eBay Euro Tailights

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
S550euros quoted me 795 , after doing some research i figured they were selling vland. I found the 2 mode vland version on ebay. Seller had them listed at 468 and i made an offer and he accepted. Package was delivered in 4 days
2019-08-19 05.11.24 1.jpg
Do you have more pictures! I have a black mustang also and this looks stunning. Just need more angles.
Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Can you dumb down how the process works for wiring the third brake light to the taillights? Im too stoopid to understand haha. I actually just ordered these and I'm anticipating to install them.

Are the third brake lights the ones at the top of the rear window or the reverse light by the exhausts. I think I'm getting them confused cause some people have a diodedynamics mod that allows the reverse lights to light up red when they brake.

Anything helps! Thanks.
3rd brake light is the one mounted above the rear window. You can convert the reverse light to a "4th" brake light.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Can you dumb down how the process works for wiring the third brake light to the taillights? Im too stoopid to understand haha. I actually just ordered these and I'm anticipating to install them.

Are the third brake lights the ones at the top of the rear window or the reverse light by the exhausts. I think I'm getting them confused cause some people have a diodedynamics mod that allows the reverse lights to light up red when they brake.

Anything helps! Thanks.
if you look at murder5.0's instagram he has pictures of the clear ones

https://www.instagram.com/murder5.0/

The tail lights themselves have a harness that plug into the car. Part of that harness has a wire for the connection to the third brake light.

The wire that goes tot he third brake light has 2 ends, one for the left, and one for the right tail light. Then the other end piggybacks onto the third brake light. You plug in the original third brake light wire to the wire that connects to the tail lights, and then plug that into the actual third brake light itself.

alex9j4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost

Anything helps! Thanks.
Like some other guys said the 3rd light is the one in the roof.

As far as the wiring route I was confused at first, but I found a easy and clean path.

1) pull down the back of the headliner (held on by magnets) attach the piggy back plug.

2 ) pull off the plastic pillar located to the rear that runs off the quarter window to the back seat (just yank the top edge they are clipped in)

3) run the wire down the Piller to the top of the rear seat, pull off the plastic covering the seat belt port and route the wire through there into the trunk.

4) run the wire through the grey trunk liner and then into the plastic panel that you have to unscrew to remove the tail lights. Connect to the one side and run behind it to the next.

Hope this helps anyone doing the process.

Sponsored

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
Like some other guys said the 3rd light is the one in the roof.

As far as the wiring route I was confused at first, but I found a easy and clean path.

1) pull down the back of the headliner (held on by magnets) attach the piggy back plug.

2 ) pull off the plastic pillar located to the rear that runs off the quarter window to the back seat (just yank the top edge they are clipped in)

3) run the wire down the Piller to the top of the rear seat, pull off the plastic covering the seat belt port and route the wire through there into the trunk.

4) run the wire through the grey trunk liner and then into the plastic panel that you have to unscrew to remove the tail lights. Connect to the one side and run behind it to the next.

Hope this helps anyone doing the process.
Thanks I understand this but idk exactly how to attach the piggy black plug. Like how to connect the black plugs to the third brake light, there's 2. Somehow I got all the way here. Installing it was easier than imagined.

So like right in the middle what exactly do I do? Am I supposed to connect anything to that red box thing? Also in the image of the trunk is there supposed to be something on top of the taillight to block off water from running in?
IMG-9985.jpg
IMG-9986.jpg
IMG-9987.jpg
IMG-9997.jpg

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
So there is an original wire that you have to unplug from the 3rd brake light. I believe you press on it to release it from it's socket. The wire that you unplug goes into one of the sockets on your wire that is coming from your tail lights. Then the other end plugs into the 3rd brake light itself.

Ignore the red box.

Also, that's just how the 2018s are made. I also noticed it too when I tried to put my old tail lights in, it had a different shape on top. (15-17) back into the box that the euros came in. They wouldn't fit.

But look at this ebay listing for reference of an OEM light

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-2019-...845104?hash=item5d90c5de30:g:aoMAAOSwPRldUIdm

It has the same design on top. (4th picture).

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Here is how it's supposed to hook up.

Also a bonus picture of the tails
IMG_3393.jpg
IMG_3377.JPG

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
So nothing should be removed
So there is an original wire that you have to unplug from the 3rd brake light. I believe you press on it to release it from it's socket. The wire that you unplug goes into one of the sockets on your wire that is coming from your tail lights. Then the other end plugs into the 3rd brake light itself.

Also, that's just how the 2018s are made. I also noticed it too when I tried to put my old tail lights in, it had a different shape on top. (15-17) back into the box that the euros came in. They wouldn't fit.

But look at this ebay listing for reference of an OEM light

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-2019-...845104?hash=item5d90c5de30:g:aoMAAOSwPRldUIdm

It has the same design on top. (4th picture).
So nothing goes into the second picture I posted right? Sorry. I'm really starting to doubt my reading comprehension.

The two black ends of the yellow wire: One black end goes into the red box thing (into the socket) and the other goes into the wire you just pulled out, correct?

Edit: Just saw your picture! GOT IT THANKS!

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Jban100 You have to reuse the tops of your factory tail lights. They just clip on. I was confused by that when I first saw it myself.

Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Jban100 You have to reuse the tops of your factory tail lights. They just clip on. I was confused by that when I first saw it myself.
damn never realized this. just pulled mine off with a flathead and put them on my new ones

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wasn't in their instructions. Of course their instructions left a lot to be desired. I don't remember it being mentioned in any of the reviews either.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't forget to transfer the clip from the trunk side of the lights to the new tail lights. it is on the back where the textured panel comes to a point it hooks to the bumper cover.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
It wasn't in their instructions. Of course their instructions left a lot to be desired. I don't remember it being mentioned in any of the reviews either.
I showed it in my video.

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
damn never realized this. just pulled mine off with a flathead and put them on my new ones
any idea how you used a flathead to remove them?
Sponsored