Sponsored

Is my BAP bad?Vortech

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I an running Vortech plug and play BAP. My logs are showing up lean above 6k. How do I test this? I checked the fuse that is good... the ground is good. I tested where the power plugs/clicks to the pump basket and it is 11 volts with and without the boost a pump connected... To me that tells me it is bad... but just wanted to make sure...

Maxflow Fuel Pump Boosters, Ford Mustang Plug And Play Packages

5A102-036
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Check whatever wire goes from the bap to the power on the pump.If you have 11 volts before the bap you have a chargjng or battery problem.Check you battery voltage with car off then running.Car running should be 13 to 14.5 volts.Car off should be 12.6 if battery is good.Whatever your battery voltage is you should have that much voltage running from the wire that powers you bap on.

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check whatever wire goes from the bap to the power on the pump.If you have 11 volts before the bap you have a chargjng or battery problem.Check you battery voltage with car off then running.Car running should be 13 to 14.5 volts.Car off should be 12.6 if battery is good.Whatever your battery voltage is you should have that much voltage running from the wire that powers you bap on.
at the battery it is 12.5... car running is 14.3... before and after the BAP with the car off is 11 and 11.9v … this is with the car off.... seems like the BAP isn't doing anything... meaning it isn't working. I just want to make sure I am testing this the right way....

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
The best way to test it is too see which wire is the output wire for the bap.Then you have to activate the bap most likely with the gas pedal and see what the bap is putting out.Im not sure about the vortec but the jms has two wires you cross and it activates the bap so you can test it.When i say activate it meaning not just turning on the bap but activate the boosted voltage.Its kind of tricky to do because the pumps only come on for a few seconds unless the car is running.You could run the car and have someone quickly hit the gas pedal to the floor and check output voltage at your pumps.Should be about 17 depending on what you have your bap setup.The bap only boost voltage when gas pedal hits close to full throttle

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The best way to test it is too see which wire is the output wire for the bap.Then you have to activate the bap most likely with the gas pedal and see what the bap is putting out.Im not sure about the vortec but the jms has two wires you cross and it activates the bap so you can test it.When i say activate it meaning not just turning on the bap but activate the boosted voltage.Its kind of tricky to do because the pumps only come on for a few seconds unless the car is running.You could run the car and have someone quickly hit the gas pedal to the floor and check output voltage at your pumps.Should be about 17 depending on what you have your bap setup.The bap only boost voltage when gas pedal hits close to full throttle
This one is truly plug and play... there are no settings... uses factory plugs... and one new ground ... supper easy to install... I was hoping there was a way to test with the car off... I will give it a try in the am... thank you for your feedback !

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This one is truly plug and play... there are no settings... uses factory plugs... and one new ground ... supper easy to install... I was hoping there was a way to test with the car off... I will give it a try in the am... thank you for your feedback !
One thing to add to this... I called technical support and they were not helpful on letting me know how to test this BAP either, this thing is $375... I was hoping for better service.
Maxflow Fuel Pump Boosters, Ford Mustang Plug And Play Packages
5A102-036

and now the good news: I installed a DW400 $299 and the logs are now good!

dmxmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 roush rs2
I had a bad BAP it was going lean after 5700 rpm but mine was under warranty VMP found it when doing a dyno tune. They said it was very rare that they go bad but mine did . So it is possible that it is bad . How long have you had ot

OP
OP

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only had it 5 months...
Sponsored