413

Thanks Randy.

Overlays look good in white, wish they were available in Ford Performance Blue. Not sure if the white will be too much of a contrast on my vehicle but after seeing your photos they look pretty darn good.

On another note, I was driving my car to the dealer because I am STILL dealing with warranty issues and some ditz on their phone in traffic decided to rear end me! Bumper is screwed up, which is now the second time since the transport company damaged it before I even took delivery, so I now have to be without the car again for an extended period of time.

I was planning to post photos in the owner section when I got it back but that is now on hold with this new development.

Thanks again for the photos Randy. Your color combo brings back memories, my 2016 GT350 was the same combination.
That’s terrible news !!!!!! Hope you get the car back quick.

That’s my biggest fear when I drive my cars. Some careless person hitting me. Day ruined for sure !

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393

Thanks Randy.

That is TERRIBLE! :shock::curse:

It's a $60 gamble, but I think white overlays and white lettering on the splitter would really pick up the color of the stripes!

Your 2016 was pristine! I looked at that pic and wondered how my car got to NY without me?

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
That is TERRIBLE! :shock::curse:

It's a $60 gamble, but I think white overlays and white lettering on the splitter would really pick up the color of the stripes!

Your 2016 was pristine! I looked at that pic and wondered how my car got to NY without me?
I am bummed to say the least.

I have had so many issues with my car, a total of 7 warranty claims plus the car being damaged in transit, that the ownership experience has been less than enjoyable. Four separate trips for different warranty issues which usually lasted 3 to 5 days each.

I had issues with my 2016, minor at best, and none with my 2018 so I was hopeful that my luck would continue with my 2019, but it did not.

Hoping that the damage from the accident is fixed correctly and my luck changes going forward!

Thanks for the compliment regarding my 2016, I tried to keep it clean.

I am going to take the leap and order the white overlay. I agree, it will enhance the white stripes.

I attached a photo of my car with the vinyl white letters installed on the spitter as well as a photo of the car after several hours of the "Les" detailing method.

IMG_E2245.JPG
IMG_6229.jpg

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
That’s terrible news !!!!!! Hope you get the car back quick.

That’s my biggest fear when I drive my cars. Some careless person hitting me. Day ruined for sure !
Thanks, and yes, my evening was ruined and about half the day was wasted today dealing with insurance issues and taking with the repair shop regarding the repairs.

i certainly hope my ownership with this vehicle changes going forward.

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Thanks, and yes, my evening was ruined and about half the day was wasted today dealing with insurance issues and taking with the repair shop regarding the repairs.

i certainly hope my ownership with this vehicle changes going forward.
Good luck to you man. Dealing with insurance companies should be labeled a form of torture. !!

Make sure the shop uses OEM parts, no cutting corners. Although by looking at your car after you detailed it I can tell you’re attention to detail is big.
I’m sire you’ll keep an eye on that shop to make sure they do legit work.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Good luck to you man. Dealing with insurance companies should be labeled a form of torture. !!

Make sure the shop uses OEM parts, no cutting corners. Although by looking at your car after you detailed it I can tell you’re attention to detail is big.
I’m sire you’ll keep an eye on that shop to make sure they do legit work.
The shop is actually the body shop at the dealer where I have purchased all of my cars, 5 Shelby's in the last 7 years.

I spoke with the body shop manager today and they have decided to replace the entire bumper, they aren't going to attempt to fix my current bumper, which put me at ease.

Will provide some updates as they become available.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I am bummed to say the least.

I have had so many issues with my car, a total of 7 warranty claims plus the car being damaged in transit, that the ownership experience has been less than enjoyable. Four separate trips for different warranty issues which usually lasted 3 to 5 days each.

I had issues with my 2016, minor at best, and none with my 2018 so I was hopeful that my luck would continue with my 2019, but it did not.

Hoping that the damage from the accident is fixed correctly and my luck changes going forward!

Thanks for the compliment regarding my 2016, I tried to keep it clean.

I am going to take the leap and order the white overlay. I agree, it will enhance the white stripes.

I attached a photo of my car with the vinyl white letters installed on the spitter as well as a photo of the car after several hours of the "Les" detailing method.

IMG_E2245.JPG
Am I looking at some kind of tow hook receiver behind the lower grill?

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Am I looking at some kind of tow hook receiver behind the lower grill?
Yes, it is. Car was at a show and the photo was taken by someone prior to me installing the actual tow hook.

Receiver needs to be adjusted, it cannot be tightened fully without being off-center, so I don't drive the vehicle with the actual tow hook installed.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Yes, it is. Car was at a show and the photo was taken by someone prior to me installing the actual tow hook.

Receiver needs to be adjusted, it cannot be tightened fully without being off-center, so I don't drive the vehicle with the actual tow hook installed.
Unless it's just the angle it looks different than the ZL1 one. What brand is it?

Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
The shop is actually the body shop at the dealer where I have purchased all of my cars, 5 Shelby's in the last 7 years.
A Ford Dealership with their own Body Shop is getting more and more rare!
Car was at a show and the photo was taken by someone prior to me installing the actual tow hook.
Looking at your front end, the emblem is so shiny, that I thought you already had the white overlays on it! Mine was very dark/dingy - blended into the grille area too well - that's why I went with white...

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Unless it's just the angle it looks different than the ZL1 one. What brand is it?
It is the ZL1 Titanium.

it may be the angle of the camera.

The person that installed it is checking the install and making the necessary adjustments.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Got it, thanks. I had gotten excited thinking another aftermarket option popped up.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
A Ford Dealership with their own Body Shop is getting more and more rare!

Looking at your front end, the emblem is so shiny, that I thought you already had the white overlays on it! Mine was very dark/dingy - blended into the grille area too well - that's why I went with white...
I am hopeful they do a good job, not looking forward to being without the car for the next 2 weeks.

My emblem was a mess, it was cracked, discolored and had permanent dark spots. In speaking with Ford, the service tech learned that the emblem is protected with a film similar to the film installed on the s/wing, and with our cars sitting for months, the adhesive from the film transferred to the emblem. Since mine was a mess the dealership filed a warranty claim and my entire grill was replaced.

With that being said, I ordered the white overlay yesterday and it shipped today. Now if only I had a car to install it on when it arrives.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I put the Ford Performance Oil-Air separators on the day I brought it home. Checked them prior to the first oil change at 1650 miles. There was more oil in the passenger side can than I would have thought. Extracted it with paper towels but couldn't get any type of measurement. The driver's side can was dry.

My car is now at 3650 miles, 2000 miles on the new oil, and I decided to check both sides again. The passenger side did not disappoint and had oil in it again. The driver's side was dry. This time I was more prepared and had a cooking syringe to suck out the oil. According to Google, 30ml is about one ounce of oil, so I'm glad I didn't run this through my intake system. I'm going to check it again at 5650 miles to see if the quantity varies as the oil gets older.

IMG_3826.jpg
Sponsored