Sponsored

What can I do as a customer @ a Ford dealership for warranty repairs taking 4-6 weeks?

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Im going on 1 month with my car in the shop as well. My car has been at the dealer since the 28th of december. They couldnt get my car in until the 4th of Jan. And now im waiting for a motor ( small block). The dealer told me they didnt have any loaners, plus my warranty would cover the rental once it took on the job. Which it didnt cover due to it being supercharged. The dealer also said it would take a week to do the work once they had the plan but as of last thursday they are still waiting for the motor... And this was my daily..
Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Im going on 1 month with my car in the shop as well. My car has been at the dealer since the 28th of december. They couldnt get my car in until the 4th of Jan. And now im waiting for a motor ( small block). The dealer told me they didnt have any loaners, plus my warranty would cover the rental once it took on the job. Which it didnt cover due to it being supercharged. The dealer also said it would take a week to do the work once they had the plan but as of last thursday they are still waiting for the motor... And this was my daily..
Ouch... i feel your pain. So you have to pay for small block?

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Short story... Me and the general manager at the dealer are friends. I've bought a few cars from him. He (dealer) will pay for the motor and cover half the labor, and i pay for half labor

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Short story... Me and the general manager at the dealer are friends. I've bought a few cars from him. He (dealer) will pay for the motor and cover half the labor, and i pay for half labor
seems like a pretty good deal.

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Call corporate and put a claim in. The service district manager will call you and he'll work with you by calling the dealership and see what's taking so long and help you through the process. I did this twice when it came to warranty repairs and both times it worked in my favor. Got a free alignment, replaced cluster gauges, roof liner, and repaired jammed seat lever. Also paid for my rental for 2 weeks.

Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Call corporate and put a claim in. The service district manager will call you and he'll work with you by calling the dealership and see what's taking so long and help you through the process. I did this twice when it came to warranty repairs and both times it worked in my favor. Got a free alignment, replaced cluster gauges, roof liner, and repaired jammed seat lever. Also paid for my rental for 2 weeks.
from what he is saying the dealer is doing a massive favor by paying for most of this since it was sc'd - and could be 100% denied. if it were me id keep my mouth shut and wait. but thats just me.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
from what he is saying the dealer is doing a massive favor by paying for most of this since it was sc'd - and could be 100% denied. if it were me id keep my mouth shut and wait. but thats just me.
Yeah the claim was gonna get denied due to the state of the car. F'd up part was i had asked when buying the car if the warranty they offered would cover the car as is off the lot, (which was supercharged to start). Thats why i bought it, even though i still had the factory warranty still. Either way i dont feel like i got a raw deal after what they are offering. Of course paying nothing is the goal, but i feel like they are trying to make it right.

Reactions: Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the claim was gonna get denied due to the state of the car. F'd up part was i had asked when buying the car if the warranty they offered would cover the car as is off the lot, (which was supercharged to start). Thats why i bought it, even though i still had the factory warranty still. Either way i dont feel like i got a raw deal after what they are offering. Of course paying nothing is the goal, but i feel like they are trying to make it right.
if its same dealer thats a little different. wonder why they are going back on being 100% covered. Still this is better than 0. Good luck... My long block is being put in now...
Sponsored