Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

As a noob to the Mustang brand I would like to ask if one of the knowledgable members could help decode some of the common terms used for the various options available

For example I have seen reference to a GT V8 and GT V8 Premium. I have not seen any reference to the premium in the ford UK site so I am assuming this is a US option

I also think I have figured that the GT350 and GT500 are US models.

What I would like to learn is

What is different about the GT350, why is it called 350?
Same for the GT500

Whats this premium thing etc.

So a really useful post would be a list of the models followed by a brief description of the specs or special features and if it is a UK or US model.
Also any major differences between the UK and US models for those that are available in both markets.

Would someone be willing to do a post with this information for those noobs amongst us?

Many thanks

Nev
Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi

As a noob to the Mustang brand I would like to ask if one of the knowledgable members could help decode some of the common terms used for the various options available

For example I have seen reference to a GT V8 and GT V8 Premium. I have not seen any reference to the premium in the ford UK site so I am assuming this is a US option

I also think I have figured that the GT350 and GT500 are US models.

What I would like to learn is

What is different about the GT350, why is it called 350?
Same for the GT500

Whats this premium thing etc.

So a really useful post would be a list of the models followed by a brief description of the specs or special features and if it is a UK or US model.
Also any major differences between the UK and US models for those that are available in both markets.

Would someone be willing to do a post with this information for those noobs amongst us?

Many thanks

Nev
went to the Shelby musem in vegas a cpl months back and the tour guide said that the GT350 is names that cos it was 350 feet between the building they were in at the time and the next. Shelby didn't like any of the names being suggested so he went with that. apparently.

i lost track of what models/features were available when i bough mine 3 years ago so can't be much help. but luckily/unluckily, us brits get a limited list of options so there isn't a lot of difference,

if you're talking pre-2018 model, then there were a handful of options we could have, heated/cooled seats, shaker sound system/nav and silver/black wheels. the "custom pack" combined all of them. they're generally all considered premium as they have the brembo brakes etc. 2017-2018 got an upgraded radio (sync3) which is well worth it. there was also a brief period (i think may2017) where the tax was a bargain.

post-2018 i'm not sure, magnaride suspension and recaros are the two extra options that stick out for me, we got the digital dash in all of them whereas the americans it's an option. this is a whole different beast though as the cost skyrocketed, it's definitely more car, but far less of a bargain than the early ones were.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
All UK models are Premium, no option in UK for base model

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
G’day Nev
The RHD export versions for UK, Australia, NZ and South Africa seem to be the same spec which is equivalent to the US GT Premium. We don’t get their base models with smaller dash screen, smaller wheels, less performance specs etc.

The GT350 has always been the “souped up” version of the GT, and is US only. A very capable flat plan crank 5.2l engine and different manual gearbox, with an “R” track oriented version as well.

The GT500 is the Supercharged big brother of the family, now with a cross plane crank 5.2 supercharged engine and aero upgrades.

Lots of info available for noobs on the net, get trawling!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Try www.ford.co.uk and look in the section on Mustang and the price list / brochure. Most of your spec questions are there.

Rest of the world doesn't really help you as UK RHD spec is pretty unique with limited options. We do get some of the US premium spec items but not all.

Lots of options in US spec - again look at www.ford.com this time to see US car options (You may need to put in a random zip code)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nevyn

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies so far

This is useful

I love those stories about how names come about and the 350 feet between buildings is a classic.

Another term I've seen used is S550. What does this relate to?

I think what I'll do is let this thread run with people chipping in what they know and then create a listing and post it as a separate post for future noobs.

I am taking delivery of my 2019 V8 GT on Saturday.
I have the custom pack 2 and Magnaride selected.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Thanks for the replies so far

This is useful

I love those stories about how names come about and the 350 feet between buildings is a classic.

Another term I've seen used is S550. What does this relate to?

I think what I'll do is let this thread run with people chipping in what they know and then create a listing and post it as a separate post for future noobs.

I am taking delivery of my 2019 V8 GT on Saturday.
I have the custom pack 2 and Magnaride selected.
S550 is the Ford Model number

It's Magneride with an e by the way

OP
OP
Nevyn

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
S550 is the Ford Model number

It's Magneride with an e by the way
Aha. Model number. Thanks.
And Magneride. The e makes sense when I think about it. Thanks for the correction.

every day is a school day.

nev.
Sponsored