Sponsored

Car in for new engine at dealers and stolen last night!!!!!!!!!!!

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
That's an inside job. Some employee stole the keys, and then the car. Or the thieve's buddies stole the car.

Anyways, that should be a new car for you, taken care of by the dealership.
I agree .. being that the car is Australia and it's like $80 grand to get one of those over there.. I'm sure there's a big market for them over there in the chop shops.
Sponsored

Reactions: car
OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Well it appears the dealer has walked away from this and is not offering any support. Time will tell. I had a pretty bad night and woke to the news the local Mustang car Club has started a fund raiser for me. I didn't know I had so many friends. just shows people do have your back. Insurance will write the car off after 14 days. I provisionally signed up for the last triple yellow in Australia for sale this afternoon. Other things will happen later (can't say more now).

Bran2TheDon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp. Orange GT
Their going to write your car off, but start you off fresh with a nice new loan on a new one? Time to raise a fit

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well it appears the dealer has walked away from this and is not offering any support.....
Can you share more details about this? What discussion was had? With whom? Who said what?

I suppose, from a strictly business stand-point, it's really between you and your insurance company. But I'd suggest looking into the laws in your country, and see if the dealership has any legal responsibility for vehicles in their possession.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Not too hard to figure out what “other things will happen later” means :giggle: I hope you get that last TY. Will make dealing with this a little easier. Please keep us updated.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So there’s absolutely no security cams on the Dealer’s lot, inside their business OR on any street leading to or from that area?

No traffic light cams, no convenience store cams along a possible route the thieves may have taken?

I mean cmon now - a bright yellow S550 that is hard to come by in that country and no one has seen it?

Check your ports ... and any/all local classifieds in your area...

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
My son runs a law firm......there were cams. Police have that. I had a tip a bikie gang might have it. I don't think the police are taking it that seriously to look a cams...

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My son runs a law firm......there were cams. Police have that. I had a tip a bikie gang might have it. I don't think the police are taking it that seriously to look a cams...
A bikie gang has your car?

Dude....seriously.....details man!! Share the details!!! Act like you're telling a story.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
My insurers were equally outraged. I believe they will take it up with dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
A bikie gang has your car?

Dude....seriously.....details man!! Share the details!!! Act like you're telling a story.
It was just a tip from a friend - she saw 3 cars one of them a yellow Mustang. She knows my car well. Thought they looked odd - got one plate which turned out to false. It was a known bikie gang place. The problem is they are long gone. Also a very big factor is this. They have all my details from the satnav. So if it is them (and I don't really know) but it fits - they stole all the diagnostic computers. I don't want a visit from anyone. So for anyone reading this - don't put your details (home address) in the nav.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Looks like my car is doing the rounds...extract from facebook Lakelands community page.
"HELP NEEDED!!!!
Did anyone see a bright yellow and black ford GT or mustang around lakelands this morning around 8am- whilst we were away overnight our home has been completely ransacked! The neighbours have advised it was 3 men in hoodies who parked in our driveway.
The street is yindana blvd near the shopping centre end.
Police and foresnics have attended but we need your help!
We feel completely ill that this has happened and are grateful our family wasnt home at the time.
If anyone has footage around this time we would be forever grateful if you could check.
Thank you"

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
This is a great reason to do some unique visual mods to your car and make it unmistakably yours. Although your color seems super rare so there's that. Hope this all works out. Thanks for the updates

Reactions: car

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
My insurers were equally outraged. I believe they will take it up with dealer.
I just knew you would come back and say the dealership would try to weasel out of their responsibility. Bottom line is your car was in their care and the dealership is at fault. It will be interesting to see how the insurance laws work in your country. Is your insurance company complied to make you whole even though it's the dealeship's fuck-up ? I'm sure your insurance company will sic the dogs on the dealership.

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The news network seemed interested in the story. Maybe call them up and give them an update that the dealership in not playing nice. News outlets LOVE stories like this. It'll taint their reputation on TV, it's the last thing they want.
Sponsored