Dealer Ordered Tracking

Noonan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K7738, 2005 SuperDuty, 2015 Outback
A couple weeks ago, I put a down payment on a 2019 Bullitt that is shown on the Ford website to be dealer ordered. He is supposed to send me a link to track the vehicle, but so far he hasn't gotten any info for tracking. I entered the VIN for the vehicle shown on the website, and got this reply:

We are unable to find the VIN you entered. Either the VIN is invalid or no information is available. Please check with your dealer for status on your vehicle.

I also entered the VIN from a few other dealer ordered vehicles and got the same response. I saw another thread saying that you can't use the regular vehicle tracking site for dealer ordered cars.

The dealer thought the vehicle would be in around the end of July.

Thanks!
Sponsored

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
The tracking isn't all that great anyway, mine has been "in production" for a month now. It is suppose to be delivered Wednesday, I am not holding my breath. And yes, the tracking site is only for special order cars.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
If you have the VIN, you should be able to contact Ford Performance Chat and get some information from them. They have access to the dealer tracking system.

TwinGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT and 2019 GT on order
The tracking isn't all that great anyway, mine has been "in production" for a month now. It is suppose to be delivered Wednesday, I am not holding my breath. And yes, the tracking site is only for special order cars.
I agree with armsdealer.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Looks like production is help up at the moment due to component shortage. My delivery date has come and gone. Let’s hope it doesn’t last too long.

OP
OP

Noonan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K7738, 2005 SuperDuty, 2015 Outback
Looks like production is help up at the moment due to component shortage. My delivery date has come and gone. Let’s hope it doesn’t last too long.
Yes, I was thinking it was something like that. Although, the same 7 Bullitts have been shown as available at dealers within 20 miles of me for the past month. I am wondering if the factory is "waiting for parts" because these don't seem to be moving as fast as expected.
Sponsored