ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm finally gonna upgrade my wheels and tires. Wheels will be 19x10, Tires 285/35/19. I'm lowered on Steeda Progressives with Steeda Active shock/struts. What kind of ride should I expect going from stock?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Should be fine, but it depends on which of the stock wheel/tire packages you're coming from, and how heavy your new 19x10 wheels are. Some are lighter than others, and lighter wheels will ride better.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I went from the stock 235/50R18 Pirellis to 285/35R19 Continental ExtremeContacts. The ride became a little firmer but the difference wasn't drastic by any means. The improved turn-in response and grip was much more noticeable.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm finally gonna upgrade my wheels and tires. Wheels will be 19x10, Tires 285/35/19. I'm lowered on Steeda Progressives with Steeda Active shock/struts. What kind of ride should I expect going from stock?
What is your stock tire and size?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ronnieb1958

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The tires themselves will each ride differently regardless of size. A little more information would be helpful, as I'm sure someone has your exact/close to it suspension setup. What brand & model are you going with? What are you coming from? PP, base, etc?

My personal experience with stock suspension and 285/35/19X10 Michelin PS4S's is almost no change in the "ride". There's a bit more tramlining, especially when coming to a stop at a light, but that's to be expected when going into wider tires. Turn in is more immediate, but that's because the wheels are lighter than stock. The grip dry or wet is also phenomenal. No real change in ride quality though.

Bottom line is that the work you've already done is way more noticeable than what you'll feel, if anything, by swapping wheels/tires.
I'm looking to go with Accerla
The tires themselves will each ride differently regardless of size. A little more information would be helpful, as I'm sure someone has your exact/close to it suspension setup. What brand & model are you going with? What are you coming from? PP, base, etc?

My personal experience with stock suspension and 285/35/19X10 Michelin PS4S's is almost no change in the "ride". There's a bit more tramlining, especially when coming to a stop at a light, but that's to be expected when going into wider tires. Turn in is more immediate, but that's because the wheels are lighter than stock. The grip dry or wet is also phenomenal. No real change in ride quality though.

Bottom line is that the work you've already done is way more noticeable than what you'll feel, if anything, by swapping wheels/tires.

I'm going with Accelera Phi 2 tires and LMR SVE sv 350 wheels.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
235/50/18
It'll be firmer, but it will also handle better because of that. It's a pro and con from the sidewall responsiveness. It may also tramline a little more due to the wider tire.
I ran 285/35R19 Indy 500s on my Mustang for awhile and it was great. You won't regret it you should be just fine.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to with a brand nobody has heard of, why not at least go with the Chicom Coopers? They'll be the same price or close enough I should think. And they are a known quantity.

Better yet, hold off on the wheels till LMR knocks the price down to $600 and you have 400 more to spend on tires.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to go with Accerla

Gets wider wheels (presumably for more grip & performance), buys cheapest tires available. Interesting.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ronnieb1958

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Gets wider wheels (presumably for more grip & performance), buys cheapest tires available. Interesting.
I'll accept any donations to upgrade my tire selection.

OP
OP
ronnieb1958

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to with a brand nobody has heard of, why not at least go with the Chicom Coopers? They'll be the same price or close enough I should think. And they are a known quantity.

Better yet, hold off on the wheels till LMR knocks the price down to $600 and you have 400 more to spend on tires.
Good idea. Hope LMR cooperates.

OP
OP
ronnieb1958

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Nice looking wheels, but I've never heard of Acceleras. Not that me not knowing something means anything :crackup:. As has been said, tramlining is the biggest change you'll be able to feel.
"Tramlining", I'm not familiar with the term...what is that?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
"Tramlining", I'm not familiar with the term...what is that?
It's where the front tires follow road camber/crown pretty aggressively.
Sponsored