Sponsored

2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Sorry Voodoo, I respect you a lot but get prepared for the YT guys to not slip and get the cars before guys who had the orders in earlier, had earlier vins and earlier build dates.

None of it will matter, they want those guys posting all the good stuff on YT.
In the grand scheme of things, Their rep would hurt more when a ton of actual buyers are pushed further back in order to placate to the 14-20 year olds across the world that watch YT / not even remotely possible for them to attain one. and the orest of the potential buyers are made aware Ford is willing to do that. Hell, your contemplating a different car just because yours isnt scheduled yet, and youve been bumped by a YT'r

if its an option specific hold up, i get it. those that can be built should. But if its across the whole line, restructuring the build schedule would piss me off terribly, and I would make it known. I was lucky enough to get in early. had a deal before any of the YT's even fathomed buying one, $$ put down, order was in the minute available, and reps were talked to. My efforts did not go unrewarded. BAD PR if they dont keep the sequence
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Again, solid logic, V., and I hope Ford is as attentive as we surmise but I always fall back on, "Follow the money." Problem is, we don't have the data for either course so it's essentially impossible to know. I have certainly worked for large corporations and I know how they can do foolish things, all in the name of the big buck. The pressure up there must be pretty high as well and that has to be affecting the workforce. That part I don't like for sure.

Anyway, I truly hope your guess is correct and the build schedule does not get rearranged.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
given the tiny bit of info that is out there, the current dates even with delays, i dont think they are playing that game. I was merely saying I WOULD be pissed

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I just wonder when production will actually start and what is going to happen to those that had November build dates originally at the time when guys like me still had an early October date. Im curious if some will get pushed into the spring production run.
Production has been going on for a couple of weeks, but only the 0001 car and Factory orders have been built or are in production.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Haven't been able to make a deposit yet, but the car I have my eye on (if the dealer will get back to me) is scheduled for the week of Nov 25, Ford Performance said it's one of the last ones to be made this year. So if any start getting pushed to spring, I figure I'll be the canary in the coal mine.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Haven't been able to make a deposit yet, but the car I have my eye on (if the dealer will get back to me) is scheduled for the week of Nov 25, Ford Performance said it's one of the last ones to be made this year. So if any start getting pushed to spring, I figure I'll be the canary in the coal mine.
Hope you get your deal worked out!

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
I am in the ‘MMC’ but am wondering what the odds are of actually getting the cars in March/April are if they resume production in the ‘spring’.

A lot of grey area here that I am hoping some of the more experienced members can answer so I can get a better idea.

- how long to build a GT500 start to finish?
- how many per week roll off the line?

Assuming they are building 5,000 this MY they better put that line in hyper-drive.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Ford seemed like they got a late start to begin with on the GT500. With the delays and winter shutdown I wonder how they can get to 5000 before the end of the model year. The bulk of the cars will need to be made in the spring and summer.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I had a build day originally but I've since been pushed back 3 times now.

Im VIN 0723

I had a build week of 10/07, then a build day of 10/09, then got pushed back to 10/14, then 10/28 when I had called last week and I just called today and now Im pushed to 11/11 :( Im starting to really get worried! This sure is pushing it close to when they shut down the production of these cars. I don't want my car sitting on a lot all winter in the snow!
So I replied yesterday how our cars were going hand in hand but I was still 10/30,,,,,,,,,, I just called, 11/11 week 11/13 day.

Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
So I replied yesterday how our cars were going hand in hand but I was still 10/30,,,,,,,,,, I just called, 11/11 week 11/13 day.
Same here. I just called FP and I've been pushed again. Originally week of 10/14, then to day of 10/29, now back to week of 11/11.

Looks like we have about a 2-3 week buffer before we're pushed into the March Mustang Club. lol!

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
If you are expecting or wanting your car this fall, call! If you can get ahold of your dealer ask him to check the production date, I just called and now a 11/11 week 11/15 day. That’s 5 weeks or a bump from original build day. So unless Ford has some plan, that order might be a spring delivery. .

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I just heard that the latest build week is 12/2. It looks like they are going to try to build up to the Christmas holiday shutdown, weather permitting.

Last edited:

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I just heard that the latest build week is 12/1. It looks like they are going to try to build up to the Christmas holiday shutdown, weather permitting.
This makes me wonder if we've been misinformed about them completely stopping production on ALL GT500s? The Cup 2 tires are far more unforgiving compared to the PS4S in cold weather.

Maybe they will produce non CFTP 500's throughout the winter, much like Ford has done with the GT350's? As far as I know, they continued to build non R cars through the winter months, just not the R.

My GT350 was built right before Christmas (it was not an R).
Sponsored