Replacement Battery

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Any recommendations for a replacement battery for the Aussie Mustangs ? mine is about shot after 3xyears need something with a bit more power than the stock that will fit the Mustang !
Sponsored

pharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Ruby Red - MY17
Anyone have suggestions now on Aussie options for battery replacement, as Spike originally asked, something with a higher CCA

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Anyone have suggestions now on Aussie options for battery replacement, as Spike originally asked, something with a higher CCA
Good Australian brand Century list two suitable for the 5.0 litre. Ultra High Performance and High Performance. Their website has a vehicle finder.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Might want to give antigravity a look see plus see if they ship there. They are lithium battery’s so quite a bit more expensive but their longevity balances out the cost. Absolutely love mine and it’s 1500 CCA.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
No. If you need a trickle charger it would need to be lithium specific. The one I have has built in protection with the ability to jump start itself if the battery ran low running things while the car isn’t running. That has never happened. Longest my car sat was 3 weeks before starting again with no trickle charger. Started like it was yesterday. My battery is in the trunk (boot?) so it has a much longer cable for starting.

F7753B98-180E-42E3-8217-F52802451F0E.jpeg

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh cool.

I'm not sure if we can relocate batteries here in aus or if it's an issue insurance etc will go after you for...

How come you relocated to boot? Is it bc (looking at the pic) the lithium has other ancillary stuff it needs which means it cant fit in oem location? (i really have no knowledge on this stuff)

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
No that’s just my setup and it was initially where I moved the stock battery just for weight bias. You can easily put that battery in the stock position with the stock hold down. It’s just slightly taller than stock but the oem cover goes over it.

pharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Ruby Red - MY17
After looking at Century options and a few others, have decided on another Australian company, SSB (Super Start Batteries) SS55TI, this should be similar to what some do in the US with the X Power D4700.

Direct replacement would be the SS55 600CCA, but the SS55TI is slightly taller (but as others have mentioned in the US re D4700, will fit with no modifications to the carrier/cover) but the SS55TI is 775CCA and AGM.

Battery should arrive next week

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
My original battery just died and I went looking at the Century batteries site. The DIN53LX MF at 600CCA looked like the unit for the job - but no stock anywhere in WA! They could get some from Brisbane and it'd be here in a couple of weeks - excellent - not! Supercheap's price was $306 and Perth Pro had them for $259 - when they could get stock.

I desperation, I rang Ford - expecting the usual horrific price. When she said they could get one in later that day for $160, I said "are you sure about that price?". Anyway, true to their word, it was waiting for me later that day for $160 and it is 600CCA (or was it 590CCA like the original? - can't remember).

Fitted it, and all is good (so far). I'm expecting that it must be at least fair quality, and at that price with a 2 year warranty (whatever battery warranties are worth), I don't reckon I can go wrong.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
My original battery just died and I went looking at the Century batteries site. The DIN53LX MF at 600CCA looked like the unit for the job - but no stock anywhere in WA! They could get some from Brisbane and it'd be here in a couple of weeks - excellent - not! Supercheap's price was $306 and Perth Pro had them for $259 - when they could get stock.

I desperation, I rang Ford - expecting the usual horrific price. When she said they could get one in later that day for $160, I said "are you sure about that price?". Anyway, true to their word, it was waiting for me later that day for $160 and it is 600CCA (or was it 590CCA like the original? - can't remember).

Fitted it, and all is good (so far). I'm expecting that it must be at least fair quality, and at that price with a 2 year warranty (whatever battery warranties are worth), I don't reckon I can go wrong.
So Ian, was the one Ford supplied the same Century battery at half rrp!

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
So Ian, was the one Ford supplied the same Century battery at half rrp!
oh no - a Motorcraft battery made in the Philipines (not that I know where the Century batteries are made)

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Tota
oh no - a Motorcraft battery made in the Philipines (not that I know where the Century batteries are made)
Totally made at Carole Park in Brisbane I believe.

scollist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback, 1965 Fastback
I checked with my Ford dealership recently in Berwick VIC and they quoted about $219 for a replacement at least 590CCA. And they told me Ford Aus have just changed brand to use Century. (didn't need one as I got my OEM one working again so didn't actually see a battery.)

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Tota

Totally made at Carole Park in Brisbane I believe.
Definitely has Made in the Philipines on it.
Sponsored