Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
This one is down the street from me. Was tempted to go take a look at it.
Don't waste your time as I called this dealership to confirm the price as had a friend who was possibly interested in a GT350 HEP car and especially at $5,550 below MSRP.

Intially I spoke with a sales person who confirmed that the actual selling price for this car was $79,345 after which time I confronted him about the advertised selling price of $61,756 and of course he did not know what to say or how to respond to my question.

He then asked if I would like to speak to a GSM and I said yes let's get him on the line.

Once speaking to the GSM and asking him to confirm the selling price for this car he confirmed that they had a $12,000 ADM for such a rare car and that very few were going to be built.

I then referenced the advertised price of $61,756 which is a difference of $17,589 from what he just confirmed to me as their real selling price and proceeded to jump all over him for false advertising.

Bottom line is he apologized profusely a number of times and said that he would correct the wrong pricing immediately and then offered the car to me at $10,000 over MSRP and responded back to him accordingly.

How some of these Ford dealerships/owners and GSM's can live with themselves with respect to false advertising is beyond my comprehension.

If a Ford dealership wants to sell a car with an ADM I get all that as that is their prerogative but don't intentionally mislead Mustang enthusiasts such as myself or others on this forum that are looking for a good deal on a cool Mustang GT350/R.

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Don't waste your time as I called this dealership to confirm the price as had a friend who was possibly interested in a GT350 HEP car and especially at $5,550 below MSRP.

Intially I spoke with a sales person who confirmed that the actual selling price for this car was $79,345 after which time I confronted him about the advertised selling price of $61,756 and of course he did not know what to say or how to respond to my question.

He then asked if I would like to speak to a GSM and I said yes let's get him on the line.

Once speaking to the GSM and asking him to confirm the selling price for this car he confirmed that they had a $12,000 ADM for such a rare car and that very few were going to be built.

I then referenced the advertised price of $61,756 which is a difference of $17,589 from what he just confirmed to me as their real selling price and proceeded to jump all over him for false advertising.

Bottom line is he apologized profusely a number of times and said that he would correct the wrong pricing immediately and then offered the car to me at $10,000 over MSRP and responded back to him accordingly.

How some of these Ford dealerships/owners and GSM's can live with themselves with respect to false advertising is beyond my comprehension.

If a Ford dealership wants to sell a car with an ADM I get all that as that is their prerogative but don't intentionally mislead Mustang enthusiasts such as myself or others on this forum that are looking for a good deal on a cool Mustang GT350/R.
I'm equally as disgusted with the false advertising some of these dealers continue to do. Bait and switch is still alive and well these days. Shameful

dive2deep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel for towing, 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition for going fast, Honda Clarity PHEV for commuting.

Thats bull. I paid under sticker, but just barely for a car that was sitting on the lot. Dealer advertised it at MSRP, and I struck the deal. Honestly I can see how a dealer may want to get ADM on this car, but there are folks like me, who will fly to the ends of the earth, just to NOT pay MSRP.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Thats bull. I paid under sticker, but just barely for a car that was sitting on the lot. Dealer advertised it at MSRP, and I struck the deal. Honestly I can see how a dealer may want to get ADM on this car, but there are folks like me, who will fly to the ends of the earth, just to NOT pay MSRP.
I did not pay MSRP or under sticker, but I'm coping with a grin from ear to ear every time I get in the car!

Here's another thing you guys may want to consider when thinking about the rarity of the cars, how much will Coronavirus cut down production? I saw on the news this afternoon that Ford, GM, and Tesla are actively modifying certain factories to manufacture masks during Coronavirus... it sounds crazy, but they had video at the factories showing some of the retrofitting. Now I'm not sure which factories those are, but some kind of part will not be manufactured in as high supply...

Sponsored

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
Yup, the gov't is quite active getting the car plants to changeover to making health supplies for the battle against Covid-19. Masks, ventilators, and anything else needed to combat this virus are required right away. In general, this could be a year of low production for most any product not associated with the virus.
I was contacted a week ago by my dealer who told me the car would be delayed by three weeks. I think it could be a lot longer than that before they get this virus thing under control and the world gets back to normal, whatever that is....

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I did not pay MSRP or under sticker, but I'm coping with a grin from ear to ear every time I get in the car!

Here's another thing you guys may want to consider when thinking about the rarity of the cars, how much will Coronavirus cut down production? I saw on the news this afternoon that Ford, GM, and Tesla are actively modifying certain factories to manufacture masks during Coronavirus... it sounds crazy, but they had video at the factories showing some of the retrofitting. Now I'm not sure which factories those are, but some kind of part will not be manufactured in as high supply...
Life is strange that way. I was pleased that my wife was able to get her 2020 Explorer during the UAW strikes in late 2019. Apparently Ford was able to thwart the strike for Fo Mo Co as the news reported the following: “Now that the General Motors strike has ended and the agreement has been ratified, we will proceed to Ford,” said UAW President Gary Jones, etc. Yes life is strange because here things are now with everyone struggling that makes 2019 appear miniscule. Best wishes to those trying to get your car in a timely fashion.

Regards

dive2deep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel for towing, 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition for going fast, Honda Clarity PHEV for commuting.

Maybe the ones already built will be the only HE cars produced in 2020. We may have indeed scored some rare cars afterall.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Maybe the ones already built will be the only HE cars produced in 2020. We may have indeed scored some rare cars afterall.
For that to happen the FRAP would then be down for the next 5 to 6 months and personally I don't see that being anywhere close to happening especially if the President wants most/all industries open by Easter Sunday.

The amount of pressure on Jim Hackett and other Ford executives such as Jim Farley at Dearborn in recent months from the BOD's and shareholders has been enormous and if you think that Ford will continue to make PPE's versus automobiles over the next few months I suggest you rethink your logic.

:sunglasses:

dive2deep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
For that to happen the FRAP would then be down for the next 5 to 6 months and personally I don't see that being anywhere close to happening especially if the President wants most/all industries open by Easter Sunday.

The amount of pressure on Jim Hackett and other Ford executives such as Jim Farley at Dearborn in recent months from the BOD's and shareholders has been enormous and if you think that Ford will continue to make PPE's versus automobiles over the next few months I suggest you rethink your logic.

My logic is solid, this virus is worse than the president understands, no way Ford is restarting anytime soon, no matter what the orange man says. Even when they do restart, capacity will be lowered due to lowered demand. I get the pressure on Hackett, but if you can't sell the cars, you probably wont want to build them. I admit this is in no way what I want to happen, but the way things are going.

Sponsored

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R

I agree with everything you say, but it brings up the question, would the shareholders prefer they manufacture low margin, amazing, high performance, limited edition cars, or high volume, high margin, trucks and SUV’s?

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition LR002
Thanks for the info. Might use this to bend my dealer a bit on price when mine comes in. More options on this car and less money than mine???
I’d bet anything if you call the price is wrong. I have found many in my search with the same incorrect advertised price because the ford website automatically inputs regular mustang discounts. They enter the VIN and it doesn’t flag GT350. Call them, I’d bet you can not buy the car for that price!

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My logic is solid, this virus is worse than the president understands, no way Ford is restarting anytime soon, no matter what the orange man says. Even when they do restart, capacity will be lowered due to lowered demand. I get the pressure on Hackett, but if you can't sell the cars, you probably wont want to build them. I admit this is in no way what I want to happen, but the way things are going.
Wrong

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
I’d bet anything if you call the price is wrong. I have found many in my search with the same incorrect advertised price because the ford website automatically inputs regular mustang discounts. They enter the VIN and it doesn’t flag GT350. Call them, I’d bet you can not buy the car for that price!
Their price has already been confirmed as wrong "bait and switch tactics "

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their price has already been confirmed as wrong "bait and switch tactics "
I suspected as such. Same tactic was on every HE car I called on. What is their real price?
Sponsored