Sponsored

Step by Step Guide to Enabling Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) and Cross Traffic Alert (CTA)

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
all my parts have arrived and i'm putting everything together now. going to pre-wire the harnesses before taking the bumper apart so it's a bit quicker

as an FYI, you can save yourself a few bucks by buying these screws at home depot or something instead of ordering the OEM ones at 10 bucks a pop:
m4-0.7 x 16mm

i've tested them as i only ordered 2 of the OEM ones and they fit fine. should run you 2 bucks instead of 40

also one of my sensors has the tabs broken off of the bottom. i super glued 2 m5 washers on per hole, 1 top and 1 bottom. fit perfect and cost like 50 cents

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I had the trunk trims off today, so I took a closeup picture of where I spliced in the wires for MS CAN+ and MS CAN-. You can see two wires from both sensors being spliced into one wire off of the harness (one pair per +/- side). This is where the color coding your wires comes in handy so you don't end up splicing in + wires into the - wire on the harness.

20190518_135712.jpg

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I found the Word version of the guide so I'm uploading here so someone else can update it in case I get ran over by a bus. Also updated portions regarding the LED lights and configuration difference for the manual transmission.

Attachments

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Spent a few hours on this today and I'm almost done. Your install guide is great by the way

I've got both modules installed and wired up, and made the necessary forscan changes. Not seeing any errors in the dash, the modules were throwing errors prior to making the forscan changes. Wife called me in for GOT finale and dinner, will run the LEDs, test everything out and troubleshoot any issues tomorrow

Hardest part for me was putting the bumper cover back on, a cable kept getting in the way

Sponsored

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Seeing some weirdness in forscan. I get DTCs for the sodl and sodr, showing a short or open connection to battery. I'm sure that they are properly grounded in the trunk

I can pull up the modules in Forscan and they show the wrong VINs. I attempt to update them and all writes fail. the writes appear to succeed and it tells me to cycle the ignition, but it just shows the old vin over and over

Wondering if I have the wrong polarity on the canbus + and - taps? Should I try the other wire on pin 23? I used the upper wire from both pin 11 and 23 for the canbus - and +

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
VIN thing was just me reading it wrong, so all good there. This morning I soldered up some LEDs, and ran them to the front of the car in a temporary fashion. I ground the LEDs to the 13 mm bolts on the door frames. when i start it up, i get the LEDs blinking a few times while everything initializes.

When i put the car in reverse, i get a cross traffic alerting system malfunction alert. both modules are still kicking up alerts for ground shorts. tested blind spot alerting and the LEDs don't light up

any ideas?

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
VIN thing was just me reading it wrong, so all good there. This morning I soldered up some LEDs, and ran them to the front of the car in a temporary fashion. I ground the LEDs to the 13 mm bolts on the door frames. when i start it up, i get the LEDs blinking a few times while everything initializes.

When i put the car in reverse, i get a cross traffic alerting system malfunction alert. both modules are still kicking up alerts for ground shorts. tested blind spot alerting and the LEDs don't light up

any ideas?
check forscan for codes, it should have code since led's are flashing. when system is operating normal they just light up for a couple of seconds. my first guess may be led resistance issue.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Sounds completely resistance related. Same issue I had until I found led’s within the resistance range needed.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
if you need new led's let me know I will mail you some, I have red, blue, yellow and green.

Sponsored

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
thanks, appreciate it. did you buy them locally somewhere or order them online?

i had bought thus cheapo kit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPV4CSH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i just swapped out red for blue (3.0 - 3.2V) however i still get the ground fault for both the SODL and SODR modules
these were the ones I purchased based on recommendations. I tried several colors and they all worked.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DZIRPM4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_29Y4CbMVQ1TDY

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP

any ideas?
What's the resistance for the lights? Per @breeves002, the sweet spot for them seems to be > 400 ohms. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DZIRPM4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_29Y4CbMVQ1TDY is the one that I used. Others had good luck with them but some didn't, perhaps due to the change in the resistance due to manufacturing variances... Let me know if you have issues finding the lights that'll work and I'll send you some from my stash.

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
swapped in the recommended LEDs today and it worked like a charm, tested out on the highway and everything is working as expected. i kind of cheated for the alert wires, i removed the door trim and ran them through that, then put the trim back on rather than taking apart and running them through the existing looms. figured it's secure enough in there anyways, the power for my amp in the trunk is already running through one of them anyways
Sponsored