Please help me decide

riversidedawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB, 2010 mustang GT
I wat to remove the Resonators but am unsure what brand to go with. Go cheap with shiftteck , Lethal performance or go all out with the Corsa double helix. Any help will be appreciated.
Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
If you’re doing the install yourself, just go with Shifteck. All things being the same, why pay more, unless you like getting poked..

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I don’t understand spending the extra on this. A sawzall, Dremel, and a couple simple hand tools and you can do this on your own with the shifteck...and know it’s done right.

I have no experience with the others, just know the corsa is $$$ and i don’t see the gains for the extra spent.

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the shiftteck.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I actually got the Lethal Performance res delete. It is only slightly more than the Shifteck piece, but it is made from better stainless. Its also not near as pricey as the Corsa res delete.

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I wat to remove the Resonators but am unsure what brand to go with. Go cheap with shiftteck , Lethal performance or go all out with the Corsa double helix. Any help will be appreciated.
I would go Lethal or Corsa in my opinion yes it is more expensive but the Corsa sounds the best the double helix x gives it a little more unique less tin noise compared to the shifteck or even a stock R if you have heard them before. Lethal isn't bad as well made from better steel but I'm not a fan of the shifteck like most on the forum I believe there is a sound difference that's worth the extra $$$ for Corsa.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I actually got the Lethal Performance res delete. It is only slightly more than the Shifteck piece, but it is made from better stainless. Its also not near as pricey as the Corsa res delete.
Yes, T409 is better material. However, material went out of the question when I discovered OEM is actually T309 which made it more sound, no pun intended, to stick with the T309 based Shiftek product as it met OEM standards. I even got mine welded. It's now an R exhaust system in my books which is what I wanted.

I would go Lethal or Corsa in my opinion yes it is more expensive but the Corsa sounds the best the double helix x gives it a little more unique less tin noise compared to the shifteck or even a stock R if you have heard them before. Lethal isn't bad as well made from better steel but I'm not a fan of the shifteck like most on the forum I believe there is a sound difference that's worth the extra $$$ for Corsa.
I'd like to convince you that the shiftek exhaust only product is actually pretty awesome... Forget "shiftek" offers this.. but T309 is still T309. It beats aluminum which you could throw on the GT350 for 80 bucks at a local exhaust shop. Side note, I see you're local? Let's tear the mountain soon.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Yes, T409 is better material. However, material went out of the question when I discovered OEM is actually T309 which made it more sound, no pun intended, to stick with the T309 based Shiftek product as it met OEM standards. I even got mine welded. It's now an R exhaust system in my books which is what I wanted.

I'd like to convince you that the shiftek exhaust only product is actually pretty awesome... Forget "shiftek" offers this.. but T309 is still T309. It beats aluminum which you could throw on the GT350 for 80 bucks at a local exhaust shop. Side note, I see you're local? Let's tear the mountain soon.
I agree the shifttek matches the stock exhaust perfectly and for the price it is a lot better than the exhaust shop option and it does match the R sound. I only mention the Corsa because my buddy had it installed and I was impressed by the sound in person. And yes I'm a little south of Atlanta but do go up to the mountains occasionally to drive and I know other people from GA drive the mountains roads on this forum as well maybe a future meet up of members would be cool.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Shifteck or Lethal; which ever suits your fancy. Corsa is an overpriced gimmick. There's a video or something out there (I'll try to find it) that show how x-pipes work and the "double helix" adds nothing. As far as sound difference/quality of the Corsa...well, I'll believe a difference in sound or in sound quality when I hear it side by side to my Shifteck. They ALL literally sound great. No way on earth there's a drastic difference in sound with that one to justify the price point.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
I may be a bit Bias but i would suggest our Lethal resonator delete, we sell tons of then with very happy customers :like:. The Corsa unit is pretty pricey compared to most other options but the people that run it seem to be happy. Send me a PM if i can help in anyway.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
The Corsa route would be my preference. As others have mentioned it's not the least expensive sure, but it's definitely a great option. We use Corsa here on many of our customer's and personal vehicles since we know the fitment, type of sound, and quality control are always going to be spot on. We are also a dealer for them so feel free to reach out if you'd like to get a quote.
Sponsored