Sponsored

Insurance Rate Decrease?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Was wondering since most people are being requested to stay home and the few times I’ve been out to get needed groceries I see a very low volume of cars on the road. Looks like most people are adhering to the requests/orders. Has anyone gotten a lowered insurance rate or a portion of their paid insurance back? Less cars on the road means less accidents/claims etc.
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Was wondering since most people are being requested to stay home and the few times I’ve been out to get needed groceries I see a very low volume of cars on the road. Looks like most people are adhering to the requests/orders. Has anyone gotten a lowered insurance rate or a portion of their paid insurance back? Less cars on the road means less accidents/claims etc.

That's not how this works, that's not how ANY of this works!

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sorry, we have been quite busy issuing checks. Your check is in the mail!

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not how this works, that's not how ANY of this works!
Since most of us are forced into unemployment due to no fault of our own I see some companies helping out like phone companies giving xtra data or cable companies giving EPIX/Showtime for free. Restaurants with free delivery/discount on food etc. There’s no shortage of car insurance company commercials that I’ve noticed. Looks like business as usual.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Since most of us are forced into unemployment due to no fault of our own I see some companies helping out like phone companies giving xtra data or cable companies giving EPIX/Showtime for free. Restaurants with free delivery/discount on food etc. There’s no shortage of car insurance company commercials that I’ve noticed. Looks like business as usual.
Depending on how much you drive you can tell your Ins company and that can lower your rates. I told them I average under 5000/yr and that got me a bit lower premium.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
... Lol, of course..
There is no doubt that car insurance companies will experience less claims and therefore increased profits
Should they give this money back to their customers? In a perfect and ethical word, yes
In reality. Hell no...

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... Lol, of course..
There is no doubt that car insurance companies will experience less claims and therefore increased profits
Should they give this money back to their customers? In a perfect and ethical word, yes
In reality. Hell no...
Yep. They have no problem raising your insurance if you get a speeding ticket or cancel you for non payment.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Some may allow a deferment on your next payment or two if you’ve been affected by COVID-19. Other than that, expect nothing.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You know what the biggest scam is with car insurance?
The value of your car go down every year therefore the insurance potential financial liability ( how much they will have to pay you in case of a write-off) also go down but NEVER your premium....
I get a new online quote every year and more often than not they have to lower my collision/comprehensive part of the premium
Obviously that do not apply to stated value policies

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m not going to defend an insurance company and there tactics but the financial exposure has to do with the liability limit more then it does the actual vehicle cost.

You know what the biggest scam is with car insurance?
The value of your car go down every year therefore the insurance potential financial liability ( how much they will have to pay you in case of a write-off) also go down but NEVER your premium....
I get a new online quote every year and more often than not they have to lower my collision/comprehensive part of the premium
Obviously that do not apply to stated value policies

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Agree with everyone here..they ain’t gonna lower..at least not yet. Now is excellent time to sign up for vehicle monitoring on your other vehicles. For instance if you have a 2nd car or truck that you don’t drive aggressively then you may be able to get a rate by braking better and accelerating evenly if you sign up for the driving devices that monitor your driving habits.

If you drive your Mustang aggressively I would not recommend a monitoring device for the Mustang however for obvious reasons. Me personally, I can’t seem to behave in my car when I see an open lane or deserted highway.:wink:

Also some insurance co’s will give you a premium break if you drive your car on a seasonal basis.

With all this stay at home, now is also a good time to compare rates, increase your deductible, drop rental/tow coverage and adjust or eliminate any extras. This might save you a small amount while we wait this out.

Lastly, although some insurers are suspending payments temporarily I would make this the last payment I would attempt to postpone or extend, imagine the ramifications of having no insurance..yikes!!!!!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I’m not going to defend an insurance company and there tactics but the financial exposure has to do with the liability limit more then it does the actual vehicle cost.
No doubt, that’s why I specifically mentioned the non liability part of the premium, namely collision and comprehensive

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Funny you mentioned this. I just got my renewal yesterday and I haven't calculated it out exactly, but quick math, it looks to have decreased about 15-20 a month. Probably just because the car is a year older and I didn't have any violations or claims in the past year, which is unusual for me. Now I'm starting to re-think getting a new car as it was about the same ballpark last year, but I'm sure it would be more now.

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked my insurance company thru chat the very question if we were going to get a discount or a portion of our paid insurance back and got this answer today.

“As we all work together to slow the spread of COVID-19, more of us are at home and driving less, which means having fewer accidents. That's why we are announcing a Shelter-in-Place Payback for our auto customers. And, since our lives have become more digital, we are providing free identity protection for the rest of the year.

Most auto customers will get an average payback of about 15% based on their monthly insurance costs during April and May. You can get your payback faster through the mobile app.”

Last edited: