Anyone run those cheapo Headers?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Getting a new short block trying to eliminate all sources of previous failures from spark plugs to boost ( stepping back from 14 to 11psi) and the cats which I believe may have been compromised on first gas down of first engine.....
I have a cat back was looking at either cat deletes or slipping cheapo headers in there while engine is out....anything has to be better than cats...it will then be 1 7/8 and mandrel 3inch all the way to the tips that should alleviate any back pressure related issues....really want to be able to just smash my car now and then without blowing up....not worried about every last horsepower.....

Thanks

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/173990002102
Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thousands of people run those cheap headers and are fine. Up to you if you want to risk it. I'm on the fence for the Texas Speed with the fake cats for visual inspections or one of the high end brands. Depends on what I do with the blower and how much money I have at the time.

For the risk, the Hp gain isn't worth it to me to risk it with the ebay brands. I refuse to be on my back for hours fighting with a set of headers that might not fit well. I'm also very lazy when it comes to mods so there is no extra energy for doing something twice.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
The engine will be out when done I presume they leave it a few inches off the mounts and pull even the stock ones up and bolt but you are DAMN right I'm to old and gimped up to lay on my back fighting headers....
I dont care zero about power just making sure ALL the exhaust is evacuated the blower is stuffing in after a blow up so that I coming intake charge isnt diluted with combusted air from the previous combustion event aka detonation.....zero about power all about safety of engine....but if they have to be beat into place I'm sure the tech doing it isnt gonna want any part of that then its just cat deletes cause they ARE definitely coming off before I WOT the 3rd engine

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I mean maybe I'm looking at the side that has to be cut for cat deletes but I'm wondering how many shops will even look at that and think they have the room to do it? Like I said zero about power gain I'm just not sure the cats are flowing enough for the power st the top of the rpm band full boost....

Sponsored

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP
I'm currently using the speed daddy headers. They're one of the cheapest on the market.
The only problem I've encountered with them is they rub the steering shaft. Take an extra 2/3 minutes and slightly dent it, and you wont have a problem.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX (Maximizer) headers here and they are build just like any of the top brands at half the cost.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
OBX (Maximizer) headers here and they are build just like any of the top brands at half the cost.
Thx bud gotta link? Did you have to clearance for steering shaft?

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have OBX longtubes on my F150. 7 years later and they're still fine. I'm still not sure I'd go through the hassle for such a pita job on the S550.

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
check ebay, I bought mine on Black Friday and they were 430.00 a while back Catless with small resonators. You can move the motor to get clearance, I just tapped the pipe for reassurance.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have OBX longtubes on my F150. 7 years later and they're still fine. I'm still not sure I'd go through the hassle for such a pita job on the S550.
S550 is no where near the difficulty of the 1968 Mustang with a 428:) There are worse years.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Well the short block will be changed at same time surely that would make it cake?
Anyone got a photo of where your clearancing them?
Sponsored