corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Because 300 hp is plenty of power for a daily driver and and the individual likes non boring cars like a Mustang.
This ↑↑↑

300 HP is about what my 4.6L puts out at the flywheel, and I know I never use anywhere near that much in my street driving. My track driving is another story, where I do get to use it all. Several times a minute for 15 or 20 minutes at a time. I know I could handle more power, but I also know that I don't need to have more power to still have fun out there. Not yet, anyway.

Norm
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This ↑↑↑

300 HP is about what my 4.6L puts out at the flywheel, and I know I never use anywhere near that much in my street driving. My track driving is another story, where I do get to use it all. Several times a minute for 15 or 20 minutes at a time. I know I could handle more power, but I also know that I don't need to have more power to still have fun out there. Not yet, anyway.

Norm

You tell them Norm!

BTW guys: Norm knows his stuff!

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
I haven't seen anyone mention cost here, but maybe the OP is just being a dick trying to look down his nose at those that can't afford the size bank loan he has on his Stang.

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 8.34.44 PM.jpg

HexaNerva

EL 5OH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If Ford had offered a premium packaged v6 I would have gone that route over my GT. I didn't care for Mustangs before the S550, the looks alone sold me on the car.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I’m definitely not bashing the V6 with my previous comments. I just think the statement of the V6 beating the GT is absurd.
I previously had a ‘94 GT that I pumped a shitload of money in parts searching for more HP. Got up to just under 300 rwhp N/A on a dyno. I would guess the S550 V6 would blow the doors off that ‘94 as I’ve never driven one. I’m a V8 guy all the way when it comes to Mustangs, muscle cars, etc. Seems like no matter what HP you have, it eventually ends up being not enough. In my opinion anyway.
Technology over the years is incredible !

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly think that the V6 is amazing deal especially if you manage to get a 2017th since this is the last year the V6 exists. I think this cars will hold value much better than a GT and you will not be hit with big depreciation on this engine. Also daily driving a V6 should be fine and the car will not try to kill you that often. And the gas milage will be much better than a GT and you pay way less for the V6 at first place over the 5yo or so life of the car I honestly think you will have a great bargain Mustang over a GT. So it's not always about bhp or so on. And 300 bhp on the road are plenty.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Will a V6 hold value better than a GT350 though? Should be more rare and special since Ford stopped making it!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It’s a shame fat guy didn’t have a YouTube channel. If he would have posted videos of all his GT kills. It most likely would have saved the V6. Who wouldn’t want a GT killer for 22 grand?

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Another idiotic thread causing more diversity on the forum.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I’m definitely not bashing the V6 with my previous comments. I just think the statement of the V6 beating the GT is absurd.
I previously had a ‘94 GT that I pumped a shitload of money in parts searching for more HP. Got up to just under 300 rwhp N/A on a dyno. I would guess the S550 V6 would blow the doors off that ‘94 as I’ve never driven one. I’m a V8 guy all the way when it comes to Mustangs, muscle cars, etc. Seems like no matter what HP you have, it eventually ends up being not enough. In my opinion anyway.
Technology over the years is incredible !
Actually, I get the feeling a bunch of people on here are actually a bunch of whining, unappreciative spoiled adult brats. But, the whiners are tomorrows buyers and that's what keeps it all going. But yes, tech has moved on.

Kaw8787

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
18 ecoboost mustang
I like when people shit on people who buy the V6. Like they think all mustangs should be V8’s or you’re a pussy. If I’m not mistaken the first mustangs produced were straight 6’s

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I like when people shit on people who buy the V6. Like they think all mustangs should be V8’s or you’re a pussy. If I’m not mistaken the first mustangs produced were straight 6’s
And the funniest thing is they all get suckered into the latest, greatest mine is bigger than yours BS, but that's what sells cars.
Be happy. Be thankful for what you have. I for one was plenty happy with a 13 second street car. And the V6 is a great engine with plenty of power especially for an every day car, is competitive with classic muscle cars and all the whiners need to just stop acting like spoiled beercan elitists. We'll send you all over to the Tesla forum so they can insult your crappy, cheap, slow GT and give you a taste of your own BS.
And I don't even like Tesla or would want one.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.