Sponsored

Lethal Performance Tech Tips Tuesday FEATURING 2020 GT500

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Jared rides with Billy Johnson from Ford Performance & chats with him (as well as some Tremec guys) about the transmission, tuning & performance of the new 2020 Shelby GT500. They cover the performance aspects, details like the carbon fiber wheels & even which mode to put the car in for the fastest 1/4 mile times (and why!). Check it out.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Just watched it.
Thank you.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Don't know where to put this but maybe Lethal Performance or even Billy J. has some information to add. Checkout the 45:30 mark.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Blowing engines hmm that seems fishy it’s really hard to fathom that they would go to production with an engine issue

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Thanks for that Jared.

I wondered about the exhaust pop I'd hear on some of the cars under full throttle acceleration but not others (more at the 12:30 mark). It was great to get the skinny directly from the pair from Tremec that were embedded with Ford engineers throughout development. Sharp guys that explained it better than anyone else to date. Good stuff.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Don't know where to put this but maybe Lethal Performance or even Billy J. has some information to add. Checkout the 45:30 mark.

This why *****chebag fits him.
1- did inhear him say changing a CAI without a retune is what blew that dudes motor? Im gonna go back and listen to what he says and find some backstory, but unless the sensors were changed, or some new tech im unaware of.. hes talking BS.

Second, an "insider " told him that.. what else has this insider told him? Nothing. He has 0 information up until now. No leaked pics, no dynos no specs.. but we should believe motors are popping left and right when we (I) just saw 10 cars get thrashed from head to toe over a week by 200 different people, back to back?
Yea, no. Sorry yolodbag.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Don't know where to put this maybe Lethal Performance or even Billy J. has some information to add. Checkout the 45:30 mark.

1- did inhear him say changing a CAI without a retune is what blew that dudes motor? Im gonna go back and listen to what he says and find some backstory, but unless the sensors were changed, or some new tech im unaware of.. hes talking BS.

Second, an "insider " told him that.. what else has this insider told him? Nothing. He has 0 information up until now. No leaked pics, no dynos no specs.. but we should believe motors are popping left and right when we (I) just saw 10 cars get thrashed from head to toe over a week by 200 different people, back to back?
Yea, no. Sorry yolodbag.
Exactly. I think he was trying to generate traffic to his channel. It worked I guess. Next we'll be hearing about heat soak, limp mode or something else from him.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Depending on the CAI and how the car was driven, it's very possible. Different CAI's have different sensor positions and that can affect how the tune has to be written.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I feel like at 28:45 Jared was starting to get the willies haha. I'm not the greatest passenger either on track.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Thanks for that Jared.

I wondered about the exhaust pop I'd hear on some of the cars under full throttle acceleration but not others (more at the 12:30 mark). It was great to get the skinny directly from the pair from Tremec that were embedded with Ford engineers throughout development. Sharp guys that explained it better than anyone else to date. Good stuff.
Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the great feedback.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I feel like at 28:45 Jared was starting to get the willies haha. I'm not the greatest passenger either on track.
I was getting tossed all over the car. I was holding my Iphone filming and thought for sure it would come out horrible. Thankfully that new Iphone has some good image stabilization to it. lol

Can't wait for our car to show up and have Billy teach me how to drive.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Can't wait for our car to show up and have Billy teach me how to drive.
That's a helluva deal, Jared, having a top-notch instructor there to teach you the ropes. I imagine there are more than a few here who are quite envious of you. :-)

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Depending on the CAI and how the car was driven, it's very possible. Different CAI's have different sensor positions and that can affect how the tune has to be written.
I **may** be wrong, but changing the position itself should not affect anything. swapping a different sensor, would of course, but forward or back a few inches, up or down? no. Ill look into when i have time

additionally, if the voltage didnt actually change, the added air should easily be accounted for in any tune. same thing as when its hot or cold out and the air is more or less dense. if 1-2psi swing is what it take to do damage, you certainly have a hot tune

*** edit** i should say im not anti Lund, i have 0 tunes from him, and have friends that are happy with their service, and friends not so happy- as with any tuner- no one is infallible or free from negative publicity. What turned me away was the attitude and arrogance in which i was spoken to- and im not alone going by some of the other comments he read aloud in that clip. How did he know the other guys fans were a mechanical issue and not tune related, theres no settings for fan activation in there? Had time to read the message, coulda at least taken the 1 minute to respond with something.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
welp, i was wrong. seems the 18/19s are retarded, some intakes do require a tune.
Sponsored