roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
For sure. I've always been interested in a 350, but just couldn't get past the pricing. I have a serious problem paying MSRP (or more) for any vehicle. Even if I had money to blow there is just something about that which really bugs me... so, happy to see that the prices are coming around.
I am seeing $9k or more off GT350’s. Pretty good deals
Sponsored

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
I always budget for at least one extra set for the weather (I'll end up actually having three different sets for the ZLE). Dry/wet track set up so you don't have to cancel for weather only having a Cup2/SC3R etc like setup. It would suck though that you couldn't even count on the OEM wheels for DD use.
I've always just run my street setup when its wet, but that is so rare here in socal that it almost isnt even worth worrying about.

You going to do an Apex setup for the ZLE?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I've always just run my street setup when its wet, but that is so rare here in socal that it almost isnt even worth worrying about.

You going to do an Apex setup for the ZLE?
I have a close to stock ARC-8 set with A/S on them right now for cold weather duty. I still drive it in the winter on dry days. I stored my GT350 and I hated doing that. I'm either going to get another Apex set for the track or HRE RC 104s/Forgeline GA1RS for the dry track set up. Then use the stock wheels for summer DD/wet track days on PS4Ss.

I wish we had So Cal weather, it would make things a lot easier/cheaper.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I have a close to stock ARC-8 set with A/S on them right now for cold weather duty. I still drive it in the winter on dry days. I stored my GT350 and I hated doing that. I'm either going to get another Apex set for the track or HRE RC 104s/Forgeline GA1RS for the dry track set up. Then use the stock wheels for summer DD/wet track days on PS4Ss.

I wish we had So Cal weather, it would make things a lot easier/cheaper.
Ha, I lived in Maple Grove, MN before being relocated to CT for work. I feel the same way. I have a full set of winter tires I run my GT350 on. The car will depreciate whether I drive it or don't drive it and I would rather have fun all year vs 6 months out of the year.

I keep seeing people selling the 350R carbon fiber wheels in very good condition for very tempting prices. I am so tempted to grab a set (maybe some with a few minor imperfections for cost savings) and then make them my dedicated track tires. So winter tires, track tires, street tires. Like what you are doing. Seems ideal. Takes 15-20 mins tops for me to swap wheels.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Ha, I lived in Maple Grove, MN before being relocated to CT for work. I feel the same way. I have a full set of winter tires I run my GT350 on. The car will depreciate whether I drive it or don't drive it and I would rather have fun all year vs 6 months out of the year.

I keep seeing people selling the 350R carbon fiber wheels in very good condition for very tempting prices. I am so tempted to grab a set (maybe some with a few minor imperfections for cost savings) and then make them my dedicated track tires. So winter tires, track tires, street tires. Like what you are doing. Seems ideal. Takes 15-20 mins tops for me to swap wheels.
Nice, I still have a lot of friends/coworkers up there. Not a bad place to live.

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Can you repair a CF wheel and if so is it absurdly expensive? Legit curious as I was very interested in them when I had my GT350 also. I ended up going with Forgelines for cost and the unknown durability/repair reasons of the CF wheels at the time.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Nice, I still have a lot of friends/coworkers up there. Not a bad place to live.

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Can you repair a CF wheel and if so is it absurdly expensive? Legit curious as I was very interested in them when I had my GT350 also. I ended up going with Forgelines for cost and the unknown durability/repair reasons of the CF wheels at the time.
Yes you can have them repaired but it is not cheap...

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
Would someone please let the folks over at the C6 Camaro site know that Ford has no control over what vehicles a publisher chooses to compare for an article/blog. Ford does not reach out to Motor Trend or C&D to say, "we don't want to you to compare the GT500 to _______. It's not a conspiracy. Also, please let hotflash, hotlapse or whatever his screen name is, that saying the following...

Many believe the Chevy has the best performance product money can buy but the public doesn't know it.
...is simply not true. The public is very aware of the performance/cost related to the Camaro, they just don't have any interest in buying the car despite the numbers. I guess it's just easier to blame poor sales on the GM marketing team rather than the total package being offered.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Would someone please let the folks over at the C6 Camaro site know that Ford has no control over what vehicles a publisher chooses to compare for an article/blog. Ford does not reach out to Motor Trend or C&D to say, "we don't want to you to compare the GT500 to _______. It's not a conspiracy. Also, please let hotflash, hotlapse or whatever his screen name is, that saying the following...

...is simply not true. The public is very aware of the performance/cost related to the Camaro, they just don't have any interest in buying the car despite the numbers. I guess it's just easier to blame poor sales on the GM marketing team rather than the total package being offered.
Every forum has people that love to come up with conspiracies (*cough* Randy P sandbagging Fords on purpose *cough*), but most of them are just tongue and cheek about it because of the latest GT500 "comparison" article featuring an AWD unicorn Subaru.

And there is merit to the performance/cost argument considering a SS 1LE will beat a regular GT350, variants of the M3/4 and can run with a R on some tracks driver to driver. Marketing is one part of the equation, but Ford does seem to market their cars much more. When is the last time you've seen one of those terrible Chevy commercials strictly about the Camaro? They are always the stupid "real people" crap about their trucks, SUVs and Malibus. I agree though that there is more to the story. The poor visibility and cramped cabin are big one. Plus the Chevy shoppers have two choices for sports cars where Ford just has Mustang variants.

Why don't you sign up and tell them?

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Every forum has people that love to come up with conspiracies (*cough* Randy P sandbagging Fords on purpose *cough*), but most of them are just tongue and cheek about it because of the latest GT500 "comparison" article featuring an AWD unicorn Subaru.

And there is merit to the performance/cost argument considering a SS 1LE will beat a regular GT350, variants of the M3/4 and can run with a R on some tracks driver to driver. Marketing is one part of the equation, but Ford does seem to market their cars much more. When is the last time you've seen one of those terrible Chevy commercials strictly about the Camaro? They are always the stupid "real people" crap about their trucks, SUVs and Malibus. I agree though that there is more to the story. The poor visibility and cramped cabin are big one. Plus the Chevy shoppers have two choices for sports cars where Ford just has Mustang variants.

Why don't you sign up and tell them?
While I do believe the SS 1LE would hang with a 2015-2018 GT350, it will not beat the updated 2019 GT350, nor will it run with a 2020R on any track.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
While I do believe the SS 1LE would hang with a 2015-2018 GT350, it will not beat the updated 2019 GT350, nor will it run with a 2020R on any track.
I won't go any further as we won't change either of our minds, but just the fact you admit the bolded wins the value per performance dollar fight by quite a margin.

Edit: Especially for what those cars could be bought for in real world money during those years.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The reality is very few people buy cars because it ran a great lap time at the track. As much as people love to magazine race and think this is the most important metric.

It's not.

I personally know lots of people in the last 10 years who have sold their sports cars for CUV's, SUV's, trucks, Wranglers, and Tesla sedans. If you look at the overall sales trends for Mustangs, Camaro's, etc you can see many people with money are doing this.

The Camaro design is more polarizing than a Mustang or Challenger and I suspect that's why people would still pick a GT350, or a PP1/PP2 Mustang even if the Camaro has the more impressive track numbers.

The Challenger continues to remain relevant with an ancient platform because it has lots of room and space and is comfortable and the retro design.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I won't go any further as we won't change either of our minds, but just the fact you admit the bolded wins the value per performance dollar fight by quite a margin.

Edit: Especially for what those cars could be bought for in real world money during those years.
I've never disagreed with the bolded. Best bang for your buck hands down.

And not that it would change your mind, but be aware the 2019 GT350 and 2020 GT350R received updates updates that improved their performance.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I've never disagreed with the bolded. Best bang for your buck hands down.

And not that it would change your mind, but be aware the 2019 GT350 and 2020 GT350R received updates updates that improved their performance.
Didn’t they also get a $5000 price increase?
Sponsored