Boosted 350's come on in!

Paperdude2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2018 Range Rover
I have a Whipple 3.750 pulley available that I had installed, practically new. Maybe put 500 miles on it before swapping it out.

A nice set of long tube headers and one size smaller pulley should net you 800/550+.

I'd say that's close. I was charged $800 in labor for the OPG + Sprocket install. If I'm not mistaken I was quoted around $1100 - $1200 for the Whipple install, though I had already planned on installing myself.
That’s what I’m thinking to do in the Spring. Going to be snowing here in Western Wisconsin any day now. I have the dyno graph which I will try to upload. It was a very conservative tune and I put 250 miles on it today. What a blast !
Sponsored

Attachments

Paperdude2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2018 Range Rover
anyone know if ford/dealers will deny a/c repair (say evaporator core) under warranty if you have a blower?
It should be covered as long as evaporator core has not been starved of cooling air flow due to inter cooler heat exchanger position.

Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Best value kit and type for 750 hp or so?
Honestly, any "tuner" style forced induction kit will run you between $6000 to $9000. By tuner I mean, a base kit with you needing to purchase injectors, spark plugs, tuning device, & tune separately. I'm sure any of these kits will net you a minimum 750 hp (650 whp).

Edelbrock Supercharger $6k
Hellion Twin Turbo Sleeper $7k
Procharger Supercharger $7k
Vortech Supercharger $7k
Whipple Gen 4 Supercharger $8k (Gen 5 $8.4k)
Hellion Twin Turbo Top Mount $9.4k

Complete Kits that come with just about everything you need including injectors, tuning device and a box tune will run you from $7,500 to $10,000. Though I recommend using a custom tune.

Vortech $7.5k
Procharger $8.4k
Hellion Twin Turbo Sleeper $8.4k
Whipple Gen 4 Supercharger $8.6k (Gen 5 $9.1k)
Hellion twin Turbo Top Mount $10k

I grabbed my Whipple Gen 4 Complete Kit for $7.5k during one of Lethal Performance's sales. I'd call them to get a full run down on which kits have occasional sales because not all of them do. So your question of whats the best value and type? It all depends on sales of these kits that will net you the best value, but taking just standard MSRP into account without the discounted price, I guess the Vortech Kit with the Procharger and Hellion Sleeper at a very close 2nd as far as Complete Kits go. Edelbrock seems to be the lowest cost for the Tuner Kits, but I haven't heard about anyone running one on our cars.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Honestly, any "tuner" style forced induction kit will run you between $6000 to $9000. By tuner I mean, a base kit with you needing to purchase injectors, spark plugs, tuning device, & tune separately. I'm sure any of these kits will net you a minimum 750 hp (650 whp).

Edelbrock Supercharger $6k
Hellion Twin Turbo Sleeper $7k
Procharger Supercharger $7k
Vortech Supercharger $7k
Whipple Gen 4 Supercharger $8k (Gen 5 $8.4k)
Hellion Twin Turbo Top Mount $9.4k

Complete Kits that come with just about everything you need including injectors, tuning device and a box tune will run you from $7,500 to $10,000. Though I recommend using a custom tune.

Vortech $7.5k
Procharger $8.4k
Hellion Twin Turbo Sleeper $8.4k
Whipple Gen 4 Supercharger $8.6k (Gen 5 $9.1k)
Hellion twin Turbo Top Mount $10k

I grabbed my Whipple Gen 4 Complete Kit for $7.5k during one of Lethal Performance's sales. I'd call them to get a full run down on which kits have occasional sales because not all of them do. So your question of whats the best value and type? It all depends on sales of these kits that will net you the best value, but taking just standard MSRP into account without the discounted price, I guess the Vortech Kit with the Procharger and Hellion Sleeper at a very close 2nd as far as Complete Kits go. Edelbrock seems to be the lowest cost for the Tuner Kits, but I haven't heard about anyone running one on our cars.
been searching but can’t get a clear answer... turbo or Whipple? Just basics says throttle response is best on the SC and heat and mpg better on the turbo... so many choices... just trying to think all of the details through before I start making plans

Is there an improvement on mpg for both at cruising speeds?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
been searching but can’t get a clear answer... turbo or Whipple? Just basics says throttle response is best on the SC and heat and mpg better on the turbo... so many choices... just trying to think all of the details through before I start making plans

Is there an improvement on mpg for both at cruising speeds?
Droopy,......check out this channel for some awesome content.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FathouseFabrications/videos

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I’ve seen that channel and think they are a bit overpriced when looking at the Hellion kit. Coming from boosted VWs and audis (both sc and tc) trying to figure out what’s best for drivability, durability, and value.
IMO that's a supercharger, but I'm bias :) I daily mine, and it drives just like stock under everyday driving conditions. I have logged about 11k miles with the blower attached. Like I said earlier, if you catch a 15% off sale on any of those kits, that's your best bet towards the value side.

Sponsored

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
IMO that's a supercharger, but I'm bias :) I daily mine, and it drives just like stock under everyday driving conditions. I have logged about 11k miles with the blower attached. Like I said earlier, if you catch a 15% off sale on any of those kits, that's your best bet towards the value side.
it’s probably my best bet when thinking about passing emissions as well

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone near Brenspeed in Indiana, they got a pretty sweet deal going on for Black Friday, I just got the quote today. Not affiliated in anyway, just passing along, everything out the door for $10.5k and that includes OPGs and crank sprocket and the new Gen 5 Whipple (15% off). All labor is 30% off...

Screenshot (6).png

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
yeah i have been keeping my eye out for prices on parts and labor and the brenspeed quote is about as good as i've seen anywhere, maybe the best. i think fatfab is also in Indiana. pretty sweet to have 2 great shelby shops in the roughly same area (for those who live around there).
Sponsored