Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
What's interesting with all the delusional people saying to "open the economy" is that they think that economy will just restart and everything will be back to normal. It won't, even if this whole thing went away tomorrow. People won't start going to restaurants because someone lifted a stay at home order.
Economy was extremely fragile with zero capacity for bad times (which people are always told to have savings for bad times - why does the corporations don't have to ?) which this is very quickly highlighted.

You can argue all you want on forums, fbs and post lame memes (like some here do) - it doesn't change the reality. Denying reality doesn't work as we had the best example of it in the highest leadership post in this country.
I agree with you. People aren't going to restaurants, getting on planes or especially cruise ships in any hurry. Aside from the fear that will be associated with resuming those types of things people aren't going to have free cash to buy cars etc. especially after they have endured some personal financial impact which many will. So the financial recovery will be longer and more painful in my opinion.
Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
[QUOTE="watisthis, post: 2856221, member: 38464" Unfortunately, we don't have an FDR type of president in office to right the ship, but that's a whole different discussion.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, FDR caused the Great Depression to massively extend because of his stupidity. Thank god we have a president who has actually DONE something in the real world instead of being a professional parasite.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Speed Phenom just ran his 2020 C8 Stingray at Big Willow.
Don't know who that is, but Willow Springs, aka BIG WILLOW is closed by order of the Governor of California. Their diner still sells carry-out food and you can buy gas if you would like.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Don't know who that is, but Willow Springs, aka BIG WILLOW is closed by order of the Governor of California. Their diner still sells carry-out food and you can buy gas if you would like.
The earliest comments on his video are 4 days old, so maybe he got in before the closed order.

EDIT. Wrong video. The oldest posts on this one are 20 hours ago.

FWIW, Speed Phenom is a 19 yr old who tracks a GT350R, a GT500, and now a C8.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Not sure what this has to do with the fact that THE TRACK IS CLOSED. Screw it.
Everyone is so fucking righteous these days.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Not sure what this has to do with the fact that THE TRACK IS CLOSED. Screw it.
I don’t doubt that the track is closed. All I’m saying is he must have got in under the wire before the track was declared closed.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
[QUOTE="watisthis, post: 2856221, member: 38464" Unfortunately, we don't have an FDR type of president in office to right the ship, but that's a whole different discussion.

You're kidding, FDR caused the Great Depression to massively extend because of his stupidity. Thank god we have a president who has actually DONE something in the real world instead of being a professional parasite.
The great depression started with the collapse of 1929. Our economy was essentially flat until FDR took office and executed the new deal. In 1937 a combination of Republicans and conservative Democrats in Congress shut down some of these programs. The result was negative economic growth. It would have been a recession except for the fact that the nation had not yet technically recovered from the great depression. Growth resumed when the programs were restored.

While the new deal programs was in effect the nation had strong economic growth. We were on course to exit the great depression in 1938, however, the 1937 cuts in programs delayed that exit by about two years.

Don't get me wrong the new deal was an unsustainable model made sustainable by the war. The new deal had a large price tag, one that would be paid for by war material sales for WW2. However, the new deal gave people hope and a way to feed their families in a time where there was neither.

Also, FDR took American off the gold standard (not to be confused with the dollar-gold standard and Nixon) within a couple of months after taking office, which freed up the monetary system to support things like gov't spending and ended the debt-deflationary cycle. This is a highly debated topic in year one of macroeconomics so it's not as clear cut as yes or no.

Yes, we can all clearly see President Trump is doing a bang-up job. It's not hard to figure out what kind of man Trump is but there's no point debating as you clearly believe he has done no wrong.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Trump has his flaws, but selling his influence to the highest bidder (Clinton(s), Biden, Sanders and Obama) isn't one of them. The D's can only offer professional parasites, Trump is an easy choice all day long.
Start a new thread if you want to discuss such. I could link dozens of articles and documents showing Trump selling influence to anyone and everyone that'll pay his debt off but this isn't the thread for that. Literally no different than anyone else in power because everyone has their own definition of influence.

Let's keep this thread to the coronavirus, thanks.

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Start a new thread if you want to discuss such. I could link dozens of articles and documents showing Trump selling influence to anyone and everyone that'll pay his debt off but this isn't the thread for that. Literally no different than anyone else in power because everyone has their own definition of influence.

Let's keep this thread to the coronavirus, thanks.
suyhPyP.jpg

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
1/22 Trump "...we have it totally under control. It is going to be just fine".

2/25 Trump "...we are down to 15 cases, will be zero soon."

2/27 Trump "One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

3/13 Trump "No, I don't take responsibility at all".

3/17 Trump "I’ve always known this is a real—this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic … I’ve always viewed it as very serious.”

Oh, wait these weren't memes...

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
1/22 Trump "...we have it totally under control. It is going to be just fine".

2/25 Trump "...we are down to 15 cases, will be zero soon."

2/27 Trump "One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

3/13 Trump "No, I don't take responsibility at all".

3/17 Trump "I’ve always known this is a real—this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic … I’ve always viewed it as very serious.”

Oh, wait these weren't memes...
As usual for a TDS sufferer, all taken out of or not in context.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
As usual for a TDS sufferer, all taken out of or not in context.
And the context is ? You posting that Trumps is doing a good job or lame memes doesn't change the reality of US being absolutely worst in the world among civilized countries with the response to this thing. Impeachment or "it should be states job" excuses make him only look more pathetic (if it's even remotely possible).

If it is states job, what do we need him and his administration for ? It would actually be easier and more effective without them. 1000 times easier.
Sponsored