Fuel pressure gauge orientation

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
Any issue with running a fluid filled fuel pressure gauge horizontally ? It’s the only position in my set up but it seems it will work… But I’ve not seen anyone run it this way so I just wanted to be sure it won’t cause me any problems

Thanks for the help!
image.jpg
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Run it any direction ya like

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Run it any direction ya like
One more question if you don’t mind.... this is probably a stupid one, but do you see any issue with running the dial gauge and a cheap analog pressure sender on a t fitting like in the picture?
I didn’t know if they could potentially interfere with one another being so close...

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
One more question if you don’t mind.... this is probably a stupid one, but do you see any issue with running the dial gauge and a cheap analog pressure sender on a t fitting like in the picture?
I didn’t know if they could potentially interfere with one another being so close...
No issue

Sponsored

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
, A liquid filled pressure gauge is very susceptible to heat, changing its reading with the temperature of the gauge.

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
Unless your using the pin style aeromotive type and if that is the case it requires mounting so the face of the gauge is perpendicular to the ground, and with the pin-valve/plug assembly on top.
, A liquid filled pressure gauge is very susceptible to heat, changing its reading with the temperature of the gauge.

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Interesting... I only really use it to set base pressure. I do notice it’s about 3psi off from the cheap transducer I also use. Its an amazon special so I just assumed it was wrong and the gauge was correct..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Unless your using the pin style aeromotive type and if that is the case it requires mounting so the face of the gauge is perpendicular to the ground, and with the pin-valve/plug assembly on top.
The one I have is an aeromotive...what do you mean by pin/valve? Why would it’s orientation mater?... I kind of thought it might but I have heard otherwise on this thread.

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
If its the aeromotive pin style which it looks like it is then yes it supposed to be mounted the way i describe. Its on their website.

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
If its the aeromotive pin style which it looks like it is then yes it supposed to be mounted the way i describe. Its on their website.
Shoot... that sucks.

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
For what it’s worth... I did some reading and it seems the only reason the orientation matter for the aeromotive pin valve style gauges is the actuation of the pin valve itself. Since I’m only using it for setting the base pressure the gauge doesn’t get that warm in the time it takes to do that so I think it should work fine.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Fluid Gauge in the bay is better than a regular one the vibration kills the non fluid filled ones. Also you should be able to run a sender off of it if you want to.
Sponsored