Sponsored

Coffee thrown in car while driving!

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
Some A-Hole threw his Starbucks coffee in my car while driving down the road. Called the police and read them the plate number (temp plates) and then pulled over. Waited two hours for them to show up. They did not. I call again, Oops they lost my call and asked me to drive over to the station. Then they can't find the recording of my 911 call with the plates. AAAARRRRGG!

Not sure how to get this cleaned up. I wiped it down with water and cloths but it is a mess. My alarm went off in the night twice unprovoked. Not sure if my key fob is messed up or if the sensors in the advanced security package got messed up.

Can anyone recommend a DFW area place to get this cleaned?

b8s0vq.jpg

noefc1.jpg

24d4ys3.jpg

2v9c4rp.jpg

2dqrseb.jpg

2edpkav.jpg
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
What the hell happened to make someone do that?

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Some A-Hole threw his Starbucks coffee in my car while driving down the road. Called the police and read them the plate number (temp plates) and then pulled over. Waited two hours for them to show up. They did not. I call again, Oops they lost my call and asked me to drive over to the station. Then they can't find the recording of my 911 call with the plates. AAAARRRRGG!

Not sure how to get this cleaned up. I wiped it down with water and cloths but it is a mess. My alarm went off in the night twice unprovoked. Not sure if my key fob is messed up or if the sensors in the advanced security package got messed up.

Can anyone recommend a DFW area place to get this cleaned?

b8s0vq.jpg

noefc1.jpg

24d4ys3.jpg

2v9c4rp.jpg

2dqrseb.jpg

2edpkav.jpg
Fuck people are assholes. Sorry to hear that. You might want to pop over to the autogeek.net forums and post a question over there on how to best clean that up. It will take some work, but I'm sure you'll get it cleaned up.

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving a nice car I guess.

Sponsored

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He was driving a 2015? Cadillac CTS four. Badges were on the bottom of the trunk. He looked to be in his 20s. He was hell bent on getting away and I did not want to cause an accident. I figured since the 911 call had the plate on it, I could find him that way. I have a dash-cam but it got soaked and corrupted the memory card. Guy has some sort of demon guardian looking out for him. If I see him again, I will get his plate or follow to find out where he works or some such. Police said assault charges would be filed if I can identify him. Small claims court should take care of the rest.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Jeez! Hopefully everything works out for you OP.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
You'll live a lot longer when you clean it up and get on with your life. I kinda lol @ the 911 call though...wow. Police emergency, eh? This sucks and people suck even more but you need to clean it up and just get on with things.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
VinnAY is right. And this guy just drove up and threw his coffee in your car un-provoked and for no reason? Also I was in LE for years and have never heard of "losing" a 911 call. Anyway, like you said, he had some very good fortune after committing a heinous act. Get it cleaned up, a new waterproof dash cam (lol) and get on with life. Let karma find him.

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
You'll live a lot longer when you clean it up and get on with your life. I kinda lol @ the 911 call though...wow. Police emergency, eh? This sucks and people suck even more but you need to clean it up and just get on with things.
And that's how a-holes like this guy get away with it and do it to someone else again. Might as well let petty shoplifters and people that graffiti on others property off the hook too. This could have turned into a wreck very easily depending on how hot the coffee and had it gotten all over the driver's face/eyes. I'd say that's plenty enough to qualify as an "emergency."

Shame they dropped your call and you don't have the license plate. I would have had a tough time not driving like a maniac to catch them. I hope you run into him again and can get some sort of justice. Just another reminder of how crappy most people are.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VinnAY is right. And this guy just drove up and threw his coffee in your car un-provoked and for no reason? Also I was in LE for years and have never heard of "losing" a 911 call. Anyway, like you said, he had some very good fortune after committing a heinous act. Get it cleaned up, a new waterproof dash cam (lol) and get on with life. Let karma find him.
Yes, no reason. Not a car fight, not a road rage between us. Heavy traffic and he passed me and threw it as he went by. Then proceeded to Mad Max his way through traffic. As for the call, the only reason I stopped following him was because I had given the plate and description to the dispatcher. I also have never heard of "losing" a call. The officers at the station did not want to deal with it at all. I insisted that a report be created and they finally did. One dispatcher said she would look for the call that had me giving the plate number. Apparently a couple of jurisdictions may have been involved. Dallas is a mess when it comes to this stuff. Crossing my fingers.

/sarcasm/Thanks for insinuating that I am being less than honest or forthcoming./sarcasm/

I am a long time Nurse and EMT and have friends that are in law enforcement. I am not so casual about treating them when they come under my care and I would expect that when I need them, they would be as professional and helpful.

90Notch hit the nail on the head. Everyone should be held accountable for their actions.

I will get it cleaned up and life goes on. This is a minor incident in the big scheme of things I do realize. But, I will also do all I can to make sure he is held accountable.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
turn it into insurance. This would be a comp claim, considered no fault. Sucks it happened but just let them real with it, easier that way.

I say this assuming some of your electronics are messed up.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
He was driving a 2015? Cadillac CTS four. Badges were on the bottom of the trunk. He looked to be in his 20s. He was hell bent on getting away and I did not want to cause an accident. I figured since the 911 call had the plate on it, I could find him that way. I have a dash-cam but it got soaked and corrupted the memory card. Guy has some sort of demon guardian looking out for him. If I see him again, I will get his plate or follow to find out where he works or some such. Police said assault charges would be filed if I can identify him. Small claims court should take care of the rest.
Retrace your route and look for ANY traffic light cams OR exterior business security cams, because there’s the possibility that asshole was picked up on other footage.

Also, pop your memory card or stick out of your dash cam, lightly wipe the entire exterior down with a damp cloth - find someone with a PC who has a card reader slot and get the footage. You don’t always need the original device to get the vid files off the card. Most memory sticks can still reveal footage even after they have been wet...

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am computer literate and the card is dead. Cannot even read or format it. I have recovery software and it failed to retrieve anything. I will look around for cameras.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
a couple of weeks ago it seems someone flicked a burning cigarette butt on the trunk of my car. Miraculously , the paint was not damaged. Perhaps the butt burned out before it landed. I also have an expensive top notch wax job on my paint. I was told perhaps the good quality wax prevented damage.
I normally don't worry about people in Germany damaging mustangs out of spite however, spiteful people exist everywhere.
Sponsored