Sponsored

Morimoto vs OPT7 Front Sequential Turn Signals

Ross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I recently installed both Morimonto and OPT7 front sequential turn signals on my 2015. It was a pain in the _ss, so thought I'd post a comment and short vids to show them side by side. Not as good as seeing in person, but better than nothing. Might help help inform someone who's thinking of this mod.

The OPT7 is a switchback white running light/ amber turn signal. It uses fewer LEDs spaced farther apart.
Morimonto is amber running and amber turn signal.

The "white" on the OPT7 has more blue than the stock white lights just above the turn signal. However, I thought either option was better than stock.

Steady state:

Flashing:
Sponsored

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
OP
OP

Ross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Dan, I did look at those, and agree they look great. I would have considered those, but am traveling soon and needed to get it done (CJ's are out of stock). The only downside is that there is no warranty, and they seem to be generic (no mfg listed). Morimonto's have a 5 year warranty. But they cost a bunch more.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Diode dynamics had a version of these a few years ago..looked perfectly stock too..like something Ford motor co should have done themselves..for some unexplained reason they discontinued them...and before I found out they were ever available..a few lucky s550 owners however did pick them up...
....Diode Dynamics please bring these back!

OP
OP

Ross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
btw, many instructional youtube vids state the car should be jacked up and wheel removed. I installed these with the car on the ground. Crank the wheel to create some open space, Remove 1/2 the wheel well cover, there is more than enough flexibility in that material to hold it open with one hand while pulling the light assembly with the other.
If you've thought about replacing fogs, it's part of the same assembly & would be convenient to do at the same time.
Install was time consuming due to the learning curve and all the screws, but not difficult. 2nd set I installed went twice as fast.

Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I have had the morimotos for close to a year now and they have been great. No issues with them at all and they function without the car running or need for the lights to be on

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Diode dynamics had a version of these a few years ago..looked perfectly stock too..like something Ford motor co should have done themselves..for some unexplained reason they discontinued them...and before I found out they were ever available..a few lucky s550 owners however did pick them up...
....Diode Dynamics please bring these back!
I've been looking for these too. Most of the aftermarket ones don't look correct (reflector housings smaller than the actual housing etc.).

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Opt7s didn't work on my 2015, it gave me a weird flashing when the headlights weren't turned on so I had to return them.

They work flawless on my 2016 though.
Sponsored