Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
That I do not know. Mine was suppose to be delivered next week as well. You might have just snuck out in time? I'd ask your dealer to investigate. Make them earn there money!:)
What’s the last 8 of your vin? Mine looks to have been built the same day as yours (L5551054). Have you been tracking yours on fords tracking website? I ask because mine shipped out on a rail car over week ago and is now in Kansas and shows in transit on the tracking website...unless yours was held up by QC I’d imagine yours is in transit as well.
Sponsored

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition LR002
What’s the last 8 of your vin? Mine looks to have been built the same day as yours (L5551054). Have you been tracking yours on fords tracking website? I ask because mine shipped out on a rail car over week ago and is now in Kansas and shows in transit on the tracking website...unless yours was held up by QC I’d imagine yours is in transit as well.
L5550993 , mine says it was produced on 3-3-2020 with an ETA 3-29-2020. Mine does not say shipped. Awaiting shipment.

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Sounds good but can tell you that when I looked at the dealership photos prior to you taking delivery of this car I could see the fronts still in on the car.

Also when speaking to the dealership early on about your car (had a good car buddy from Georgia interested in it) the contact I had said that they fully intended to leave the polyurethane shipping blocks installed on the car just in case someone was going to ship it home such as the route that you took.
So if I were to take delivery of mine whenever that is and the shipping blocks stayed in. I then drove it say 10-15 miles to my house and took them out myself would I have any issues? I'm trying to have the dealer do the minimum on my car when it shows because I want to do everything myself. Mostly I worry someone doesn't get the word and some how a front license plate holder gets drilled into my bumper. Haha.

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t worry, spacers only firm up suspension to protect it and will not damage your car. Just remove them now so your car can perform as designed. No worit’s!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Don’t worry, spacers only firm up suspension to protect it and will not damage your car. Just remove them now so your car can perform as designed. No worit’s!
Agreed that driving these cars with the shipping blocks in the suspension can be done but certainly not recommended for any length of time as the handling characteristics of the car change dramatically.

Back in 2016 when I took delivery of GR107 that happened to me whereby I had to take my car back to get the shipping blocks/spacers removed and then drove off thinking that all was good and then only to find an error code show up on the dash of my car.

I then had to go back once again to my dealership to get the computer/suspension recalibrated which was not a big deal but took a lot of time in order to get done.

Just an FYI.

:sunglasses:

Sponsored

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Agreed that driving these cars with the shipping blocks in the suspension can be done but certainly not recommended for any length of time as the handling characteristics of the car change dramatically.

Back in 2016 when I took delivery of GR107 that happened to me whereby I had to take my car back to get the shipping blocks/spacers removed and then drove off thinking that all was good and then only to find an error code show up on the dash of my car.

I then had to go back once again to my dealership to get the computer/suspension recalibrated which was not a big deal but took a lot of time in order to get done.

Just an FYI.

That’s what I thought I’d read somewhere. So I guess make sure they take the blocks out before I drive away.

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
That’s what I thought I’d read somewhere. So I guess make sure they take the blocks out before I drive away.
I picked my '19 R up at the Rail Yard and put over 500 miles on it, before I had a chance to
have some PDI work done, no problems due to the shipping blocks, but the car rode a little rough.
I would not worry too much about driving it home. You have to take the weight off the wheels to remove them.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Sounds good but can tell you that when I looked at the dealership photos prior to you taking delivery of this car I could see the fronts still in on the car.

Also when speaking to the dealership early on about your car (had a good car buddy from Georgia interested in it) the contact I had said that they fully intended to leave the polyurethane shipping blocks installed on the car just in case someone was going to ship it home such as the route that you took.

On another note hopefully your GT350R Owners Kit will show up soon and it will be interesting to see if it differs much from a non HEP car?

Lastly, based on your window sticker it doesn't appear that your car came with a car cover and if so do you know if the car covers for the HEP optioned cars will come with the same car cover look as a non HEP car?

Thanks for the heads up. I will double check to verify.

Regarding the car cover, the dealer said they had to accept the car as is. Since it was a pre production car, it didn’t have the car cover in the spec and they couldn’t add it.

Should the owners kit come to my house or the dealership?

I can’t remember what happened with my 2015... The mind goes when you hit the big 4-0!!!

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350

Regarding the car cover, the dealer said they had to accept the car as is. Since it was a pre production car, it didn’t have the car cover in the spec and they couldn’t add it.

I can’t remember what happened with my 2015... The mind goes when you hit the big 4-0!!!
The owners supplement will come to your house. If you don't receive it in a reasonable time ( a few weeks or so) then either contact your dealership to be sure they did what info needed on there end or call Ford Performance phone number and with your vin they can look it up and tell you the status of the supplement.

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SHIPPING UPDATE......Here is a quote I just received from my dealer in an email this morning. Looks like Ford is shipping cars again!

Dealer message...."So they turned the pipeline back on... Plant is still closed but anything that is built or was at the yard will still be coming now. They just made the announcement to us late last night."

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Regarding a car cover for these early and pre-production cars I have yet to see a car cover being spec'd out on a window sticker and have a lot of window stickers on file at home here for these PP cars and not one of them comes with a car cover and that was certainly also the case with the 3 Boss 302 PP cars that I had a few years back.

With respect to "LR001" and the Guardsman Blue chassis series I suggest that you are in very select company with you having number 1 chassis number for the 2020 R's coming with the HEP option and with Bill Ford going to have the very last 2020 R model with his car coming with the HEP option as well.

Of course there will be a few changes to Bill Ford's car that will make his 2020 R very unique and that will be the painted OTT Guardsman Blue stripes, Blue seat inserts, Blue brake calipers and suggest a unique chassis plate for the very last 2020 R built at the FRAP.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Regarding a car cover for these early and pre-production cars I have yet to see a car cover being spec'd out on a window sticker and have a lot of window stickers on file at home here for these PP cars and not one of them comes with a car cover and that was certainly also the case with the 3 Boss 302 PP cars that I had a few years back.

With respect to "LR001" and the Guardsman Blue chassis series I suggest that you are in very select company with you having number 1 chassis number for the 2020 R's coming with the HEP option and with Bill Ford going to have the very last 2020 R model with his car coming with the HEP option as well.

Of course there will be a few changes to Bill Ford's car that will make his 2020 R very unique and that will be the painted OTT Guardsman Blue stripes, Blue seat inserts, Blue brake calipers and suggest a unique chassis plate for the very last 2020 R built at the FRAP.

If Bill wants to get a beer I’m game. You can come too!

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott