Rant about dealership repair

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
So I take my 2019 GT to the dealership for the TSB repair for the chirping. I also noticed some paint bubbling under my hood.
They had the car two weeks to do the TSB repair, then ford says to repair the paint they have to replace the hood
I go check on it at the body shop, it’s sitting outside and covered in dirt. It bothered me so much I asked to bring it home while they wait on the hood. As soon as I get it home I check under the car and the belly pan is broken and missing screws. My from splitter is scratched and there is this blue stuff by the timing chain cover. Also there are various missing clips. Oh and I found a screw in my rear tire PS4 with 8k miles. WTF
This is the dealership I bought the car from and they are a big sponsor of the Mustang club here in OKC.

How do I handle this, rational or go off on them?
Sponsored

CBDickens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Magnetic
Always be rational. Never let emotions get the best of you.

Approach the service manager and let them know what you told us and ask for a resolution.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
I just don’t understand, why can’t the service techs take care and do what they should instead of being lazy or half ass. I guess I have better work ethic??

gnatsuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
In every job you have those who don't want to be there or do their job half ass'd or just don't care. Just as the opposite in any job, you have the really great ppl who take pride in their work, love their job and do the best they can. The service techs are no different than than those in any other job. Perhaps you just got some scrub techs that day. Maybe next time you'll get the good guys.

Definitely be rational, but also start the strike counter. For me I use the three strike rule unless it's major. Looking for a new dealership for service myself right now (bought the service package) after 3 strikes.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well... I’m gonna say it and you may not want to hear it, but at this point it may be your word against theirs... and this is why:

You elected to take the car home; once you drove off the lot, they can say that the damages and missing parts were not their doing and that it could have happened after the car left the lot.

Obviously you know that’s not true, but again since the car wasn’t looked over and you didn’t make anyone aware of the concerns before leaving, they could give you a hard time over who’s responsible for making it right.

How to handle it:
Screaming, yelling, cussing and calling names won’t get you anywhere fast. I’d talk to the Service Writer, explain the situation and take him to the car to point out all of your concerns. Just explain when you brought the car there, it wasn’t in the condition as you had received it back. Tell him you want the major items addressed and fixed - and go from there. IF he tries to pull the “that could have happened anywhere” card then politely let him know you’ll be calling the Ford 800# to open a claim.

——
The nail in the tire.... that’s far fetched that it was THEIR fault. I mean seriously and all other concerns aside, THAT nail could have been picked up anywhere along the route to the dealer and/or back to your home. The Dealership is definitely not going to repair that for you. It’s going to be out of pocket cost unless you have some type of tire warranty that covers tread wear puncture incidents.

——
Future recommendation to ANYONE dropping their car off for service:

Everyone has a phone with a built in camera that dates and time stamps pics. Take pictures (front, sides, rear, wheel surfaces and interior) on THEIR lot (if you can, capture the dealership name or Ford logo in pics). This will prove the condition of the car as you left it in their possession. Always go over the entire car when you go to pick it up from service. IF you get the car back and there’s damages or missing parts, take pics of the concerns - then immediately go back inside ask for the on duty Dealership GM, present the before/after pics and work out resolution.

Sponsored

CBDickens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Magnetic
Everyone has a phone with a built in camera that dates and time stamps pics. Take pictures (front, sides, rear, wheel surfaces and interior) on THEIR lot (if you can, capture the dealership name or Ford logo in pics). This will prove the condition of the car as you left it in their possession. Always go over the entire car when you go to pick it up from service. IF you get the car back and there’s damages or missing parts, take pics of the concerns - then immediately go back inside ask for the on duty Dealership GM, present the before/after pics and work out resolution.
Excellent advice.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I always give them the honey first. If that doesn't work, they're getting the vinegar!

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
I took the car to the track the Sunday before dropping it off, there was no nail in the tire.
When I took it home I noticed the pressure was low and checked the next morning and there it was.
Honestly I just want them to make it right if I can get them too, if not I will go to another...
Sponsored