Thought you guys would get a chuckle outta this

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
On a general car forum I'm on, a fellow member says where he lives, there's a gray GT350 that drives by him every morning and hearing the sound of the car just makes his day. Well recently one morning the Shelby drove by but the driver was apparently a little too light on the throttle, so the forum member made a sign for the Shelby driver to see the following day:

caoi6bpjswkos0nm5cks.jpg

I hope the driver got a good laugh and puts a bit more push in to the pedal! I love that these Voodoos make such an impression on people.:rockon:
Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I donā€™t know - Iā€™m getting so tired of being trolled and harassed by kids when I drive mine that Iā€™m actually thinking of selling it for that reason. I ran it about 4 mile to Loweā€™s the other day and had two frcken idiot kids come roaring up on my quarter, roll their window down and start motioning to me to get on it or something. Ignored them but the kept harassing me for a mile os until I lost them in traffic. Like Iā€™m going to get on a cold engine for their entertainment - not on their life. And then on the way back another damn Toyota starts following closely on my tail. I gradually started speeding up but the SOB stayed glued to my tail.

I had a Subaru WSX or something with a fart can do a 7000 rpm burnout next to me at a stop light. The idiot was slightly behind and next to me when I hear this loud shrieking like 100 cats being tortured, and Iā€™m looking in my rear view mirror wondering what the hell that is when the light turns green and off to my left side this Subaru comes screeching by me with tires and engine and fart can muffler squealing at like 7000 rpm. I must have been very unsatisfying as I just sat their a couple of seconds and then slowly drove away.

Iā€™ve had many instances of kids pulling up at lights and yelling at me to rev it up for them. A few times Iā€™ve blipped the throttle for them but all that does is encourage them to yell louder, louder - at which time I just roll up the windows. Hell, Iā€™ll be 69 in a few weeks - I enjoy cranking the throttle out on the open road now and then, but I out grew that show off crap a long time ago. I have a 427 Cobra and. 66 427 Vette and I donā€™t get all this crap in either of them. Guess they donā€™t know what they are.

Iā€™m thinking of selling it and getting my wife a new car.

Well, I feel better now.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Well it happens to all of us in the 350, but I remember what it was like when I was that age and I liked cars but I could not afford much, and wanted "old" guys to gun it when i saw a muscle car or something exotic....so I will get on it bit so they can hear and see me zoom past long as traffic permits. Had a guy in a Audi Q8.....the big SUV.....for some reason wanted to tailgate me a bit.....sooooo I streamed him along and at about 110 I could see his wife giving him a load of shit in my rear-view mirror....and he slowed down and got way behind me.

Deleted member 37397

Well it happens to all of us in the 350, but I remember what it was like when I was that age and I liked cars but I could not afford much, and wanted "old" guys to gun it when i saw a muscle car or something exotic....so I will get on it bit so they can hear and see me zoom past long as traffic permits. Had a guy in a Audi Q8.....the big SUV.....for some reason wanted to tailgate me a bit.....sooooo I streamed him along and at about 110 I could see his wife giving him a load of shit in my rear-view mirror....and he slowed down and got way behind me.
I donā€™t like the idiots recording with their cell phones waiting for me to do something. I just leave my tinted windows up and ignore as best as I can

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Lmao. Thereā€™s a simple solution to all of this. Buy an appliance to drive or a Prius, same thing, problem solved.

On a side note, annoying kids aside. Atleast thereā€™s part of the younger generation that knows what a cool car is.

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
hmm, i like run low key myself but you are driving an american made ferrari. if that's not cool enough, i'm not quite sure what is. there's always an alternative, a corolla will let you fly under the radar.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks for the story, OP. I had a neighbor yell at me for making too much noise with my GT350. If he hates car noise he made a bad choice in location when he bought his house as it's right on the main road through the area. Here I thought he was a car guy, because he has a bunch of different stuff and some of it is cool. But I guess not.

I always appreciated it when I got thumbs up, but yes the GT350 sometimes brings out the miscreants as well.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's a double edged sword. On one hand some of the attention is flattering, really. But then it can also get really annoying and uncomfortable if you have people intentionally wanting you to draw attention to yourself for their enjoyment and YOU will be the one with consequences if something goes wrong.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Just got my 350 2 days ago, but this used to happen to me all the time in my C7 Grand Sport.
The look on their face when they see a 66yr old guy behind the wheel is hysterical.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Just got my 350 2 days ago, but this used to happen to me all the time in my C7 Grand Sport.
The look on their face when they see a 66yr old guy behind the wheel is hysterical.
Personally I almost never see anyone under 50 driving a Corvette.

Sponsored

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Personally I almost never see anyone under 50 driving a Corvette.
Funny when I picked up my GT350R I was sitting in a waiting area for finance and a young couple asked me if I was buying the Corvette in the showroom. :)

In all fairness I'm 54 and in the sweet spot for Corvette ownership.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Come to NYC area. Plenty of young spoiled kids driving high end cars.
Plenty in California as well. Donā€™t know why the young, rich kids stay away from Corvettes, they are amazing cars. Theyā€™ve been looked at as old man cars.
Iā€™m my area, modded M3ā€™s and 4ā€™s are probably at the top of the spoiled kids list.
In LA, itā€™s exotics.

MDM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
M3, F350
Ever try to make out in a Vette! When I was younger I needed room in my car. Now that I have multiple cars, and a wife, a Vette may enter the collection at some point.
Sponsored