Sponsored

Denso oil filters

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used this brand? I've been looking at many filter reviews (YT and written) and from what I've read and seen, they look to be a quality filter. Plus I've used them for the last 26 years of owning Toyotas with no issues.

Here is a YT video of a review:

Just curious about people's opinions on a Ford.
Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Just curious about people's opinions on a Ford.
Depends on whether DENSO makes a filter that can be used on our cars?

If not, then what's the point...?

OP
OP
ArgentumS550

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
What's the point from deviating from what works from the factory? Motorcraft oil filters are cheap and good quality. No need to search for anything else. Just my .02.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ArgentumS550

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What's the point from deviating from what works from the factory? Motorcraft oil filters are cheap and good quality. No need to search for anything else. Just my .02.
There have been reports of MC filters (made by Purolator) having faulty pleats that have split open. Not widespread, but still concerning. I also tend to look for parts that will outperform OEM ones on occasion. Having had good results with the filters on my Toyotas according to oil analysis and the reputation of Denso, I thought I'd apply that reasoning to the GT.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What's the point from deviating from what works from the factory? Motorcraft oil filters are cheap and good quality.
Asked and answered. :wink:

Ebm's sig said:
BBK Longtubes, X-pipe, Roush exhaust, Boss Intake, JLT CAI, Tuned
Niche wheels, carbon fibered
Careful, I understand people have been perma-banned for saying owners shouldn't deviate from stock.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Am curious about their torque stopper feature. Can't find an explanation on their web site but found marketing claims it prevents over torquing and also prevents leaks from under torquing.

Regarding over torquing, I am pretty sure they don't have a torque sensing ratcheting system that lets the outer shell spin once the core is at optimal torque and can't imagine any other way to do that other than maybe the flutes give way if over-torqued with a matching socket.

Regarding under torquing, I'm pretty sure that could not be prevented without some kind of shaped charge that spins the filter on with the minimum required torque. :wink:

I emailed them and will post any explanation I get.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Before I started running Amsoil in my cars about 6 years ago, I was all on the Motul and Denso wagon. I had great UOA running the filters, when I switched to e85 my motul was breaking down too fast, that’s why I went to Amsoil. I’d have zero issues running a denso on my mustang.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just run OEM, but the honest truth is just like everything else, you have to more or less pick one or the other. High filtration with sacrificed flow (Unless you have ab absurd amount of pleats) or plenty of flow, but not filtering much. Because of ghost-branding, it's hard to tell who made what. Champion Labs makes several, just from what I've read. Mann, Mahle, Wix are all highly-regarded filters that I think are actually made by themselves.

I'm as much of a sucker as the next guy, but when people count the number of pleats, or measure the surface area, I bang my head on the table. 200 sq inches of crap filter isn't better than 150 sq inches of synthetic (= equal pore size) filter paper.

Wix' is awesome just because they are transparent, and will show you every spec you could ask for on their web page. Great way also to figure out oversize filters that might work.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
There have been reports of MC filters (made by Purolator) having faulty pleats that have split open. Not widespread, but still concerning. I also tend to look for parts that will outperform OEM ones on occasion. Having had good results with the filters on my Toyotas according to oil analysis and the reputation of Denso, I thought I'd apply that reasoning to the GT.
Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for explaining. I know to stay away from Fram at all costs lol. At the end of the day, go with whatever your gut says and whatever will make you feel safe and not worry about reliability. :like:

Careful, I understand people have been perma-banned for saying owners shouldn't deviate from stock.
Oh c'mon man, don't pick apart my argument. :giggle: You can't compare aftermarket car parts brands that go on a car versus maintenance item brands that... also go on a car.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Oh c'mon man, don't pick apart my argument. :giggle: You can't compare aftermarket car parts brands that go on a car versus maintenance item brands that... also go on a car.
Sorry. For some reason your post reminded me of:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP