GT350R on track chasing Ford GT

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I am including this video because I found it entertaining. I am making no assumptions regarding how hard or how not hard the driver of the GT was driving. Racing begins at the 2 minute 19 seconds mark. Enjoy.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
:clap: This was at the Shelby Bash, Day one. I made YouTube! :sunglasses: I ran the meeting and I was also the instructor for the Ford GT drivers. Both drivers were in our beginner group and this footage was in the advanced group so, I am not sure who is driving. I have an R on the way and as excited as I am about it, the Ford GT is insane. This particular driver missed a lot of the lines he should have been on (early in the event) and that car just goes where pointed. Fun fact. The car is owned by the designer of the 2004 Ford GT. As the weekend went on, he was probably my best student. The kid doing the videos has a big ego, Hes not a bad driver and hes young but...… At first when you posted, I thought it was going to be ok but, toward the end, the whining started. Its true, I did ask drivers to let others pass. I also said if they didn't, roll through the pits and give yourself some room. His only goal was to pass the GT. I think this kid has some talent. To bad he cant loose the atitude

RenegadeUnlimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euros and Fords
:clap: This was at the Shelby Bash, Day one. I made YouTube! :sunglasses: I ran the meeting and I was also the instructor for the Ford GT drivers. Both drivers were in our beginner group and this footage was in the advanced group so, I am not sure who is driving. I have an R on the way and as excited as I am about it, the Ford GT is insane. This particular driver missed a lot of the lines he should have been on (early in the event) and that car just goes where pointed. Fun fact. The car is owned by the designer of the 2004 Ford GT. As the weekend went on, he was probably my best student. The kid doing the videos has a big ego, Hes not a bad driver and hes young but...… At first when you posted, I thought it was going to be ok but, toward the end, the whining started. Its true, I did ask drivers to let others pass. I also said if they didn't, roll through the pits and give yourself some room. His only goal was to pass the GT. I think this kid has some talent. To bad he cant loose the atitude
I see absolutely zero arrogance while watching this video. Ego? Have you met this guy? Do you know anything about his racing background?

Looks pretty poor for someone to come on this Forum representing Team Shelby, and bashing on this kid, while the kid is out there promoting Team Shelby, Shelby American, and Ford via Youtube.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I see absolutely zero arrogance while watching this video. Ego? Have you met this guy? Do you know anything about his racing background?

Looks pretty poor for someone to come on this Forum representing Team Shelby, and bashing on this kid, while the kid is out there promoting Team Shelby, Shelby American, and Ford via Youtube.
You should see the rest of his videos. Like his video on how he was quotted $600k for the GT500 or his video from a year ago stating he "ordered" a "2019 GT500"

It is cancer.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

I represent me. No where in the video does he promote Team Shelby. And, Im probably the easier on him then a vast majority. I never used the word arrogance, I said ego, you made that leap. I actually gave him some props. Seems you may be a bit touchy about it.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Love it when people go out of their way to be offended....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The GT really pulls on the straights, huh? I'm sure it can pull more Gs in the corners as well. Amazing to see the GT just walk away like the GT350R is standing still.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The GT really pulls on the straights, huh? I'm sure it can pull more Gs in the corners as well. Amazing to see the GT just walk away like the GT350R is standing still.
Thats a fact

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I was a little surprised by that too. I ran across that guy in one of the Facebook groups and can't think of his name now. That car is badass. Pretty cool he is actually driving it!

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You should see the rest of his videos. Like his video on how he was quotted $600k for the GT500 or his video from a year ago stating he "ordered" a "2019 GT500"

It is cancer.
What's disappointing is that he actually does have some good points in some of his videos but then has stupid clickbait bullshit like that. And I'd agree that he does have an ego but it's more of the "I'm young, I know it, and therefore I constantly need to have validation and prove everything to everyone" ego. Take it for what you will. Not a lot of teenagers have GT350R's...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was a little surprised by that too. I ran across that guy in one of the Facebook groups and can't think of his name now. That car is badass. Pretty cool he is actually driving it!
It does totally make sense with the Ford GT having so much power, so little weight, all the aero, DCT, mid-engine, etc etc.

I think I bought in a little to some of the anti-Ford GT stuff that people post. When you see a GT (probably driven at about 70%) make a GT350R look slow you start to realize how large that gap in performance truly is. The GT350R was slipping around, he was sawing at the wheel pushing it and the Ford GT wasn't slipping around at all.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It does totally make sense with the Ford GT having so much power, so little weight, all the aero, DCT, mid-engine, etc etc.

I think I bought in a little to some of the anti-Ford GT stuff that people post. When you see a GT (probably driven at about 70%) make a GT350R look slow you start to realize how large that gap in performance truly is. The GT350R was slipping around, he was sawing at the wheel pushing it and the Ford GT wasn't slipping around at all.
To be fair, that is his driving style from the few things I have seen.

Put me down in group that isn't the biggest fan of this kid, the first video I ever watched of him he mentioned he would take his car to the track, because he is an SCCA competition licensed driver. I've only seen one person in real life bring up they are a licensed driver, completely unprovoked, and he proceeded to have some of the worst on track mannerisms I've seen. Especially from someone who sound know better.

So I guess I had a bit of a bias after that happened.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
To be fair, that is his driving style from the few things I have seen.

Put me down in group that isn't the biggest fan of this kid, the first video I ever watched of him he mentioned he would take his car to the track, because he is an SCCA competition licensed driver. I've only seen one person in real life bring up they are a licensed driver, completely unprovoked, and he proceeded to have some of the worst on track mannerisms I've seen. Especially from someone who sound know better.

So I guess I had a bit of a bias after that happened.
In the video, he took some wierd lines which will cause the sawing of the wheel as well. Not a critisim for our touchy friends. Just observation. He was pushing the car. I like to think Im a good driver but, there was a pro class SCCA champion and a FIA world champion there with us. Yea, I got nothin

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The driver in the GT350 was certainly taking better lines than the one in the GT, and seemed to have good car control as well. His downshifts seemed to be a bit late in some corners, happening wall after turn-in and almost to the apex, but he seemed to be a pretty good driver and I'm sure much faster than I would be in my GT350.

I really liked the video until he threw the GT driver under the bus by focusing so much on the lack of the point by. It was pretty clear that the GT driver was relatively new (based on the lines and the lack of pushing hard in the corners) and he probably had a bit of tunnel vision.

Overall it was really fun to see the GT out there and to get a comparison in acceleration between the two. The GT being able to walk away from the GT350 is pretty impressive, especially since the GT350 driver should have had much better corner exit speed. If there was any supercar i'd want, it would be the Ford GT simply because it is so beautiful, but it is nice to know that it can back up the looks with great performance as well (even if it isn't the fastest thing out there).

I remember that track pretty well from when I did the Ron Fellows driving school, and drove many laps in a C7 Vette as part of that experience. It was a great track, and the C7 is a great car. At the time I was already 99% sure I was going to get the GT350 (although it was still mostly rumors at that point), and many of the Vette owners were giving me crap (in a friendly way) because I was choosing the Mustang over the Vette. In the end I don't think you could go wrong with either, but a big part of the choice for me was due to the high revving nature of the engine. The LT1 is great, especially on the street, but falls a bit flat at the top of the rev range. The Voodoo torque curve just makes the car feel a bit crazy, which really puts a smile on the face.

-T
Sponsored